• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

robotuw

Raid boss is easy to survive against and I can get him in one turn if he's weak to phys but wasting our time on a coin flip is a bad idea. It's faster to focus on one damage type and hope you get lucky. My initial run with two phys and one mag unit took far longer than a 3-phys team. I'll probably swap to PRO once I get sick of this in a few days.

Raid summon has king gigantuars and goes up to at least 100x multi. I did a 55 pull and only got two large turtles so that's...not great.

Half-off story and better enhancements are great however. Do more of that Gumi. You don't need to announce everything and drag it out. Just give people nice surprises every once in a while and they will be a lot happier.

Wow this raid boss is ridiculously annoying with the defense drop on a random turn. Way to make me not bother with it. This game man..... Making it REALLY hard to give a damn any more.

Side effect of my extreme hoarding, I don't pull so I don't get to experience the awful rates and disappointment that comes with it.
Gold rates will be sightly (-1%) worse with the 3% rainbows but JP started to get way more 4* tickets before that change.

The problem with golds isn't the actual gold rate it's the banner rate of those golds.

Visceir

My current team consists of WoL/Y'shtola, Fire Veritas and 2x Ace. The thought process behind this was that if the boss debuffs spr first I could wreck it with aces and provide atk/mag buffs with Fire Veritas and if it debuffs def first I could provide chains with Aces and cap with Fire Veritas.

I guess the first turn setup is sort of neat in the sense that you can set up your own units too, be it either infusing FV's attacks with element or setting up one of those 2B skills for example.

Raid boss is easy to survive against and I can get him in one turn if he's weak to phys but wasting our time on a coin flip is a bad idea. It's faster to focus on one damage type and hope you get lucky. My initial run with two phys and one mag unit took far longer than a 3-phys team. I'll probably swap to PRO once I get sick of this in a few days.

Yea, going either all phys or all mag is prob the smart way to go about it with having WoL/cover tank soaking up dmg if you happen to get unlucky with the coin toss. Could just use A120: Repair or Noctis/Tidus' regen ability and hunker down, defending with units for those 3 turns and making them go by as fast as possible.

Enhanced Firion should be an effective finisher for this trial -- with him having 100+% killers for the boss. Just need to provide chains/imperil for him with other units.

Wow this raid boss is ridiculously annoying with the defense drop on a random turn. Way to make me not bother with it. This game man..... Making it REALLY hard to give a damn any more.

It does have patterns. Rather than whining maybe use it as a chance to play around with the game mechanics and do some team building, adapt to the situation instead of expecting to just faceroll everything.

Is the Raid boss pattern always the same or is it entirely random?

I click on him to check status and can't tell when he is weak against magic or when he is weak against physical.

Is it a situation of "attack and hope you picked the right type" kind of deal?

I'm able to kill him with my team but it's wildly inconsistent.

bonkeng

Finally found the perfect team setup that can 2TKO ELT. FV, DV, Orlandu, Fryevia, Fryevia. friend can be Fryevia or DV/Landu. FV can be replaced by enhanced Soleil as well.

1st turn: FV Damage Barrier (or Soleil Def Dance), DV, Abyss Guard, Orlandu Crush Weapon, rest block.

2nd turn: FV Inspire (or Soleil Atk Dance), rest chain. Def or Spr down won't matter.

Def down
Y0yP8pS.gif

Spr down
Xk4jHTo.gif

It does have patterns. Rather than whining maybe use it as a chance to play around with the game mechanics and do some team building, adapt to the situation instead of expecting to just faceroll everything.

There's a pattern of it not being able to be damaged by physical on turn 2 sometimes. Run it a few times and see for yourself. Turn 1 no matter what is not damageable, after that it's either magic or physical.

robotuw

I click on him to check status and can't tell when he is weak against magic or when he is weak against physical.

It's random in 2-3-turn groups after the first turn. You can tell what he's weak to because he'll have a def down or spr down debuff icon. Since his own self-debuff is way better (98%) than anything you can dish out you should avoid debuffing his defenses and confusing yourself.

Celegus

It's random. Don't break his def or spr, that way you can tell which one he does to himself to know what to use.

evangd007

Side effect of my extreme hoarding, I don't pull so I don't get to experience the awful rates and disappointment that comes with it.
Gold rates will be sightly (-1%) worse with the 3% rainbows but JP started to get way more 4* tickets before that change.

JP 4* tickets also have a 50% banner rate to GL's 25%.

Visceir

There's a pattern of it not being able to be damaged by physical on turn 2 sometimes. Run it a few times and see for yourself. Turn 1 no matter what is not damageable, after that it's either magic or physical.

The 2 patterns were posted on previous page.

