• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Crimsonlink
(01-28-2017, 09:10 PM)

Originally Posted by TheAquaticApe

Gold Rank 1! This game is great.

Edit: Right after I went into casual and lost to a guy Ranked KoG. Of course!

Edit2: Wow! Conscription just clutched a match for me. I had no monsters on the field. Opponenet had two. Used it and drew his BEWD. I finished the match draining his LP with his own card. Felt great.

Reminds me of when I got a opponent's Suijin and they disconnected lol.

Also AI stop being so retarded. I don't care if my trap master destroys one of my own traps. I need to block that fucking monster direct attack you dumb ass.
KingdomHeartsFan
(01-29-2017, 12:06 AM)
Just got a challenge that says win a duel assessment of at least 3500, anyone know what that means?
Dandy Crocodile
(01-29-2017, 12:10 AM)

Originally Posted by KingdomHeartsFan

Just got a challenge that says win a duel assessment of at least 3500, anyone know what that means?

Your duel assessment is what gives you chests after each duel. Every 1000 points gives an additional chest.
Get 3500 score. :)
KingdomHeartsFan
(01-29-2017, 12:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Dandy Crocodile

Your duel assessment is what gives you chests after each duel. Every 1000 points gives an additional chest.
Get 3500 score. :)

Oh can't believe I didn't think of that, thanks.
ZeroWil
(01-29-2017, 08:31 AM)
Started today and having a blast. I REALLY hope they add more Fiend and Zombie monster cards since I need my boys Fiend of Darkness and Archfiend of Gilfer by my side once again.
Crimsonlink
(01-29-2017, 09:19 AM)
Never trusting auto duel again. God the throws the cpu does, how infuriating!!!

They really need to be much more generous with gems. Like 100 gem reward per duel.

300 vs Legendary duelists. I want cards Konami, not icons and orbs.

Also the drops on level 30 duelist cards are pretty bad. Nothing higher than R. :(
wanders
(01-29-2017, 09:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Crimsonlink

Never trusting auto duel again. God the throws the cpu does, how infuriating!!!

They really need to be much more generous with gems. Like 100 gem reward per duel.

300 vs Legendary duelists. I want cards Konami, not icons and orbs.

Also the drops on level 30 duelist cards are pretty bad. Nothing higher than R. :(

No one would buy boosters if it's 100 gems per duel....
Xliskin
(01-29-2017, 12:25 PM)
Is this game have a story mode ? if so how long and how good is the AI ?
Skyo
(01-29-2017, 02:06 PM)
yeah auto duels get much tougher when the AI is level 27. +they use the stray lambs and dont tribute set. cost me so many games
TheAquaticApe
(01-29-2017, 02:25 PM)
Just pulled UR Hane Hane. Yay.
Thud
(01-29-2017, 02:34 PM)

Originally Posted by TheAquaticApe

Just pulled UR Hane Hane. Yay.

Nice.
Dandy Crocodile
(01-29-2017, 03:30 PM)
Congrats!
The URs I pull are all more situational stuff like Levia Dragon Daedalus and Blue Eyes Ultimate. :(
Chase17
(01-29-2017, 03:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Xliskin

Is this game have a story mode ? if so how long and how good is the AI ?

There is not really a story, but the game gives you missions to complete. I'm at a point where the AI is still pretty push over. Not sure if that changes.
Thud
(01-29-2017, 03:39 PM)
I pulled Michizure, Fusion Gate, Sonic Bird and Automonous Action Unit.

Pretty happy with the first one.
Syntsui
(01-29-2017, 03:46 PM)
So, the last update really fucked the Cerberus farming deck, huh? Pretty much everyone have multiple ways to counter that right now, be it with magic/trap cards or effect on monsters.

How can we farm 100% reliably now?

Edit: The game doesn't let me login, so I suppose Pegasus event is back? LOL

This is just embarrassing, they must have no idea what they are doing. How can the one and only event the game ever had pretty much break it, eveb after several attempts of implementing it?
cHinzo
(01-29-2017, 04:05 PM)

Congrats!
The URs I pull are all more situational stuff like Levia Dragon Daedalus and Blue Eyes Ultimate. :(

How can u be sad with Daedalus. That shit is a tier 1 deck.
Dandy Crocodile
(01-29-2017, 04:28 PM)

Originally Posted by cHinzo

How can u be sad with Daedalus. That shit is a tier 1 deck.

