• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake Pass, and how a bad home menu icon drags down my enjoyment of a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/909812365566398464

DKBNhFjX0AAmhGH.jpg

Steamworld Dig 2's icon is also pretty shitty.

Nintendo Life did that on purpose, didn't they?

The fact that I had to jump out of Safari, look at my app screen and and verify that there is text beneath each app should tell you how little I actually use the text, relying solely on the textless tile visual.

Nice try turning a blunder into a point in your favor, you should get into politics :D. The fact that you don't remember there's text below the icons only tells me you absorb that information subconsciously.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Must be the title.

They never catch the irony that they are complaining about something petty when complaining about complaining about something petty.
Yup. We're complaining about a design element from a game we bought. They are complaining about a forum thread.

And yet we're the insane ones.

A lot of posts complaining about people complaining.

Also seems like some here are upset that this "pointless" thread got some attention and actually got things changed.

I don't have a Switch, but when I do I will silently thank this thread for making some positive changes. Some of these "minimalist" icons go to minimal.

Lichtspeer and Bulbboy have both been updated with new icons!

Was getting ready to make a post about this.

Devs are listening, as they should, as the community is providing them with constructive feedback. Props to Neiteio and folks on Reddit for bringing this to light. It's perfectly fine to give developers constructive criticism. This is the result of that.

Though it's kind of funny that just about every dev is listening....except Sumo Digital.

Neiteio

Was getting ready to make a post about this.

Devs are listening, as they should, as the community is providing them with constructive feedback. Props to Neiteio and folks on Reddit for bringing this to light. It's perfectly fine to give developers constructive criticism. This is the result of that.

Though it's kind of funny that just about every dev is listening....except Sumo Digital.
Yeah, now a half-dozen or more devs have fixed their icons, but Snake Pass remains in its sad state. It's especially frustrating since the game's original icon was perfect.

I hope Sumo Digital isn't the sole holdout because of petty spite for us fans providing feedback. Maybe it's just an issue with bureaucracy, red tape, etc.

Brunire

Yeah, now a half-dozen or more devs have fixed their icons, but Snake Pass remains in its sad state. It's especially frustrating since the game's original icon was perfect.

I hope Sumo Digital isn't the sole holdout because of petty spite for us fans providing feedback. Maybe it's just an issue with bureaucracy, red tape, etc.

Since they have to pay to patch their game they might be wary of submitting one just for the icon.

At this point, I think Sump Digital should patch their icon to look worse. That would be hilarious.

I'm envisioning a wonderful April Fools prank next year, where a bunch of Nindies get to together and push updates that make all of their Switch icons look hideous for one day.

Neiteio

Somebody should make a new thread complaining about how bad Neiteio's clusterfuck of an avatar is, just to knock him down a few pegs. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
I'll have you know that bloom-addled Carbink-cuddling Quint with a Luigi hat, Wonderful 101 mask and Cranky beard under a Chuck. E. Cheese's animatronic head with Doomguy in the corner is the best avatar -- the best!!

lionpants

Wow... that Dig 2 icon may be the winner so far.

Grabbed it from the store this morning and was immediately disappointed by the icon.

Come on Devs... you can do better.

I'm surprised Nintendo doesn't have some design standards/policies that they have to follow.

Wozman23

I'll have you know that bloom-addled Carbink-cuddling Quint with a Luigi hat, Wonderful 101 mask and Cranky beard under a Chuck. E. Cheese's animatronic head with Doomguy in the corner is the best avatar -- the best!!

ANUs20g.png

I'd have added whatever a "Quint" is, but you've got so much going on that I don't even know what a "Quint" is from.

Neiteio

ANUs20g.png

I'd have added whatever a "Quint" is, but you've got so much going on that I don't even know what a "Quint" is from.
This is amazing, haha. Thank you for this!

And Quint is a RE Revelations character. You don't see him because he's under Chuck E. Cheese. But he's the one who says "That would be tits." :)

Wozman23

This is amazing, haha. Thank you for this!

And Quint is a RE Revelations character. You don't see him because he's under Chuck E. Cheese. But he's the one who says "That would be tits." :)

Ah. I tried Googling both "Quint" and "That would be tits" but I was afraid to search too long for fear that they'd go down unproductive avenues, for completely different reasons.

New and Improved: With More Quint!
DkMeJ7z.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom