• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Lyrian

Why is no-one mentioning the equipment? >.>? That shield is amazing... a bit light on defense, but 15% spirit and attraction of attacks? WoL, Wilhelm, VoE, WKN can all use it (Charlotte and Cecil too)

Probably waiting on the numbers for the % for draw attacks.

Also, I think the gacha Ariana is going to be surprisingly good. It will have to be to induce people spend up to 25k lapis to pull her.

tuffymon

Probably waiting on the numbers for the % for draw attacks.

Also, I think the gacha Ariana is going to be surprisingly good. It will have to be to induce people spend up to 25k lapis to pull her.

even if it was just 5% draw rate, it might be enough for some, and outside of wilhelm's tm shield the next highest is 25... so 15% could beat it.

if the kit is good enough... i might go crazy and do it >.>;

Pejo

even if it was just 5% draw rate, it might be enough for some, and outside of wilhelm's tm shield the next highest is 25... so 15% could beat it.

if the kit is good enough... i might go crazy and do it >.>;

We're just 1 unit short of a possible 6/6 Ariana party.

As a fan of Final Fantasy, let that sink in.

And then make it happen.

Pejo

So it looks like the sprite info and skillset is out on Reddit for the new units, including a new Sakura.

Bard meta appears to be here, she's got the 100% buffs, though it's split from the MP/HP passive heals.

EDarkness

Damn, this weeks banner is terrible. No way I'm pulling and no way I'm doing dailies, either. Great way to save up lapis for a better banner....

Lyrian

Damn, this weeks banner is terrible. No way I'm pulling and no way I'm doing dailies, either. Great way to save up lapis for a better banner....

Black Friday/Cyber Monday in America is next weekend. Largest online shopping days of the year.

Also, for those that were around in this thread 9 months ago... what **significant** event happened in the life of the game the last time all active gachas and events in the game ended at the exact same time? (They all end at the same time when Black Friday starts.)

EDarkness

Black Friday/Cyber Monday in America is next weekend. Largest online shopping days of the year.

Also, for those that were around in this thread 9 months ago... what **significant** event happened in the life of the game the last time all active gachas and events in the game ended at the exact same time? (They all end at the same time when Black Friday starts.)

You think something massive is going down next week?

Shouta

Nothing going on in JP so nothing for me to post. Minor chitchat is discord right now. I'll go over new JP units in a full breakdown when the data is out though.

Muku

Damn. This place is a ghost town. I kinda miss the good old gaf days :(

I hear ya. :(

These days I find myself sparingly checking out GAF since it's not as busy. Mostly stay logged into Discord and chat now. But that's about it these days. Check GAF once in a while and everyday Discord.

Lyrian

So only Rainbow Units can become future 7* units? Is that how it works? Must the Rainbow Units both be maxed at 6* to merge?

For now, yes. There's always the possibility that select gold crystal units in the future may be allowed to reach 7*, but for now the official answer at this moment from Alim is"rainbows only".

No, only the one that is being ascended to 7* needs to be maxed out. The other dupe unit just gets converted into an awakening material that is used in the ascension process.

Lyrian

Now official: Rainbow rates "tripled" (lol Gumi, you sly dog leaving room for "fudging" of rates), starting on the Black Friday banner.

Official Tweet

Plus, Noctis (and Ring of Lucii) being buffed to JP levels and Blood Moon trail.

Next banners are a story event, with Roy taking the spot of the rainbow (Aura/Grom banner) and the 2nd FF15 banner (Gladio).

Player Unit Design Winner for Seoul

Pejo

Now official: Rainbow rates "tripled" (lol Gumi, you sly dog leaving room for "fudging" of rates), starting on the Black Friday banner.

Official Tweet

Plus, Noctis (and Ring of Lucii) being buffed to JP levels and Blood Moon trail.

Next banners are a story event, with Roy taking the spot of the rainbow (Aura/Grom banner) and the 2nd FF15 banner (Gladio).

Player Unit Design Winner for Seoul

I really like that player designed unit. It's pretty shady that they said "triple" the rates, but we're pretty standard at 1% for a rainbow currently, so unless they do some really underhanded stuff (which they will eventually get shit on for), we're looking at the 3% buff.

How many of you guys held on to your 10+1 tickets?

Also, yea it sucks that the community got split up. Maybe one of these days I'll try out discord.

evangd007

- Daily free summon! Yay! *pulls Bedile* Figures.

- checking in 7 10+1 tickets for use on Friday once rate up goes live. Who is with me?

- could I get a discord link?

EDarkness

I really like that player designed unit. It's pretty shady that they said "triple" the rates, but we're pretty standard at 1% for a rainbow currently, so unless they do some really underhanded stuff (which they will eventually get shit on for), we're looking at the 3% buff.