Until I get Mako its not as good as a raw power 7+ monster like blue eyes.
Once I have Mako I can go full water deck craziness. :)
gryvan
(01-29-2017, 09:09 PM)
Ugh finally hit platinum rank...annoying as hell to reach..

Now to try to reach kog rank
TheAquaticApe
(01-29-2017, 09:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Thud

Nice.

Congrats!

Yeah, it was a nice surprise!

Originally Posted by gryvan

Ugh finally hit platinum rank...annoying as hell to reach..

Now to try to reach kog rank

I'm still battling my way in Gold Rank 1. It's damn tough. I'm not sure I can get much further without some luck and better cards.
Jeffrey
(01-29-2017, 10:04 PM)
They had an ad for this before the movie lol.
Crimsonlink
(01-29-2017, 10:14 PM)

Originally Posted by wanders

No one would buy boosters if it's 100 gems per duel....

Ok maybe 100 gems is too much but at least 10 per duel would be nice.

Hit Silver 3 so on my way up. Its hard when you get dead draws. 20 cards and drawing a total of 5 cards means 20% of your deck starts in your hand and it can range from all spells and traps which has happened to me a couple times.
Vincent Alexander
(01-29-2017, 11:13 PM)
I love me some Yugioh, but kriminy, I'm bad at building decks.
MasterMongoose
(01-29-2017, 11:17 PM)
I feel like whenever I play the Vagabond I always get the worst possible hands from my deck. It'll be all the spells in my deck at once, or otherwise no summonable monsters.

Also the people randomly whipping Thousand Dragon out left and right is annoying in auto duel haha... it's just pure luck and you spend the whole duel sitting on a way to counter it just in case.
Kouriozan
(01-29-2017, 11:28 PM)
The Pegasus event is taking too long to come, I'm already losing interest in the game, hope it'll be there before it's too late and I switch to Fire Emblem Heroes as my 2nd Gacha game.
Vincent Alexander
(01-30-2017, 01:06 AM)
Dumb question, but what is a "Normal" monster? I've used spells before that require I have one/use one, and the spell fails and I waste it when I'm like 99% certain I have a Normal monster.
Silent_Ocarina
(01-30-2017, 01:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Vincent Alexander

Dumb question, but what is a "Normal" monster? I've used spells before that require I have one/use one, and the spell fails and I waste it when I'm like 99% certain I have a Normal monster.

Any Monster that has no Effect. They have yellow backgrounds.
ForkNetwork
Banned
(01-30-2017, 01:11 AM)
Which are the ranks? Is Gold Rank good? im currently Gold 1
Gabriel_Logan
(01-30-2017, 02:51 AM)

Originally Posted by ForkNetwork

pretty good. I'm having trouble getting out of Silver.
RedFyn
(01-30-2017, 09:25 AM)
This maintenance info message is a joke. OK, you're staggering log ins but not, at least visually, putting me in a que. How am I supposed to know when it's my turn?

This is after getting unlinked because of some server issue. I'd really like to know what they're struggling with and why.

Edit: This was after the scheduled maintenance/500 gems. I got in eventually but the message they had was just bad and unhelpful.
Smooth Operator
(01-30-2017, 09:43 AM)
They gave everyone 500 gems and 50 duel orbs for all the issues.

I'm cool with that.
sohois
(01-30-2017, 09:47 AM)
Another 500 gems.

Immediately spent it on Ultimate Rising to try and get Sphere Kuriboh. Got Sonic Bird and nothing else.

I already have all the SRs from the pack, plus Hane Hane, Axe Raider and Summoner of Illusions. Just waiting on that damm Sphere
Phoenixus
(01-30-2017, 09:52 AM)
Hope they put out some new theme packs soon, tired of getting repeats.
RadioHeadAche
(01-30-2017, 10:07 AM)
I was just playing online ranked, had knocked out a good amount of life points from opponent, and I had blue eyes on the field. Then they go, set a card down and it takes forever. Suddenly, it says I lost the duel.
How?!
Thud
(01-30-2017, 01:47 PM)
Those 500 gems weren't wasted. I pulled Hane Hane, Twister and two hunter with 7 swords.
daydream
Banned
(01-30-2017, 02:00 PM)
851-474-850

currently mission lvl 14 and enjoying this way more than expected. add me!
TheAquaticApe
(01-30-2017, 04:07 PM)
It's always nice to wake up to 500 free Gems!

