• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

I've noticed Dyrus' viewers have dropped massively

Which is weird cause I could swear like a month and a half ago he was atleast at 10k

was it bots

has it always been bots

(I only watch Oddone but decided to watch Dyrus tonight)

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Which is weird cause I could swear like a month and a half ago he was atleast at 10k

was it bots

has it always been bots

i feel like it was 10k just a few days ago

i guess bjerg and faker both streaming at the same time are cutting that down

Ever

Banned

was it bots

has it always been bots

Meh.

1. Like OddOne, he's not relevant in the scene anymore

2. He's everyone's 3rd favorite streamer, as in, people watch him when no one else is on. It's sort of like Dominate & Sneaky, they're the only major streamers who are on at certain hours.

3. I find his stream to be kind of boring tbh

zkylon

zkylewd
jLaTovl.png

ok climbed all the way back to p1, lee carried us hard but i had a pretty great ori game today so i feel all this anivia is justified

now the real deal begins :>

Leezard

These new splash arts for Sejuani and Maokai are great. It's such a long way from the "3d model pasted to a black background" splash arts or even the old half-decent splash arts.

It's a good thing that splash arts for skins exist.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I like watching TheOddOne. He's funny and his streams tend to play games I like watching him play. It's not just League. Recently he played the entire Zero Escape series.

Is crit no longer favoured far as ADCs go atm?

The only thing I can tell you for sure is that if you can build BORK you should probably build bork first. If you're looking at Lucian his build of the moment is Bork into Black Cleaver. Varus I think is Bork into some zeal items along with rageblade because you're trying to generate stacks of blighted quiver. Kog'maw also builds bork into zeal & some rageblade items. Cait is def still building crit though because she scales hardest with crit.

Thanks for the info.
Guinsoo on varus is rather interesting.

I think it largely has to do with the fact that it gives you a ton of attack speed and the passive applies on-hit attacks twice on every other auto attack. So bork & popping blighted quiver stacks both give you %hp damage.

Gurrry

Im new to jungling, but there is nothing quite like having someone on your own team try to steal the last hit of red buff from you.

Man oh man this game is toxic

Talents

Banned
Im new to jungling, but there is nothing quite like having someone on your own team try to steal the last hit of red buff from you.

Man oh man this game is toxic

Yeah that's just trying to throw the game right there.

On another note related to jungling, me and Newt had a game the other day where the enemy Rammus got 4 buffed cause Newt stole his blue and our jungler stole his red. He didn't get a single buff in his first clear which was so painful to watch especially because it was a Rammus jungle and he already sucks at clearing.

Also NA junglers have an obsession with feeding my lane double buffs. It must have happened more times in the couple of months I've played on NA than the whole time I played on EUW.

zkylon

zkylewd
These new splash arts for Sejuani and Maokai are great. It's such a long way from the "3d model pasted to a black background" splash arts or even the old half-decent splash arts.

It's a good thing that splash arts for skins exist.
they said mf is next

i hope they redo her model too but unlikely

i can't wait 'til they get to lux and ori. i feel like half the reason i bought those shitty skins is to be really pumped when they redo the splashes

JulianImp

Man, it's really funky how ARAM teams can sometimes end up being five immobile melee champs against five ranged poke mages. Meanwhile, my large support pool means I'm often stuck with them (Rakan's pretty cool in ARAM, though), and some champs such as Lulu are downright boring to play when you can get paired against too many bursty all-in champs for your W and R to handle.

Having copied the tear start from a Ziggs, I'd say it's a great item to get when you want to spam ranged poke the whole match without having to pay attention to your mana.

Gurrry

On the first clear that's legit someone trying to throw the game.

Yeah he was mad because I called jungle first. I ended up smiting it right at the right time, but he flashed in and tried to get the last hit.

He then went on to go 2-10.

And really though, even if it isnt the first clear and one of your team mates is clearly trying to get that buff... you shouldnt flash in to steal it no matter what IMO.

JulianImp

I won't be playing Taric in the foreseeable future since I absolutely suck at reliably making good reactive plays. That also reminds me of the time I played Zilean and all my ults were either too late (and the intended recipient was already dead before I got to cast the spell) or in situations where it wasn't even needed in the first place.