How many of you guys held on to your 10+1 tickets?

Also, yea it sucks that the community got split up. Maybe one of these days I'll try out discord.

Oh shit, I didn't click the link, but man, that player designed unit looks awesome. Are they going to let us get that character? I don't think we got the last one, did we?

Shouta

Just some quick thoughts of the 5-stars in the new DQ collaboration in JP, nothing too exhaustive.

Dragonlord:
  • 160% Magic in total now
  • Meragaia/Kafrizzle +2 is now 2600% thanks to his Lv. 120 ability.
  • Use of Ultra Magic Awakening, his cooldown skill, restores his HP/MP by 50% and increases the next Meragaia/Kafrizzle +2 damage by 900% making a +2 hit for 3500%
Basically, he keeps his position as the short-term fight version of the Emperor. That's the same balance they've had for the two for awhile now. It's a little more in Emperor's favor but it's still not too bad. If you're finishing a fight within about 4 turns or so, he'll be competitive with Emperor as your finisher. He can easily cap his magic now too so you can bolster his MP to help him nuke more.

For longer fights, Dragonlord can support your party with a bit of ailment and HP healing so he has his own little benefits if you're limited in space and still want to use a finisher in a fight.

Estark:

• Innate Dual-Wield with 170% Attack using his own TMR and a Sword
  • Self 200% Attack buff, LB fill
  • 680% chain attack with Holy Explosion/Divine Ruination frames
  • 1000% 12 Hit attack with -100% Dark Imperil and Dark Imbue (Cooldown skill)
  • 3 turn 30% damage reduction, 100% Ailment and Element resist (Cooldown Skill)
  • 30% Equipment attack
  • TMR is 50% with Sword equipped and 2 LB crystals per turn. Very good!
Estark is pretty great. Easy to cap his attack if you have his TMR and he's compatible with the various other chainers out there. His two cooldown skills provide him some uniqueness. The latter of the two is like tank tier survivability but on an attacker. Another -100% Dark imperil is great and it coming with a Imbue is even better. Definitely a strong unit overall.

King Leo:

• 140% Attack with a claw/knuckle. That's without your Trust Ability as well
  • Wide Variety of attacks neutral and elemental with Stop and Paralyze chances attached to several of them
  • 50% and 100% Provoke abilities. Self-damage reduction, Counter abilities up.
  • Cooldown skill is a -60% full break that lasts for 3 turns and is attached to a 650% attack
  • Has Ice Imbue and a -60% Ice imperil
  • Max LB is a 10 hit AOE 1800% Ice attack which means its attack can increase in damage.
  • Similar skill to Dragonlord that gives him a 50% to survive up to 3 attacks above 40% HP
  • TMR is a 120 attack claw with 15% HP.
For a free unit, he does a lot of things and us useful in several of them. He's not a huge powerhouse in attack or provoke tanking but he can do it and be OK. His LB is his most powerful attack and can do some serious damage if you max it out.

What's surprising is that he might be the first provoke tank that can max his own attack out. He has 140% with just a claw. If you equip him with 4 of Yang's TMR (40% ATK/20%DEF w/claw equipped) he caps at 300% and gains 80% defense as well. That leaves you his other equipment slots to adjust your tank stats. Kind of a first for a tank. If you absolutely need a wall of a tank, Wilhelm is probably better but King Leo would be nice if you want to provoke tank and still deal some damage.

EDarkness

King Leo seems like he could be a fun unit to mess around with. I've already gotten him to 6* cap so now just waiting to see if I can get another of him from the raid banner. I doubt I'll get any of the other units, so not bothering with that. Might end up just doing the daily from now on. I want that metal babble, though!

Muku

;_; I knew this was going to happen.

Use all my 4* tickets to try to get Metal Slime. Get x2 Hydras and rest of banner (sans 3 star). One of my 4* came down Rainbow. NO NO NO!!!! Dark Lord. I just want fucking Metal Slime. ;_;

Edit: Using tickets as I get in Raid. Used 2 more regular tickets. Last one came down Rainbow. FUCK!

Beatrix... FUCK!

evangd007

Yes, yes I did... I tried to share it, and was prompted on discord to change from her immediately >.>;

Discord crew hates fun confirmed.

- Finished season 1, finally. I was going to use the 100% moogle on DK Cecil, but that doesn't seem as great an idea as it once was. I'll save it until after I use my 10+1 tickets on Friday.

