• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Skilletor

New thread!
11wkempy

Really happy about that title too.

Why does this CvS sprite on the SF2 background trigger me so much?

Naarmight

I suggest you go on with OTVIIIIIIII until people are satisfied with SFV.

Surely the next one will be OTVV

Edit to be more on topic, I spent a bit of time trying to get back in the game, which was going okay, until I face a Guile, is it just me or is Guile Mikas worst MU? I have no idea what to do in it.

For all the issues SF5 has, jab AAs are whatever.
Meh, I really think Jabs should get stuffed. It's pretty stupid IMO. Game should make you use AA moves for AA, I don't understand why the hurtbox on Jabs aren't fixed yet. No one should be jabbing you out of the air. Already annoying enough everyone is mashing jab on wakeup.

Season 3 plz...I can't take Necali's nonsense anymore.

Meh, I really think Jabs should get stuffed. It's pretty stupid IMO. Game should make you use AA moves for AA, I don't understand why the hurtbox on Jabs aren't fixed yet. No one should be jabbing you out of the air. Already annoying enough everyone is mashing jab on wakeup.

Season 3 plz...I can't take Necali's nonsense anymore.

Apparently the issue with jab AA's isn't because of their hit/hurtbox but because of jump ins having too large of a hurtbox extending downwards.

I read it on James Chen's twitter

I do agree that Necalli should be removed from the game tho

Trickster

is the EX version where akuma throws down a fireball from the air crush counterable? Kept missing it, but it might just be my timing since I've hardly any experience against him

brian!

Not on the way down only at startup. On the way down his recovery is quick when landing so the timing is tight if you want to hit a combo, a lot of the time i just hit em on the way down because id rather get a hit in than have it be blocked when landing

I believe you only have a 5f window to get a crush counter on EX Air Fireball so it's not worth trying. You're just going to eat the fireball.

mbpm1

Yeah not worth the efforts. You'll have a tough enough time just reacting to the move itself in a match

Apparently the issue with jab AA's isn't because of their hit/hurtbox but because of jump ins having too large of a hurtbox extending downwards.

Its honestly this. If you look at say Alex's jab, its hitbox isn't really that high in the air. Then take a look at Akuma's jump MK and you can see how much space there is between the hurtbox and active hitbox.

Marvel

could never
I've been practicing my cLP as my go-to AA if I'm too close for the cHP. But it isn't as easy as it looks.

Oh, so too much work for Capcom to fix quickly I guess. Another prayer for Season 3. It just needs to be gone lol. Getting hit by a necalli jab after I crossed him up was just too much. It was like an auto-correct DP.

Capcom plz...

Oh, so too much work for Capcom to fix quickly I guess. Another prayer for Season 3. It just needs to be gone lol. Getting hit by a necalli jab after I crossed him up was just too much. It was like an auto-correct DP.

Capcom plz...

Yea I can't see Capcom fixing this by S3 lol.

I'd rather they just give every character a decent AA jab instead of just a select few.

Pompadour

Yea I can't see Capcom fixing this by S3 lol.

I'd rather they just give every character a decent AA jab instead of just a select few.

AA jabs are a plague. No one should have them, except maybe Abigail because it makes sense visually.

Everyone needs a medium AA and some need a heavy AA that puts opponents into a juggle state. Jumping in is too high reward/low risk.

AA jabs are a plague. No one should have them, except maybe Abigail because it makes sense visually.

Everyone needs a medium AA and some need a heavy AA that puts opponents into a juggle state. Jumping in is too high reward/low risk.

Yea it's really ass backwards right now. Hopefully it gets fixed.

Would be good for everyone to have better damage off of AAs so you wouldn't want to use jab. Akuma and Urien can get big damage off an AA but some characters get like 80.

Yeah but it doesn't autocorrect plus it only hits at stupid angles.

More normals should be like that though. A force field that you know you won't be able to penetrate.

Now we just have these slower AA's that may or may not work and if they don't work you lose instantly.

People are calling Abby the best character in the game on Twitter.

Like, I think he's good. Like really good. But some people are high on these combo videos tbh.

Edit: I was really hoping for Zeku to be Garuda. That would have been so cool :(

Blueblur1

I remember when people were thinking this guy would be a new character.

Good times.

Yep, and Menat was obviously one of the dolls. Zeku was Garuda.

lol.

Those were weird days. I hope Capcom (a) never does an all-new character season again and (b) reveals a couple DLC characters at a time like NRS just did with IJ2.

If they're going to keep asking for money upfront I'd like to know what to partially expect.

Skilletor

Like, I think he's good. Like really good. But some people are high on these combo videos tbh.

Edit: I was really hoping for Zeku to be Garuda. That would have been so cool :(

Man...he's scary af. I think it's pretty perfect. lol. If I can control him with Akuma, then yay. But I have to do that for an entire round because if he gets a single hit, it's GG.

This is probably old news but I just noticed. Why are my battle lounge BGM setting always changing back to 'Opponent's Character', after I choose 'Stage'? Did they forget to make it save your choice?

Man...he's scary af. I think it's pretty perfect. lol. If I can control him with Akuma, then yay. But I have to do that for an entire round because if he gets a single hit, it's GG.

Akuma's are my bane, actually! Once they realize I can't do much on wakeup they just go to work. Though airfireballs are a blowup and Akumas should stop relying on them every jump in against me

Abigail came out a lot more interesting than Ed for sure.

Ed was a big disappointment tbh

All of his fun shit is with his v-trigger. He's alright but man I just wanna toss out those p.balls.

Ditto, but at least we have EX Lair!

Gonna support that game so hard.

Pompadour

Abigail came out a lot more interesting than Ed for sure.

Ed was a big disappointment tbh

Yeah, he feels like an unfinished character. I don't mind easy inputs but not at the expense of special move strengths.

If you count every variation of a special move, Ed has something like 10 (counting follow-ups as separate moves) where Ryu has 12 (4+4+4). My guess is the only person with fewer special moves is Guile.

LakeEarth

Broken record, but if Ed had one special that connected from max range c.mk, he'd be 100x better. The all whiff though.

Marvel

could never
Both Ed and Red Hood were DLC characters this year that fell flat a little for me. Didn't match my excitement when I finally sat down with them.

Pompadour

All of his fun shit is with his v-trigger. He's alright but man I just wanna toss out those p.balls.

They really should be a standard move or something, like Flickering Psycho Shot upgrades it to Psycho Stream.

I just really wanted his V-Trigger to be summoning Psycho Dad as his stand.

mbpm1

Danke from best of v thought Abigail was the worst character in the game lol

Like really

Top Bottom