Might as well go back to playing normals to practice non-Nami supports, since I'm kind of burned out from otping her. Teemo's still fine for the most part, but I've noticing I'm sort of apathetic when it comes to actually playing ranked matches... solo's just too boring. My cousin finally hit level 30 a while ago, so I guess I might start playing ranked with him once he's found a secondary role he feels comfortable in.

Leezard

not sure what's their criteria, but her splashes could use updating so it's fine

how do u feel about taric atm

i keep pestering my duo buddy to play him cos i love playing with taric on my team but he's not a huge fan

I never see him played, I never play him myself. I don't really have a strong opinion on him but he can sustain against some mid-tier poke lanes.

drawkcaB

I won't be playing Taric in the foreseeable future since I absolutely suck at reliably making good reactive plays. That also reminds me of the time I played Zilean and all my ults were either too late (and the intended recipient was already dead before I got to cast the spell) or in situations where it wasn't even needed in the first place.

Then don't be reactive =). You'd be shocked how effective ult'ing yourself and just walking into the enemy champs can be. Don't be scared to start fights with him.

I never see him played, I never play him myself. I don't really have a strong opinion on him but he can sustain against some mid-tier poke lanes.

If I can avoid running Taric into poking supports I do so. His sustain is too mana intensive. In lane I find Taric excels against heavy engage supports (Thresh, Blitz, Alistar, etc.). If the opposing support needs to get in my carry's face to do their thing, they're going to have an awful, awful time. I even prefer running him into those sort of supports more than Tahm or Braum because he doesn't just protect the carry, he'll turn the engage around and punish hard.

zkylon

zkylewd
If I can avoid running Taric into poking supports I do so. His sustain is too mana intensive. In lane I find Taric excels against heavy engage supports (Thresh, Blitz, Alistar, etc.). If the opposing support needs to get in my carry's face to do their thing, they're going to have an awful, awful time. I even prefer running him into those sort of supports more than Tahm or Braum because he doesn't just protect the carry, he'll turn the engage around and punish hard.
yeah the latter point is why i want him to play taric

honestly i want him to play more "carry" style supports than just lulu/karma/nami every game, so i'm trying to direct him towards zyra/malzahar/alistar/etc.

and i just happen to find taric really fun so that's my idea

drawkcaB

honestly i want him to play more "carry" style supports than just lulu/karma/nami every game, so i'm trying to direct him towards zyra/malzahar/alistar/etc.

I love Taric myself. Problem is that he's just a wee bit undertuned at the moment, IMO. Which is fine, it just means that his bad match-ups are worse than they probably should be. Unlike say Tahm or Braum where you can justify a bad match-up during laning because it won't be that bad and the team fit might be worth the aggravation.

I'd check if wants to play Braum.

Kenai

I haven't gotten to play much at all in the last few months but Taric really is quite fun to play. I balrely played him before the rework and he went up to my most played pretty fast.

You're a bit more at the mercy of your team's positioning than other supports (and dear god vs poke in lane phase) but he is such a disgusting enabler for a lot of champs that are already snowball-y. It feels really rewarding when your random diamond in the rough (no pun intended) assassin or dive-y jungler uses your beam to land an extra cheesy stun, or uses your ult to dive the backline unopposed.

zkylon

zkylewd
thanks for the advice u guys

i'll relay

I love Taric myself. Problem is that he's just a wee bit undertuned at the moment, IMO. Which is fine, it just means that his bad match-ups are worse than they probably should be. Unlike say Tahm or Braum where you can justify a bad match-up during laning because it won't be that bad and the team fit might be worth the aggravation.

I'd check if wants to play Braum.
but i hate braum lol

maybe i should tell him to play alistar

zkylon

zkylewd
i kind of really hate the ahri stories they put up, ever since a new dawn they've been doing this really "fragile" suffering ahri that's really lame and not in the slightest the sultry and cool soul sucking succubus she's supposed to be

it's well written and everything but that's not ahri

they did the same thing with lux, stop making girl characters be all whiny and sad, that's lame

Top Bottom