- free daily - Rainbow - Dark Fina (dupe).
On one hand, that is a surprisingly good pull from the free gacha where I usually get absolute garbage, and now I have a 7* Dark Fina... a year from now... if I'm still playing.
On the other hand, how the hell am I getting so many multiples of 5* bases when I have so few 5*s to begin with? Now I have 2x Dark Fina, 3x DK Cecil, and 2x Lightning out of 14 total.

- figured I'd try to ride the wave of good luck to a Ling on the daily banner pull - Gold! - Helena. Way to get my hopes up game.

LucaMac

Discord crew hates fun confirmed.

- Finished season 1, finally. I was going to use the 100% moogle on DK Cecil, but that doesn't seem as great an idea as it once was. I'll save it until after I use my 10+1 tickets on Friday.

- free daily - Rainbow - Dark Fina (dupe).
On one hand, that is a surprisingly good pull from the free gacha where I usually get absolute garbage, and now I have a 7* Dark Fina... a year from now... if I'm still playing.
On the other hand, how the hell am I getting so many multiples of 5* bases when I have so few 5*s to begin with? Now I have 2x Dark Fina, 3x DK Cecil, and 2x Lightning out of 14 total.

- figured I'd try to ride the wave of good luck to a Ling on the daily banner pull - Gold! - Helena. Way to get my hopes up game.

I got Dark Fina (1st) on my free daily yesterday too. My stamina has mostly been rotting the last few days...need to use my phone so can't Frep and not bothered with anything you else... Starting to only do raids when raids active. Same in Japan.

Pejo

He got Ariana, put her up as his friend unit, then was told to take her down. No fun.

Return to regular daily trash - Anzelm.

Return to trash? I never left! Yesterday - Bedile. Today - Russel (why the hell are these units not in FP gacha by now?)

Muku

He got Ariana, put her up as his friend unit, then was told to take her down. No fun.

Return to regular daily trash - Anzelm.

Must not have been in there when he put it up. I remember Addie saying he got her.

TBH though she is uber trash. Not even really a healer so... I'm not surprised Discord said to change it. (Though, you don't have to always listen, haha.)

tuffymon

Must not have been in there when he put it up. I remember Addie saying he got her.

TBH though she is uber trash. Not even really a healer so... I'm not surprised Discord said to change it. (Though, you don't have to always listen, haha.)

Addie got her later, even he was calling me trash :p I got her like 3 min after the servers came up that day

evangd007

Daily - Amelia. She's at 25% TMR without farming.

Finished off all the Golbez missions after several tries last night. Apparently the esper kill doesn't count if you kill Golbez before the shadow dragon. Needed to use some stamina potions, but I had bunch almost expired in my inbox anyway.

EDarkness

Haven't gotten anything out of the 10+1 tickets I used except Knight Delita. Oh well, I finally got Victoria, so I guess all is right with the world.

creid

Spent 2 of my 10+1 tickets, got me my first Glauca and Dark Fina. Going for D Fina's TMR is a no-brainer, right?

Muku

Well used my tickets all up, including EX on both main and alt. I wasn't going to but decided to test some stuff versus what others have been saying about it.

Alt: Ayaka (dupe) and Merc Ramza

Main: Knight Delita, Ramza, Nyx, and Dark Fina

Edit: Right before bed got another 10+1 ticket on alt. Used it and got a rainbow.... ANOTHER Ayaka. Yay. :(

EDarkness

I decided to do a 4* ticket pull last night and it came down rainbow. I was hoping for something awesome, but ended up with Lightning #2. I'm not even mad because that means I'll be able to get her to 7* when that comes around.

Whizkid7

2nd ticket on the FFXV banner went from gold to rainbow and got Gladi. Was thinking about buying one of the Black Friday bundles...suddenly feeling much less urge now. Gee I wonder why :)

Is Gladi any good, anyway? TM seems nice for a tank, HP plus decent def and spr.

Shouta

Gladio can cover tank a little bit though you'll get more mileage out of other units more specialized for it. His unique ability is that he can cover a unit of your choosing 100% and can counter either from getting hit himself or if your other characters get hit.

There aren't really any strategies that call for his style of tanking currently nor is counter tanking all that great for him right now so he's only really usable if you don't have other options. I'm hoping his enhancements or 7-star form is pretty strong though he doesn't have either in JP currently.

Shouta

I ended up picking up another Gabranth with the EX 5-star ticket in JP. I gotta wait for 7-star form of him now, lol

EDarkness

I used my 5* EX ticket in JP and got DKC. Damn, this game really hates me. At least I was able to finally get King Leo from the raid summon. Will be my first 7* unit!

Pejo

Daily free - Rakashashaka. This free pull series has not been kind to me.

I did manage to get Cor with tickets from the event itself though, so that's a net win. I hate back-to-back mog king events, really makes me not want to play the game.

Top Bottom