Don't do def/spr break on him as it'll have little effect anyway. Check turn 2 to see if he uses spr or def break on himself.

The 2 patterns were posted on previous page.

Don't do def/spr break on him as it'll have little effect anyway. Check turn 2 to see if he uses spr or def break on himself.

And it's random which of those two patterns you get. If you're OK with a completely random turn 2 that's cool, but clearly it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Does anyone know if Japans rates of pulling crystals are shared publicly? Or is it just polled and discovered by the community?

across

Thanks everyone. It seems my first turn Armor Eraser is why I can never tell.

Per Reddit, he also counter-attacks if you break his DEF or SPR so it's not a great idea. Unsure if that's true since there's no reason to do so, but there you go.

Also depending on your access to heavy mage units, you can just bring a team that can kill him regardless on turn 2 or 3. Remember that he isn't immune to physical or anything, so your physical chainers can still build chain for a caster to close. Veritas of the Light should work well, and I'd imagine a stacked Ashe/TT/Whatever with Alterna might be able to do it on the third turn.

Azuran

Banned
I don't care how much people hate this event. Hearing Awakening will always bring back so many good memories of my time in FFXI.

Character: Vysere
Server: Asura
WHM/SCH main

/tell neogaf Final Fantasy XI is still the greatest game in the series!

I don't care how much people hate this event. Hearing Awakening will always bring back so many good memories of my time in FFXI.

WHM/SCH main

I never played either of the MMOs but I do love the music that came out of them. It's stellar.

Per Reddit, he also counter-attacks if you break his DEF or SPR so it's not a great idea. Unsure if that's true since there's no reason to do so, but there you go.

Also depending on your access to heavy mage units, you can just bring a team that can kill him regardless on turn 2 or 3. Remember that he isn't immune to physical or anything, so your physical chainers can still build chain for a caster to close. Veritas of the Light should work well, and I'd imagine a stacked Ashe/TT/Whatever with Alterna might be able to do it on the third turn.

I've only lost to him once in 10-11 tries today. Team is 2x Landu, Tilith, WoL and Rem. Rem always finishes my chains with Dagger Boomerang and her 911 MAG.

robotuw

Pro tip for 2B owners against the raid boss. That first turn is a perfect opportunity to use pod charge or avoid to set up for the next turn. Thinking about it, I wonder if he's constructed this way to better showcase Prishe's abilities which operate in a similar way.

RedZaraki

Banned
Wowee wowee WOW

8XAaQFgl.png

Flame Veritas just hit for 8 million. Against ELT raid.

Fixed Dice + 120% Soleil buff + Element and Def debuff + Full Stomp after a chain.

He has barette + maneater materia for 2 killers each of demon and human (thanks Diabolos).

This madman did that with 490 ATK on the stat screen.

robotuw

Wowee wowee WOW

Flame Veritas just hit for 8 million. Against ELT raid.

Fixed Dice + 120% Soleil buff + Element and Def debuff + Full Stomp after a chain.

He has barette + maneater materia for 2 killers each of demon and human (thanks Diabolos).

This madman did that with 490 ATK on the stat screen.

Very impressive! One of these days I should enhance Firion or DKC and build a proper physical finisher. Alterna takes so long to cast and makes it harder to time it.

Holy crap, Tetra Sylphid's trial absolutely destroyed me. The first time around was easy enough, but now I'm getting hit for 12000 damage on the first turn. Any suggestions past buff wind resistance?

If we get Noctis's JPN ver buff, does his attack animation stay the same? Point-blank Warp Strike sounds like a great chain finisher, but if it has the same multi-hit frames as the current WS that could be hard to use.

Kouriozan

If we get Noctis's JPN ver buff, does his attack animation stay the same? Point-blank Warp Strike sounds like a great chain finisher, but if it has the same multi-hit frames as the current WS that could be hard to use.
Yes it's the same, otherwise that 1050% attack would be way too good.

Xevren

Holy crap, Tetra Sylphid's trial absolutely destroyed me. The first time around was easy enough, but now I'm getting hit for 12000 damage on the first turn. Any suggestions past buff wind resistance?

She can be paralyzed, when I fought her I just used fire flask with Noctis and it was a wrap from there.

Xion86

Okay finally got an ELT team I'm happy with. Going in with Warrior of Light (Provoke/debuff), Noctis, Orlandeau, Tilith (buff and full heal), Rikku (with Pod 153 and uses LB just in case) and friend Orlandeau to chain. Two successful chain hits defeat him when he's vulnerable to physical. Each fight going smoothly now I have a pattern. It's just annoying when he resists physical, which makes the Raid fight take much longer than previous ones. I'm still not sure how to do a finisher with Divine Ruination though...

