• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Amazon have their own shipping service now...and it appears to be terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averon

Waiting to see if Averon gets his/her package on time and as expected. I'm amused that he/she is complaining about something that hasn't even happened yet.

I just got my package, but the deliveryman left it at my neighbor's front porch after bothering to not ring my doorbell. Thankfully, my neighbors are honest and didn't decide to just keep my package.

MaulerX

Hi guys so is there a way to track AMZL_US packages? They usually start with TBA...

I know you can log in to Amazon and track your own packages but can you track a package that you have a tracking # for?

x3sphere

They started using this here instead of UPS and OnTrac and I haven't had any issues. Packages tend to arrive earlier too, no complaints.

It's not really a service as much as they still outsource it to other drivers and call it Amazon Logistics - at least here in the U.K.

They just cut out the other companies and freelance the drivers direct. Less a real courier service than a random selection of people with vehicles.

Sapiens

Amazon is great, until they fuck with shipping. Once in a while, UPS gets my item and I end up having to do the UPS ninja mailman dance.

It's pretty bad. One time I a a prime and non prime item being delivered and I got the non prime item 2 days before the prime one. Then my monitor I just got a little over a month ago they leave on the front porch and don't even try to put it in the enclosed side porch. I asked Amazon if I could have it banned from delivering to my house they said no sadly

spons

Gold Member
DHL in Holland for non-business customers is just someone driving around in their own car. I've never seen anything as astounding as someone's Volvo filled to the brim with packages.

They are terrible. I had 3 of 4 shipments not delivered on time last month. I did get 4 moths of prime and some credit out of it though.

Tip: After the first time they fail, start demanding Amazon credit on top of an extra month of Prime.

akileese

I think maybe it depends on where you live? I'm in the DFW metroplex and between my wife and I we've had probably two dozen packages delivered this way without incident. Hilariously, the only incident we've had was US Mail losing her package at a sorting facility.

Weevilone

USPS decided to leave 2 packages in my driveway yesterday and I could have easily ran over them, as they were right behind my car. They can't wrap their heads around the fact that someone might be home during the day, as they also won't knock or ring the doorbell if they need a signature.

Hopefully Amazons service will be better than that.

In the last few months I've probably had more late Prime packages than I'd had in the previous seven years combined. Three were Amazon Shipping, and one was OnTrac. Pretty terrible.

ZOONAMI

I bought something through ebay and it shipped through this. No way to to track it. Thankfully it did show up.

Ibuki

Banned
They attempted delivery 21 minutes after my work place closed. Amazon assured me that it wouldn't happen again, but I'm not holding my breath.

DarkestHour

Banned
Talking about Flex here? It's bad. I have people showing up in these beat up cars that leave oil puddles in my drive way. They also like to get right up in my door and look in my house. Creepy stuff.

Arol

This is Amazon's Uber way of delivery.

It's people using their own vehicles packed to the brim with packages.

Sometimes you'll see people that rent vans or otherwise.

The only good thing about their service is that the constantly late packages mean I keep getting free prime.

Pretty much this, I've gotten the rest of this year free next time I have to pay is January now. So far since their last fuck up in August they've been on time using their delivery service for 95% of my shipments.

On certain occasions I've had AMZL drivers call to ask where to set the package and that it was delivered.

Edit: Amazon lockers/Pickup Points are a neat option I've also started using depending upon the expense of the item.

I've had a lot of stuff delivered by Amazon directly and haven't had any issues with them. They've even delivered something I ordered the same day on Sunday for me. Must be a regional issue?

C.Mongler

Eh, not an issue per se, but I live in a city apartment complex where every package delivered by any of the big name shippers goes to our management office where they have a package closet for safe keeping. Not these guys though, they'll drop the package off just right on the stoop of the building. Now I live in a pretty low-crime part of the city, but there's still hundreds of folks that walk by my building every day while I'm at work. Luckily one of my neighbors has thus far (I've only lived here for a couple weeks) been bringing my packages inside, so nothing's been lost/stolen yet, but I feel like it's just a matter of time. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell there's no option to leave a 'delivery note' or anything on Amazon when checking out, so while I understand they probably just don't know what the status quo is for delivering packages, I don't really have any way to inform them.

Lenardo

Banned
I've been using amazon ...well basically since amazon formed.

i've had hundreds of items delivered to my house or work...

they have not delivered a total of 2 items on time at my house or work.

the first was a cell phone case - not delivered, called CS to complain not there, they say delivered, i said, ya sure but WHERE cuz it is not here... (UPS btw), since it was a 10 dollar item, they immediately refunded my money so i could order a new one- did, 2 days later new one arrive,,,week and a half later OLD one arrive @my house.

the second was i ordered some shocks for my car- 80 dollar purchase, said delivered, but alas not there (again UPS). said it was dropped off at the side door- alas my house, does not have a side door- it has a front door, a garage door on the side and 2 sliding glass doors @the rear,, called them, said, nope not here, CS called UPS put a tracking request to ask what address it was addressed too etc, since this was the day it happened i was quite willing to wait a day for ups to check with the driver and find out exactly where it was delivered, get it back and get it to my house, however CS immediately refunded my money while the tracking on it was still ongoing since i was such a loyal customer...got my 80bucks credit, and when i got home the next day the shocks were at my front door....

i have had no issues with amz delivery as of yet, they do occasionally deliver very early or very late in the day though (today got a package at 7:45 am)

i have my address as a "non-weekend" deliveries only business hours but they decided to ship and deliver The Bodyguard out of all the 14 movies i bought delivered yesterday(monday) on fucking sunday.

im worried because i cant find it, thank you USPS but no thank you.

btw, i noticed that the stuff shipped by AMZL_US tends to come with the boxes dented and shit

skip

A couple of months ago, I ordered a pair of Adidas soccer shoes. Sold by third-party but fulfilled by Amazon.