I pulled Mirror Wall on my 10th pack! I then got Kaiba up to 29 and pulled Yomi Ship.

I am A-OK with server maintenance.

I am a bit frustrated that the card traders inventory is changing. I really want Big Shield Gardna. I doubt I'll have enough extra UR to trade next time it's up.

Edit: I also crawled in to Gold Rank 2 this weekend. I keep working between 2 different decks. My main deck, a Kaiba PP deck with 24 cards, and my Kaiba PP with 20 cards. I can't decide which I like more. There's always that one duel where one card you think wouldn't shine actually does.
gryvan
(01-30-2017, 04:19 PM)

Originally Posted by ForkNetwork

It goes from silver-> gold -> platinum -> king of games
Ally of Justice
(01-30-2017, 04:39 PM)
Back when I started playing the TCG, I used a Clown Deck which used Battle Position cards to abuse the effects of Dream Clown and Crass Clown, although it was powercreeped (or well, everything became too fast for it to be efective) later, I still remember it as my first Deck, and I just noticed that most cards that I used are available in the game! I'm sure this slower format will let it live again!

I also got my second Sphere Kuriboh with the 500 gems, although I'm not that excited about that.
El_Chino
(01-30-2017, 08:34 PM)

Originally Posted by sohois

Another 500 gems.

Immediately spent it on Ultimate Rising to try and get Sphere Kuriboh. Got Sonic Bird and nothing else.

I already have all the SRs from the pack, plus Hane Hane, Axe Raider and Summoner of Illusions. Just waiting on that damm Sphere

When do the new cards come out?
sibarraz
Banned
(01-31-2017, 02:59 PM)
Seems like this game is a mega hit for konami
TheAquaticApe
(01-31-2017, 03:40 PM)
I hit Plat 1 last night. I went on a really good win streak. I was only beaten by a 1 turn Bandit Keith who busted out Karate Man and loaded him up so he could attack my LP directly twice. I wasn't even upset.

I actually wish the game had better sayings/calls rather than taunts. I'd love to be able to say "GG" or "Well Played" win or loose.
sibarraz
Banned
(01-31-2017, 04:37 PM)
good started decks?

Which edition should I buy?
TheAquaticApe
(01-31-2017, 08:17 PM)
Bah. Went into Plat 1 during lunch and got worked 3 times in a row by Asian players. Dropped down to Gold 5 and then had to battle my way back up. I'm so hungry for KoG rank.

Originally Posted by sibarraz

good started decks?

Which edition should I buy?

Ultimate Rising has a lot of good general cards. I started with these until I got the URs like Hane Hane, Sphere Kuriboh, etc... Age of Discovery is great for a water deck. Neo-Impact has a mix, but also Mirror Wall.
DarkLinkage
(01-31-2017, 08:20 PM)
Mirror Wall is absolutely OP. I use it mostly as a one turn card and not pay the 2000 LP, just to destroy one of their strong monsters.

Honestly I think it should be forbidden, considering how many times I have won off the back of it. It's like Michizure except your monster stays on the field.
Dark Ninja
(01-31-2017, 08:23 PM)
Damn im starting to get to the point where getting gems is becoming more difficult. I don't know what I would have done without all the gems they have been giving away.
Crimsonlink
(01-31-2017, 09:54 PM)
I got Kaiser Sea Horse from one of the packs so I'm very happy. Also fixed up my deck. Now silver rank 2.

This one guy was super crazy, had 3 conscription which actually worked lol.
Tobe
(02-01-2017, 01:07 AM)
im trying to do a spellcaster/gravekeeper deck, man the good cards are hard to come by.
Skyo
(02-01-2017, 01:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Tobe

im trying to do a spellcaster/gravekeeper deck, man the good cards are hard to come by.

yeah, would love to recreate my gravekeepers and fairy decks that I have. Dont think you can get necrovalley yet though so..pretty weak. loving my water deck with umi :D winning those games
Escargo
(02-01-2017, 01:26 AM)
Are there any strong ritual decks? Especially with the new card that was released?
Kitoro
(02-01-2017, 02:16 AM)
I've been doing nothing since day one aside from daily logins, and am sitting at 5000 gems.

What's my best course of action when I'm ready to start playing? I've been trying to wait for a new series to add to the shop to splurge on, so I could be the newer, cooler kid on the block, but maybe that series will suck, so I figure I'd reach out for recommendations.

Thanks!