• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Another thing to keep in mind about GAMEPUMP, is that as a breakout service they're probably going to be hitting hard at least the first few months with some great releases. They're going to want to bring their "A game" to convince people that signing up for a year's worth of service is worthwhile to new customers and to give good examples of the types of releases we can expect.

If they release a bunch of garbage, the service will probably fall apart pretty quickly.

we already know the first game is either a wiiware port or a mobile port though
and then I remember WOK posting a tweet that alluded to pumping and it seemed of the same ilk.

Wok

and then I remember WOK posting a tweet that alluded to pumping and it seemed of the same ilk.

Zgah0pX.png

I have all of the Humble AC Bundle except Assassin's Creed (the first game), Brotherhood, and that DLC for AC III

might do the PWYW for AC1 but that's it

Kudo

I said that I was gonna pass on it because of only being on ps4 and people are upset at me. Not my fault Sony sucks balls at offering good deals on digital items.

But you also said you own PS4 so... not much sense, and I don't think anyone is upset at you in the thread, if I'm reading the right thread.

Phawx

AssCreed Unity for Xbox One is $2 on CDkeys.

If Vivendi does do hostile takeover stuff, it would be swell if they evaluated uPlay/Steam and then made the right decision

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Personally I'm okay with dead console ports and even mobile ports (as long as F2P titles are updated to not need microtransactions ala Bloons TD5 or Kingdom Rush). Most people I think are worried we'll get straight ROM dumps like Motorhead that are just presented with a PC wrapper with no added features.

Obviously everyone has their own expectations. For me personally, the extent of their releases modernization will play a huge factor as to whether or not I would consider resubscribing at full price this time next year. If they add cloud saves, Steam achievements, etc to their releases and put some actual effort into them, I'll be happy.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I too thought GAMEPUMP was a joke... I like the concept, but sucks that we don't know what any of the games will be. Hard for me to make a choice about subscribing that way...

There's no way I would have subscribed blind at $60. Actually, at $5 a game there's basically no way I would have subscribed no matter what it is because I'd have gotten keys cheaper later instead of having them day one. At $1.25 a game, though, I feel it unlikely I'll get burned either in terms of game quality or in terms of resale value if I decide to flip them.

But you also said you own PS4 so... not much sense, and I don't think anyone is upset at you in the thread, if I'm reading the right thread.
Idk, I'm a bit tired since I'm back at school but it does suck. I don't get good psn deals because I don't use ps+. I just prefer playing on PC.
That's so not true.
Well someone sure is dropping the ball. The only great prices I see are on Games that bomb terribly.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
i thought gamepump was only old games tho?

i'm confused

It's not limited to old games entirely. From GAMEPUMP's main page:

This includes bringing classic console exclusives to the PC for the first time ever by partnering with the premiere indie developers. In addition, some games are developed exclusively for GAMEPUMP as spiritual successors to your favorite game franchises of the past.

Vamphuntr

fuck atlus

Why are you angry? They've never done any PC releases at this point outside of the shoddy western stuff they publish. They don't seem to want to and they've been pretty upfront in the past they are not doing any. Business as usual. Unless Sega steps in I don't think you'll change much.

Ozium

Personally I'm okay with dead console ports and even mobile ports (as long as F2P titles are updated to not need microtransactions ala Bloons TD5 or Kingdom Rush). Most people I think are worried we'll get straight ROM dumps like Motorhead that are just presented with a PC wrapper with no added features.

Obviously everyone has their own expectations. For me personally, the extent of their releases modernization will play a huge factor as to whether or not I would consider resubscribing at full price this time next year. If they add cloud saves, Steam achievements, etc to their releases and put some actual effort into them, I'll be happy.

I just want James Pond remasters

Why are you angry? They've never done any PC releases at this point outside of the shoddy western stuff they publish. They don't seem to want to and they've been pretty upfront in the past they are not doing any. Business as usual. Unless Sega steps in I don't think you'll change much.

I'm not angry, I just said to fuck 'em in a calm and casual tone. Why are you calling ACE team games "shoddy western stuff" :(

JCG

This is the year where I spend as little money on games as physically possible so Humble is off to a great start

Well, they can't always pick something truly "humble" or obscure. I hope those who are new to that property will take advantage of it, even though there's little of interest for me.

Kudo

Idk, I'm a bit tired since I'm back at school but it does suck. I don't get good psn deals because I don't use ps+. I just prefer playing on PC.

Well someone sure is dropping the ball. The only great prices I see are on Games that bomb terribly.

US/EU gets great digital deals on PSN during main seasons, I do agree that release date prices are over the top though, 69e for digital pre-order? I can get physical limited edition for that.

yuraya

Humble starting the year with a nice touch. Sure it could have been a much better bundle but its still a lot better than having no bundles at all for weeks. But yea no BF and Unity in 15$ is kind of disappointing. The 1$ tier is still really good.

With AssCreed bundle now out of the way we can move on to that Call of Duty humble bundle. Bring it Activision.

