• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| A Link from the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyS

Just saw this.

BestFrequentHyracotherium.gif

This game is insane lol

LMAO.

Best youtube video I've seen this year.

Funny story. I spent an hour trying to catch that damn thing early on. I had to learn how to make a stamina-extending meal just to have enough to get her. I take her back to the stable, and since I figure this'll be my main horse for awhile, I spend some time brainstorming with my fiancé on a really good kick-ass name.
We ultimately named her Nora, as a BTAS reference, because we're dorks.

Immediately after all of this, I decide to checkout the Faron region and try to activate that tower. I ride her over there, start climbing the tower, and a lightning storm starts. I don't take much note of it, aside from the fact that I need to unequip some metal shit, and I proceed up the tower. I get the tower done, and glide back down. But, to my surprise, she's gone. Can't find her anywhere. I look around for a few seconds, until I see something white in the nearby river. I run over to investigate, and Nora's lifeless body is floating down the river, still have no idea what happened.

Omg!!! That's so sad. You just might be able to revive her at some point ;)

Did you find the
giant horse?
I named that one Ganon. Now I have a legendary trio of Epona, Percy and Ganon.

Omg!!! That's so sad. You just might be able to revive her at some point ;)

Did you find the
giant horse?
I named that one Ganon. Now I have a legendary trio of Epona, Percy and Ganon.

Not yet!
Is he in the desert? That and Death Mountain are the two major areas I haven't touched yet.

I haven't searched this thread because I still haven't beaten the game, but I have two questions:

1) I still haven't found everything on the list of ability controls. After probably close to 100 hours. I have : Scope, Shield Surf, Charged Attacks, ???, Backflip, Side Hop, Perfect Guard and ???. I actually searched on google for this but I can't seem to find a proper list of these.

2) The god damn
mystical blue stag? horse? on Satori Mountain.
I saw the light one night and went to investigate, but stupid me I decided to
shoot him with arrows because I figured he'd drop a lot of rupees, just like the little rabbits. But then he ran off, reappeared for a second, I tried to sneak up on him to mount him but he vanished as the sun started to rise.
Then I spent about 6-7 nights camping out waiting for that light to reappear but it never has yet. Anyone know when this happens? I'm pretty sure I went through a whole lunar cycle looking for it.

Man fuck those guys when you don't have weapons that can one shot them. They're way too fast and the strategy of getting in front of them to avoid their laser doesn't work

I don't know if this is common knowledge but if you have a good enough claymore or guardian weapon you can
sever their legs with just 1-2 hits.
You can distract them with a normal arrow shot to the eye and then run up to do it.

McNum

Went exploring in Hyrule Castle on a whim. Lesson learned, don't do that on a whim.

Still, managed to get one important thing done while I was there,
Zelda's Study Memory found and collected
, but it was clear that unless I'm planning on ending things, I should probably steer clear of that area for a while. Next up on the main quest would be visiting the Gerudo and finding the final memory. It's looking desert-ish, so... Gerudo area, I bet.

Also, a quick sidequest question. I need to find a Goron whose name ends in "-son". Goron City or somewhere else?

Fledz

Man fuck those guys when you don't have weapons that can one shot them. They're way too fast and the strategy of getting in front of them to avoid their laser doesn't work

I've just got proficient at
deflecting their beams with my shield. Never will I waste another arrow again.

Parapraxis

Does anybody know why 1 diamond = 500 rupees

10 shimmering stones can be traded for 1 diamond

1 shimmering stone = 70 rupees

10 shimmering stones = 700 rupees

Why would you ever trade 10 SS for 1 diamond?

Pejo

Would you walk into a club and order VIP service with a million pennies or a pocket full of hundo's? C'mon!

Yea it's a ripoff, but you need diamonds specifically for certain things and this is the easiest way to get them.

MajorMane

Also, a quick sidequest question. I need to find a Goron whose name ends in "-son". Goron City or somewhere else?

(Hint)
Hudson says he needs someone strong. Mining takes a lot of strength...

(Actual location)
check out the Southern Mine area set along the path to Goron City. About midway up the mountain. He's one of the Goron mining rocks.

Parapraxis

Would you walk into a club and order VIP service with a million pennies or a pocket full of hundo's? C'mon!

Yea it's a ripoff, but you need diamonds specifically for certain things and this is the easiest way to get them.

Sheikah slate related :
I have the sensor+ + picture for rare minerals option, so I'll do that most likely :)

This game has a strange lack of Link to the Past (and by proxy, Between Worlds) and Majora's Mask references.

Ocarina and Wind Waker are EVERYWHERE, with some nods to Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword thrown in. But Majora's Mask and Link to the Past don't really get anything...

Couldn't even get a spooky Aghanim woods or something...

I'd consider Link to the Past to be a core game in the series. It's one of what I would consider the four pillars of major games in the series (Zelda, Link to the Past, Ocarina and Breath of the Wild).

This game has a strange lack of Link to the Past (and by proxy, Between Worlds) and Majora's Mask references.

Ocarina and Wind Waker are EVERYWHERE, with some nods to Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword thrown in. But Majora's Mask and Link to the Past don't really get anything...

You clearly haven't been to Lanayru.

Do some places always rain? I'm trying to climb some mountains but it's been raining for like one full game day.

There's one specific spot in the game that initially does. It's tied to main story stuff and will resolve once you do the main story stuff in that area.

Deku Tree

You can easily shoot the octopus guardians in the eye with an arrow and it stuns them for a good moment. Not sure why more people don't realize this.

Parry timing can be hard and you get punished badly for messing it up.

Shooting a guardian in the eye with an arrow is easy. I have noticed that the hit box for the eye is very forgiving.

Once you start shooting the guardians in the eye and then chopping off their legs they become pretty easy to take out.

Because to repair Mipha's weapon 40 meters behind that dude you need a diamond. You might find diamonds hard to come by if you keep breaking the weapon.

Anteo

You can easily shoot the octopus guardians in the eye with an arrow and it stuns them for a good moment. Not sure why more people don't realize this.

Parry timing can be hard and you get punished badly for messing it up.

Shooting a guardian in the eye with an arrow is easy. I have noticed that the hit box for the eye is very forgiving.

Once you start shooting the guardians in the eye and then chopping off their legs they become pretty easy to take out.

Parry timing is easy. When the laser is about to fire you hear a loud beep. React to that beep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom