• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

ghostmind

kRo4dXP.jpg

_Rob_

I am not a fan of Pop Vinyl's and neither am I of Brick Headz. Granted the Lego version of the idea is clever and I'm sure will prove successful; I just can't get into the whole "chibi" look.

Having said that if we now have images of the POTC Brick Headz, I very much hope we'll be seeing the new POTC ship unblurred shortly!

Woorloog

Banned
I believe I read we will be finally getting a new tie bomber somewhere.

Yeah, the rumor is a Last Jedi SW set would be a First Order TIE Bomber. But it is only a rumor so.. *shrug*

Lego doesn't seem to be a big fan of Imperial starfighters. There has been only one (minifig scale) TIE Bomber set ever, and only one TIE Interceptor.

Damn it. TIE Fighter make me want more. Maybe i need to get that TIE Striker too...

tVAp7XI.jpg

I found the pages with the batmobiles from the Amazon sample pages for the book.

I see what you mean, it's been incorrectly captioned, all of the above batmobiles with the yellow background were my creations and it's been credited to "Adam Duncan", apparently all of them already existed as real world LEGO sets, which is also incorrect :(

The below image is from another page, I've highlighted the ones I made, they appear to be duplicated too as the same one as down below repeated.

Sorry I didn't get the pics earlier, but glad you found that. And yes, that is the page I saw and was looking for your credit.

Eggcellent...

Fyq6PR0.jpg

That was one of the things I shared with Ghostmind the other day. But, now that the book is out:

:)

Is that a new 8x6x3 wide cockpit window ?
k6nzrsz.jpg
It will be mine. Oh, yes...it will be mine.

I think this one:

I think I'll get it too.

It is that one, and it is fantastic. It is cool that they say who designed what models that are sets (even if they didn't properly credit Wetwired for his work on stuff). But it is nice knowing certain LEGO designers I am a fan of have sets coming in the line soon.

willp2003

Snowspeeder looks good. I'll pick that up at some point. Gonna have to break some sets down this weekend and create some room :(

I shall buy the snowspeeder and slave 1 on may the 4th if its double points day/week

Snowspeeder is bae, looks pretty good and the price is alright.

I think this one:

I think I'll get it too.

Nice. And it is discounted on Amazon too, from $25 to $16.50.

Fake edit: But not in our Amazon, it is full price here. If I order fron Amazon US the shpping will double the original price. I guess I will have to wait a few days to see if it gets reduced here too.

Osahi

I shall buy the snowspeeder and slave 1 on may the 4th if its double points day/week

Snowspeeder is bae, looks pretty good and the price is alright.

That was my thought too. Full price is a bit too much if it's not around 0,10 a piece, but double VIP should soften the blow. Might go for the UCS Tie first though.

Is the Batman ( Movie spoiler )
Alfred's 60s Batman
costume minifigure available?
It's in the new Ultimate Batmobile I think.

A-Wing & Vader's TIE Advance, good set? Thinking that one or the Troop Transporter since they're both being retired on the swedish site. What's the difference between the new A-Wing and this one?

Is the Batman ( Movie spoiler )
Alfred's 60s Batman
costume minifigure available?

Which version are you talking about?
The one where he has the bat painted on his face and he's wearing a nice suit and cap is in the Ultimate Batmobile. The 60s Blue and Grey with the chalk eyebrows and mustache is sadly not in any set that we've seen.

It's in the new Ultimate Batmobile I think.

A-Wing & Vader's TIE Advance, good set? Thinking that one or the Troop Transporter since they're both being retired on the swedish site. What's the difference between the new A-Wing and this one?

Eh, not really. It has Vader and Tarkin, but the A-Wing is a specific Rebels design. The RTT is at least fun to build and has Leia. I'm not sure that she will be in another set, and you know...

Eh, not really. It has Vader and Tarkin, but the A-Wing is a specific Rebels design. The RTT is at least fun to build and has Leia. I'm not sure that she will be in another set, and you know...
Good to know! Then I need something worth 201SEK for the TLBM promotion figures. Maybe the Flash Speeder...

BigHow

Neo Member
I think this one:

I think I'll get it too.

Anyone in the US looking to get this book should check out Target.com. Right now there's a $10 off $50 in Lego Batman purchases promotion that stacks with a Buy 2, Get 1 Free books/movies/music promotion. Plus, the Making Of book is the same price as Amazon ($16.50).

Which version are you talking about?
The one where he has the bat painted on his face and he's wearing a nice suit and cap is in the Ultimate Batmobile. The 60s Blue and Grey with the chalk eyebrows and mustache is sadly not in any set that we've seen.

yeah the latter, damn that's the one I really want, love that costume

I was so hyped for Snowspeeder but in this pic the hype kinda deflates somehow. It looks really small and the shape of the front part looks "off" somehow to me, maybe i need to see it from a different angle though. Will it come with a stand i wonder?