Obsessively kept an eye on the tracking status, as I do for everything I buy online. From work, I saw that they were "Delivered" at home. Got home, nothing. No package, no note...nothing. Waited a couple more days per the Amazon help system, then eventually got frustrated and requested a refund. Re-ordered from a different third-party and that pair arrived no problem.

A few days ago my girlfriend found a rotting package in our garden, that was casually thrown over our backyard fence. Its contents: One pair of Adidas soccer shoes.

Thank you, thread, because now I have an answer as to WTF happened.

(I live in Seattle/East Side, home of Amazon. Great job.)

friday

The quality of service is really going to vary depending on the area because they are working with a wide variety of different Independent Couriers. Some Couriers are hardworking and provide good service, but others couldn't care less. The most important factor for Amazon is getting the cheapest price possible, not really offering great service on their "free" shipments.

ty_hot

A friend bought an external hdd in Amazon Italy, they didn't bring it in the day they should, next day the delivery man calls him.... Asking if he can come meet him halfway, in a metro station to pick up the product lol

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Amazon is great, until they fuck with shipping. Once in a while, UPS gets my item and I end up having to do the UPS ninja mailman dance.

I wish they'd use UPS. Then I'd have the option to have the package held at will call

Erekiddo

Since this topic is bumped, I'll chime in about my experience.

Had a driver give me 3 packages, even though I told him repeatedly I was not the manager. (I lived in the first unit), he told me basically to figure it out.

He also seemed high as hell.

Tom Nook

Sorry for the bump.

Ordered some things from Amazon and was expecting UPS tracking (1z.......) but now the carrier is AMZL US. Tracking number TBA.......

First time encountering this, I'm I expecting a drone or a random person to drop it off?

Thank you.

vypek

Sorry for the bump.

Ordered some things from Amazon and was expecting UPS tracking (1z.......) but now the carrier is AMZL US. Tracking number TBA.......

First time encountering this, I'm I expecting a drone or a random person to drop it off?

Thank you.

I don't think the drones have entered full service for delivery. But maybe that depends where you are. AMZL always sends a person to deliver to me. I think they might be contracted but I'm not sure.

Luckily for me, they have pulled their head out of their asses and actually deliver with good timing.

Linkura

Sorry for the bump.

Thank you.

You'll likely have a guy in a creepy-looking white van that may or may not have an Amazon logo on it drop it off.

Tom Nook

I don't think the drones have entered full service for delivery. But maybe that depends where you are. AMZL always sends a person to deliver to me. I think they might be contracted but I'm not sure.

Luckily for me, they have pulled their head out of their asses and actually deliver with good timing.

You'll likely have a guy in a creepy-looking white van that may or may not have an Amazon logo on it drop it off.

Thanks. Hope there are no troubles....

Kite

Sorry for the bump.

Thank you.
lol na, someone is gonna drop it off. It's a lil similar to those food delivery services, but with your amazon packages instead of pizza.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Thy deliver on Sunday, don't they? I remember getting a package from them on a Sunday and thing "wtf?"

Hylian7

Thy deliver on Sunday, don't they? I remember getting a package from them on a Sunday and thing "wtf?"
Yes, they do.

I have honestly had nothing but good experiences with Amazon's shipping service. They always bring it to the door if I am home, unlike UPS and FedEx who just leave it in the apartment front office.

Chuckl3s

Sorry for the bump.

Thank you.

You'll get some random person in an old 80's Toyota truck. That's what I got the last time I ordered and it says AZML_US. And it was also be like 10pm at night....o_O

Talonluck

Had this service a while now. Better than ontrac and USPS for sure. I've had no problems with Amazon's own delivery service.

Tom Nook

You'll get some random person in an old 80's Toyota truck. That's what I got the last time I ordered and it says AZML_US. And it was also be like 10pm at night....o_O

oh god, I addressed the package to my workplace because I don't want them to leave the package on the front door at home. :(

my persona 5 collector's edition still says preparing for fucking shipment.

Mine was Out for Delivery>Delayed>Out for Delivery>Delayed>Out for Delivery within the span of 4 hours yesterday with an Amazon courier.

Then he called my phone and was panicking because he was 10 minutes away and said my leasing office would be closed. I told him it was open for another hour and he seemed agitated but eventually showed up with the package.

Them I found out anyone can go sign up to be a courier for Amazon. Ugh.

NandoGip

Amazon has personally delivered to me a few times. It was nice because they actually left it at the side door like requested, and also delivers late unlike FedEx/UPS/USPS in my area. They usually leave my packages in plain view on the porch, which is a risk unfortunately. I live in a nice area but I don't trust people lol

Struct09

They've been using their own carrier service for me in Seattle recently and I haven't really had any issues with them. I'm just glad they stopped using Ontrac here.

I recently have had them deliver to me for the first time and it was a horrible experience. I ordered the Persona 5 Collector's Edition in June 2016. They shipped my copy on Sunday night and on Tuesday, when it should of been delivered, it sat in an Amazon facility for an entire day. It did not move until I talked to customer service about the whole issue.

This has been the third time I have gotten a preordered game late in the last year from Amazon. I'm now actively avoiding them and just using Best Buy for preordered games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom