• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Banjo-Kazooie
Banned
(09-20-2017, 05:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Spasm

After spending a whopping $5 on Star Wars Battlefront 1, I hope there'd be, at very least, a 1080p patch for the X.

Lol good luck. They want you to upgrade to the $60 product not play their 2 year old $5 one
Space_nut
Member
(09-20-2017, 06:27 PM)
Space_nut's Avatar

Originally Posted by jbug617

Yas!!!!!
Colbert
Member
(09-20-2017, 07:18 PM)
Colbert's Avatar
Albert Penello explains Xbox Enhanced and the difference to 4K and HDR badges

https://youtu.be/A46H07thfek
c0de
next time I babble on about sales parity, just quote my tag back at me thx friend
(09-20-2017, 07:43 PM)
c0de's Avatar
According to Panello they are now at 130 enhanced titles.
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbo...-enhanced-list
DAHGAMING
Junior Member
(09-20-2017, 07:47 PM)
DAHGAMING's Avatar
Still no Doom on the Majors list, what do we think the deal with its disapearance ? Im wondering if they was having issues keeping it 60fps with the enhancements, although id be surprised as it runs so well on lower end hardwear.
socksfelloff
Member
(09-20-2017, 07:50 PM)
socksfelloff's Avatar

Originally Posted by DAHGAMING

Still no Doom on the Majors list, what do we think the deal with its disapearance ? Im wondering if they was having issues keeping it 60fps with the enhancements, although id be surprised as it runs so well on lower end hardwear.


I could be talking out of my ass here but I wouldn't be surprised if the DOOM team is focusing on the switch port at the moment. I think, right now, they really want to push the full priced, portable, version of DOOM before they push the $20 version.
matrixman92
Member
(09-20-2017, 07:58 PM)
matrixman92's Avatar
i wonder when they were going to actually announce that CoD is x enhanced? at launch? lol
black070
Member
(09-20-2017, 08:08 PM)
black070's Avatar

Originally Posted by matrixman92

i wonder when they were going to actually announce that CoD is x enhanced? at launch? lol

Games that Microsoft had marketing deals with last year e.g. Battlefield 1, FIFA 17 etc just had their Pro patches randomly drop, the latter was especially unceremonious with people having to wait for tech analysis' to know what exactly the patches entailed - I'd imagine the same to occur with games that Sony now has marketing deals with.
Last edited by black070; 09-20-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Inuteu
Junior Member
(09-20-2017, 08:26 PM)
Inuteu's Avatar
what about the older games, like AC Unity?

it would look great in 4K or in PC-like quality
DAHGAMING
Junior Member
(09-20-2017, 08:56 PM)
DAHGAMING's Avatar

Originally Posted by socksfelloff

I could be talking out of my ass here but I wouldn't be surprised if the DOOM team is focusing on the switch port at the moment. I think, right now, they really want to push the full priced, portable, version of DOOM before they push the $20 version.


Good point, probably true sadly. Hope we get it at some point though.
Lorul2
Member
(09-21-2017, 02:16 AM)

Originally Posted by jbug617

I'm surprised this isn't a bigger news story. I wonder which "Mainstream GAMING Media" outlet will run with the story first.

OMG XBOX ONE X Call of Duty: WWII is 4K what will Sony Do! Yada Yada Yada!
RoKKeR
Member
(09-21-2017, 01:44 PM)
RoKKeR's Avatar
Any BF1 news?
ResidentDante
Member
(09-21-2017, 01:51 PM)
ResidentDante's Avatar
Nobody has the WW2 trademark. So just run huge generic advertisement posters with:

WW2 - now in 4K on Xbox One X

Never referring to Call of Duty or the actual game.
leeh
Member
(09-21-2017, 01:54 PM)
leeh's Avatar

Originally Posted by MosquitoSmasher

Hold on, Battlefront 2 is 1080p on Pro and 4K (not yet confirmed native) in 4K on X?

That is quite the difference then, wow. Jez Corden did say BF1 was going to be native 4K on Scorpio a few months ago. So maybe it really is native then.

I don't believe that BFII will be 4K on the 1X, I just seriously can't see that happening. 4K CBR I could believe.
FairyEmpire
Junior Member
(09-21-2017, 01:54 PM)
FairyEmpire's Avatar

Originally Posted by ResidentDante

Nobody has the WW2 trademark. So just run huge generic advertisement posters with:

WW2 - now in 4K on Xbox One X

Never referring to Call of Duty or the actual game.

Worked well with Destiny.
Severianb
Junior Member
(09-21-2017, 02:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Colbert

Albert Penello explains Xbox Enhanced and the difference to 4K and HDR badges

https://youtu.be/A46H07thfek

The only new thing I learned from that is we will be able to sort for X1X Enhanced in the store and games list. Which is actually really nice.
badflame
Banned
(09-21-2017, 04:35 PM)
Anyone knows exactly the Skyrim SE enhancements?
Syrus
Member
(09-21-2017, 04:37 PM)
Syrus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Severianb

The only new thing I learned from that is we will be able to sort for X1X Enhanced in the store and games list. Which is actually really nice.


Hell yeah good. Id love to seperate as time goes on
ReplacementPelican
Member
(09-21-2017, 04:37 PM)
ReplacementPelican's Avatar
Do we know which games are ‘day one’ support?
joshwaan
Member
(09-21-2017, 09:39 PM)
joshwaan's Avatar
Would Golf Club 2 get patch this it runs at 720p and need 16x AF bad?
jbug617
Member
(09-21-2017, 10:44 PM)
jbug617's Avatar
Doom is back on the list
Hawk269
Member
(09-22-2017, 03:40 AM)
Hawk269's Avatar

Originally Posted by joshwaan

Would Golf Club 2 get patch this it runs at 720p and need 16x AF bad?

That is the only way I will buy it..unless it goes on sale at a ridiculous low price.
Klocker
(09-22-2017, 03:53 AM)
Klocker's Avatar

Originally Posted by joshwaan

Would Golf Club 2 get patch this it runs at 720p and need 16x AF bad?

god I would hope so, wait GC2 runs at 720? thought that was GC1 and 2 ran at 900 on xbox?

at least the AF will automatically help as well as eliminating tearing, but hope they enhance to higher res
Hexer06
Member
(09-22-2017, 05:25 AM)
Hexer06's Avatar

Originally Posted by jbug617

Doom is back on the list

DOOM!!!

Also, the link to the enhanced games on the first page of this thread didn't work for me. Had to go here to see the new "Xbox One X Enhanced Games List" page:
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbo...-enhanced-list
FZW
Member
(09-22-2017, 07:15 AM)
FZW's Avatar

Originally Posted by Severianb

The only new thing I learned from that is we will be able to sort for X1X Enhanced in the store and games list. Which is actually really nice.

Not really new, if you're in the Dashboard Alpha program the option is already there. For weeks now.
nekkid
It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
(09-22-2017, 07:22 AM)
nekkid's Avatar

Originally Posted by FairyEmpire

Worked well with Destiny.

Oh man, that upset so many people lol.
black070
Member
(09-22-2017, 07:24 AM)
black070's Avatar

Originally Posted by jbug617

Doom is back on the list

Sweet, hope this means a Pro patch is on the cards too.

Originally Posted by badflame

Anyone knows exactly the Skyrim SE enhancements?

I don't think exact details have been revealed, but it already runs at native 4K on the Pro, so it can only go up from there on the X.
MosquitoSmasher
Member
(09-22-2017, 09:20 AM)
MosquitoSmasher's Avatar
Maybe it's my own fault but i thought it was going to be a given that all the games that received patches on Pro would be made for X as well. I would love to see Alien Isolation patched for example and i believe it got one on Pro?

I guess patches can still be announced and made for already released games even after the launch of the X but i'm not yet getting my hopes up on that. Also...not SW Battlefront? Definitely gutted about most likely not getting a Mass Effect patch, a goddamn shame because it really doesn't look too hot on Xbox One right now. And yeah.....most of them all...Watch_Dogs 2.