Oh, and I should really try out Soleil in my team sometime to see how I get on with her after Awakening her abilities!

Whizkid7

WHM/SCH main

ayyyyyyy

I was on Garuda, Dark Knight/Samurai. I think I stopped around the first expansion, but Shadow Lord's still my most memorable boss fight. That and the Crystal Warriors.

tuffymon

I had 2 buddies pull rainbow with those ex tickets... and here i was happy i pulled a werei with mine

mnk/nin mnk/dnc mnk/war for life man... even if they nerfed the hell out of mnk now ; ;

looking at the mats for the raven beret... we can make multiples? 5% evasion all around? >.> <.<... 10% hp dagger, and a 10% hp light armor? alright, i can dig that...

ELT boss team. Olive/WoL/Marie/Tilith/A2/friend A2.

WoL and marie make it so you can tank indefinitely if you get your cycle right. Phys all the way.

Syntsui

As interesting it is to make bosses have unusual mechanics so we can try different teams, a heavily farmable event is NOT the time to do it.

At very least they learned their lesson and this will never happen again.

ELT boss team. Olive/WoL/Marie/Tilith/A2/friend A2.

WoL and marie make it so you can tank indefinitely if you get your cycle right. Phys all the way.
I just can't figure this guy out on ELT. What's your cycle? May add Olive and Marie in but I have Soleil and dupe A2s in at the moment.

Think I need to do some more experimenting and reading up. Been traveling all day.

I just can't figure this guy out on ELT. What's your cycle? May add Olive and Marie in but I have Soleil and dupe A2s in at the moment.

Think I need to do some more experimenting and reading up. Been traveling all day.

Marie:
1st turn - lovely guard (awoken)
2nd turn - love you all (awoken)
Cycle until ELT is dead

WoL
1st turn - his arm/mag buster
2nd turn - light is with us.
3rd turn- cheer
Cycle until dead

If you are mag instead of phys, then swap cheer on WoL for Focus on Marie during third turn. You HAVE to cycle this though, because shadow lord dispels himself regularly.

tuffymon

Am I just unlucky or does he seem to choose magic much more often than phys? I seem to have a 80/20 split favoring magic.

Maybe we're both extremes, I've been getting 3/2 or 4/1 phys/magi favoring... be interesting if it was based on your team... but I doubt it'd be that convenient either

Marie:
1st turn - lovely guard (awoken)
2nd turn - love you all (awoken)
Cycle until ELT is dead

WoL
1st turn - his arm/mag buster
2nd turn - light is with us.
3rd turn- cheer
Cycle until dead

If you are mag instead of phys, then swap cheer on WoL for Focus on Marie during third turn. You HAVE to cycle this though, because shadow lord dispels himself regularly.
Thank you, this is what I was missing. Didn't realize he was cycling like that. Is there any indication on what shadow Lord is up to so to speak?

Kind of a nuts ELT this time around.

I think Minfilia helps a lot on ELT. I only have physical damage dealers, 2x2Bs with Agrias for light imperil and full break, so it's either kill him in 2 turns or last till the 4 turn debuff. Minfilia's shadowguard will last me until turn 4 pretty easily if he is in magic phase. WoL is my tank and he can survive pretty much anything from the guy throws at him with machine heart during physical phase.

wilstreak

Surviving in ELT is not hard, but it feels like mini-trial and it feels tedious to have to beat him 24 times a day. Worse, I cant use Repeat command every turn and have to micr-manage everything.

PRO is enough for now since i don't really chasing specific Moogle for TM.

pezzie

I don't have many rainbows, but the ones I do have form a solid team for this raid.

WoL
Tilith
Luneth (enhanced, ice sword)
Olive
Fryevia
Fryevia (friend)

First turn WoL arms break, Tilith buffs, Luneth advances, Olive shatter shots (for lightning imperil), Fryevia FFB (for ice imperil).

Second turn Fryevias do FFB chain, and Luneth/Olive finish. If he debuffed DEF, this turn usually kills him. If he debuffed SPR, he's usually down to 15% health and third turn hitting REPEAT kills him.

Syntsui

I think no one talked about it, but JP has color specific story events now. Farming the crysts you want is pretty straight forward and it is another thing for global players to look up to.

NomarTyme

I think no one talked about it, but JP has color specific story events now. Farming the crysts you want is pretty straight forward and it is another thing for global players to look up to.

T1-T3 is dropping pretty good, but I beat the support one 8 times already and the T4 won't drop. RNGsus.

jnWake

Diabolos stacks with Demon Killer? Or killers in general...

So far I'm farming PRO since ELT is slow but a stack like that would help tons lol.

Top Bottom