Not loving that Snow Speeder, but due to their size and cost, it's rare for me to really like any UCS sets.

I honestly think the UCS R2-D2 was the last one I really wanted and was a more reasonable price. The Shield Helicarrier is pretty good too, but SO expensive

yeah the latter, damn that's the one I really want, love that costume
Yeah I'm really disappointed too. The figures in that set are a massive missed opportunity IMO.
Where is NightWing instead of another standard Robin? Why not one of the BatGirl variants from when Batman is giving her her name and suit? 60s Alfred Batman when??
):

This is from the same FB account "Lego News&Leaks" as Buttercup
fKQUbIv.jpg

Do we know if this is gonna be a Level Pack or just a Fun Pack?? I wonder what builds he'll come with!?

Yeah I'm really disappointed too. The figures in that set are a massive missed opportunity IMO.
Where is NightWing instead of another standard Robin? Why not one of the BatGirl variants from when Batman is giving her her name and suit? 60s Alfred Batman when??
):

Do we know if this is gonna be a Level Pack or just a Fun Pack?? I wonder what builds he'll come with!?

I would imagine a sandworm. But I'd take the post-modern Deetz house.

namtab37

Neo Member
fKQUbIv.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Love the fig! Any speculation on what the minifigure might be that will come with the Lego Batman movie blu ray?

I was so hyped for Snowspeeder but in this pic the hype kinda deflates somehow. It looks really small and the shape of the front part looks "off" somehow to me, maybe i need to see it from a different angle though. Will it come with a stand i wonder?

Regarding the size, it may be a bit smaller but not by much. Counting the studs, it's not far off from 10129. The front on this new version is actually more screen accurate. It captures the angles of the nose really well in my opinion.

I can't wait for this to come out. I missed out on 10129 so this is a welcomed set for me. And also because it's one of my favorite Star Wars vehicles of all time. :) I'd be surprised if it didn't come with a stand considering they included it with Slave I and the TIE.

Regarding the size, it may be a bit smaller but not by much. Counting the studs, it's not far off from 10129. The front on this new version is actually more screen accurate. It captures the angles of the nose really well in my opinion.

I can't wait for this to come out. I missed out on 10129 so this is a welcomed set for me. And also because it's one of my favorite Star Wars vehicles of all time. :) I'd be surprised if it didn't come with a stand considering they included it with Slave I and the TIE.

Sounds good to me... As i said, i really need to see different angles on this bad boy to judge it properly i guess. I just secretly hoped for a HUGE model, but yeah who am i kidding, it is also one of my favorite SW vehicles so of course i'll get it in the end.

The real scandal here is that classified information is illegally given out by NeoGAF "intelligence" like candy. Very un-American!

Placed a Brickheadz order along with a super hero girls and a keychain to get all the promos.

Fox Mulder

I love the speed champions line.

I got the new Ferrari f1 car and it's a quick build. I like how the car number sticker goes on its own block so you can change it between vettel's or kimi's car.

I am extremely curious as to what properties are gonna show up in Dimensions Year 3. Year 2 already has so many Left Field Oddball choices like A-Team, Mission: Impossible, Goonies, Beetlejuice, ET, and Knight Rider. What else does WB have access to?

Lego Ninjago Movie is obvious
More DC stuff is also obvious, isn't Justice League out next year or something? Wonder Woman?
A new Fantastic Beasts set? Maybe round out The Magnificent Trio with a Ron Fun Pack?
King Kong?
Marvel? Star Wars?
Finally give us the rest of the goddamn Wizard of Oz characters?
Steven Universe?
Futurama?

If Year 3 is the final year for Dimensions I'd like them to revisit some themes they've already done to give us the remaining characters from certain things, like Adventure Time, Harry Potter, Sonic (Tails and Knuckles Team Pack please!), etc.

There's a certain property that shows up in Lego Batman Movie that would make an EXCELLENT Lego game world but I cannot imagine it ever happening and am really shocked that it was even in the movie to begin with. Super unfair tease there ):

Is that a new 8x6x3 wide cockpit window ?
So ya, the cockpit looks 6 wide at the top and 8 wide at the front bottom.

I'm kinda "done" or "taking a break" from big sets because of space limitations but this is beautiful. I don't mind at all if it's smaller than other UCS sets; it's a smaller ship.

Matrix?

Yep.
Didn't even realize I wanted it till I saw it. And the character they used has a unique ability that could open up some really fun gameplay options too.

I've never understood why that movie was rated R to be honest, it really feels like a PG-13 movie to me, even when I first saw it (it was my first R-Rated theater movie IIRC). So even though it's a huge WB property it's not something I would have ever considered for Lego since they don't do R-rated properties.

Decided to spoiler tag my post in case it got people too curious, it's nothing plot-related to Lego Batman Movie just a cameo.

Top Bottom