US/EU gets great digital deals on PSN during main seasons, I do agree that release date prices are over the top though, 69e for digital pre-order? I can get physical limited edition for that.
It really depends. I didn't buy a single item on PSN because the plus discount is dumb and not worth the subscription to me. I also only buy digitally because PC has spoiled me with convenience, unless a physical copy is cheap as dirt.

Well, either way, not a huge loss. I'd have bought it if I could get it for cheap but now I'll probably not bother for a long while.

A sequel to a game that bombed coming out at least 14 years later on a system that might bomb and will be released on all of the other systems a year later.

And people are pretending to be upset about this.

Hopefully Ubi will port the HD version of the first over to PC when it releases.

Phawx

If they add cloud saves, Steam achievements, etc to their releases and put some actual effort into them, I'll be happy.

Yea, I would prefer games to be actually factually compiled for PC but I can see the allure of just using an emulator and calling it a day for GAMEPUMP.

We shall see soon enough.

As a quick aside and much ado about nothing, I'm pretty stoked as I'm going to the Nintendo Switch event in NYC in two weeks. I know it's not Steam related but you fine folk are most of the gaming people I talk with and I am positively amped.

Nillansan

The thing about that Atlus thread is that some people seem happy that its not coming out on any other plattform.

That shouldn't come as a surprise, people here get straight up stomach cramps when a beloved, previously console exclusive title is suddenly released on PC.

Another thing to keep in mind about GAMEPUMP, is that as a breakout service they're probably going to be hitting hard at least the first few months with some great releases. They're going to want to bring their "A game" to convince people that signing up for a year's worth of service is worthwhile to new customers and to give good examples of the types of releases we can expect.

If they release a bunch of garbage, the service will probably fall apart pretty quickly.

The rumored LIT doesn't sound like it's "hitting hard with their A game" (assuming it's the WiiWare/iOS game I'm looking at)

That new humble bundle or the AC series is pretty much the definition of meh.

I also don't get the anger over Persona.Wasn't ever tite so far playstation exclusive?

Monooboe

Yea, I would prefer games to be actually factually compiled for PC but I can see the allure of just using an emulator and calling it a day for GAMEPUMP.

We shall see soon enough.

As a quick aside and much ado about nothing, I'm pretty stoked as I'm going to the Nintendo Switch event in NYC in two weeks. I know it's not Steam related but you fine folk are most of the gaming people I talk with and I am positively amped.

I do hope you keep us updated from the event!:D Honestly I am pretty interested in the Switch and might even consider getting it if the price is right. Now if it only was possible to somehow boot it into a somekind of nvidia shield mode where one could play ones steam games on it.

AHA-Lambda

That's actually not a bad bundle I think, and there are a few games I'm missing from it.

Then I think do i want to spend ~£12 on a lot of AC games? =/

The thing about that Atlus thread is that some people seem happy that its not coming out on any other plattform.

People love when a game is exclusive so they can add it to their checklist of games to gloat about when system wars happen.

Person 1: "Yo, Yakuza is back!."

Person 2: "Great, The yakuza series was never really popular in the US so im glad now they are trying again on the PS4. I hope it can come to other platforms as well so it can have more exposure and cultivate a bigger fanbase and wont fade into obscurity again."

Person 1: "LOL What? Nah man Im happy its exclusive to PS4, it wouldnt do well anywhere else. Why dont you buy a PS4 instead of Port-Begging."

Person 2: "But I have a PS4, it would just be great if the game could gro..."

Person 1: "Blah Blah Blah don't be mad that Sony has a killer lineup and is killing it this generation"

Heck when Steam started getting JRPGs, people were sick to their stomachs that a company was putting their games on a different system. Fanboyism is a really weird thing.

Cels

That new humble bundle or the AC series is pretty much the definition of meh.

I also don't get the anger over Persona.Wasn't ever tite so far playstation exclusive?

spinoffs have been on 3ds (Q) and 360 (p4a)

but yea for persona 5, i don't get it either. did they hint at it being on pc or something?

People love when a game is exclusive so they can add it to their checklist of games to gloat about when system wars happen.

Person 1: "Yo, Yakuza is back!."

Person 2: "Great, The yakuza series was never really popular in the US so im glad now they are trying again on the PS4. I hope it can come to other platforms as well so it can have more exposure and cultivate a bigger fanbase and wont fade into obscurity again."

Person 1: "LOL What? Nah man Im happy its exclusive to PS4, it wouldnt do well anywhere else. Why dont you buy a PS4 instead of Port-Begging."

Person 2: "But I have a PS4, it would just be great if the game could gro..."

Person 1: "Blah Blah Blah don't be mad that Sony has a killer lineup and is killing it this generation"

Heck when Steam started getting JRPGs, people were sick to their stomachs that a company was putting their games on a different system. Fanboyism is a really weird thing.

I remember the Danganronpa thread where people got mad its coming to PC and "PC-Gamers wouldnt appreciate the series"....
And "Why isnt it on PS4???"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom