• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF turns modern games into PSOne-era classics!

woen

Thanks! :)

I may as well dump the rest of my PS1-esque avatars here too:

edncPiw.png
QGBv967.png
4YJv4F9.png

And lastly, an up-make(?) of Terra from FF6
MkaYXDf.png

Great job

Luigi and Oliver are amazing

batbeg

Thanks! :)

I may as well dump the rest of my PS1-esque avatars here too:

edncPiw.png
QGBv967.png
4YJv4F9.png

And lastly, an up-make(?) of Terra from FF6
MkaYXDf.png

I don't know who that middle one is. It could totally pass for Ray from Disaztuuh Day of Crisis with a little more beard though and now I want a Ray avatar.

vio

Wolfenstein New Order, and weapon and enemies would be sprites like in Doom, Duke3d, Dark Forces etc..

Celine

I'm trying to remember other open world games on PS1....not counting Spiderman since he just stayed on roofs. There were open world car games like Driver and Auto Destruct.
At the beginning Getaway which was released on PS2 was in development for PS1:

the-getaway-psx-proto-02.jpg

snagging the Luigi one if cool ? thanks !
No problem!
Great job

Luigi and Oliver are amazing
These are incredible. :O

Thanks guys!

I don't know who that middle one is. It could totally pass for Ray from Disaztuuh Day of Crisis with a little more beard though and now I want a Ray avatar.

Haha, it's Kazuma Kiryu from the Yakuza series

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Fantastic work, guys! I think the Uncharted 2 bus level is my favorite so far, it looks the most authentic, especially with the warpy textures.

Omega

Banned
some of these look way too good to be PSone classics. those graphics were terrible.

some of these are more like ps2 classics

plainr_

These two i would say are closer to PS2 level than PS1, I don't remember PS1 games looking so good, Snake barely had a face in MGS1!

Such model in PS1 days would be incredible, it's more on a low end PS2 title scale, but great job nevertheless.

I admit, I've been a bit too generous with the wall textures on the second one. :p

Cool thread idea :)

qBkdNmM.png

And, who recognizes it?

:bow

This is truly amazing.

Subbed. I love this thread. Might try and make one of my own, though it might just be limited to some cover art. I'm curious as to how some of you are making these though because many of them look fantastic!

wrowa

No, looks more like he put it into Persona 2's style. Only thing lacking is a compass and a minimap.

Only criticism of that P4 -> P2 demake is that the sprites are a bit too on the Chibi side.

P4 is a lot more anime-ish than P2, so the use of chibi-like characters definitely fits the style well.

Top Bottom