Originally Posted by black070

Sweet, hope this means a Pro patch is on the cards too.



I don't think exact details have been revealed, but it already runs at native 4K on the Pro, so it can only go up from there on the X.

I guess it's possible it'll just be a copy of the Pro patch, so Native 4K and that's it, or maybe they have added extra effects. Can't see them implementing 60fps here. But Fallout 4 and Skyrim at Native 4K should be pretty sweet to begin with and with extra stuff.....hey i am all for it! Still need to finish Far Harbor and start with Nukatown.
Last edited by MosquitoSmasher; 09-22-2017 at 09:24 AM.
DAHGAMING
Junior Member
(09-22-2017, 06:42 PM)
DAHGAMING's Avatar

Originally Posted by jbug617

Doom is back on the list


Yess cant wait to replay this.
FN-2187
Member
(09-22-2017, 07:21 PM)
FN-2187's Avatar
It looks like a few games were added to the official list in addition to DOOM. I don't recall NHL 18 and NBA Live 18 being on there before.
Klocker
(09-22-2017, 07:42 PM)
Klocker's Avatar

Originally Posted by FN-2187

It looks like a few games were added to the official list in addition to DOOM. I don't recall NHL 18 and NBA Live 18 being on there before.

sweet!
Double Donut
Banned
(09-22-2017, 07:50 PM)
Is there still no official confirmation that Destiny 2 will be getting an X patch? I mean I know it’s pretty much all but confirmed since they said they’re “evaluating it” at E3 but still... I just want to hear a real confirmation already.
Colbert
Member
(09-22-2017, 07:56 PM)
Colbert's Avatar

Originally Posted by Double Donut

Is there still no official confirmation that Destiny 2 will be getting an X patch? I mean I know it’s pretty much all but confirmed since they said they’re “evaluating it” at E3 but still... I just want to hear a real confirmation already.

A MS/Xbox team visited Bungie recently. Guess what they talked about ...
AfterTheFall
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:04 PM)
AfterTheFall's Avatar
Shame there's no Overwatch on the list. It's the game I play the most on my Xbox One.
Jrs3000
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:11 PM)
Jrs3000's Avatar

Originally Posted by AfterTheFall

Shame there's no Overwatch on the list. It's the game I play the most on my Xbox One.

Yes, it could use it. I notice the softness from not being native and AA not great.
dreamcastfan
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:15 PM)
dreamcastfan's Avatar
Sorry Ive been out of the loop lately... Is Forza 7 On xbox1x simply 4k with the same trackside detail as xbox 1 or will there be extra foliage, trees, etc?
VoodooProject
Junior Member
(09-22-2017, 08:16 PM)
VoodooProject's Avatar

Originally Posted by dreamcastfan

Sorry Ive been out of the loop lately... Is Forza 7 On xbox1x simply 4k with the same trackside detail as xbox 1 or will there be extra foliage, trees, etc?

Comparable to PC Ultra settings
Nick
Junior Member
(09-22-2017, 08:27 PM)
Nick's Avatar
I would blow everyone at Insomniac for a Sunset Overdrive 4K update.
Double Donut
Banned
(09-22-2017, 08:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Colbert

A MS/Xbox team visited Bungie recently. Guess what they talked about ...

Yoooo what! Source? Not that I don’t believe you, I just haven’t seen anything about that.
Theorry
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:39 PM)
Theorry's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colbert

A MS/Xbox team visited Bungie recently. Guess what they talked about ...

Bit late for that would you say?
FinKL
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:49 PM)
FinKL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colbert

A MS/Xbox team visited Bungie recently. Guess what they talked about ...

Cross save?

Enlighten us
Colbert
Member
(09-22-2017, 08:49 PM)
Colbert's Avatar

Originally Posted by Double Donut

Yoooo what! Source? Not that I don’t believe you, I just haven’t seen anything about that.

It's always good to have some sort of confirmation from the twitter account of the now Chief Gaming Officer at MS.



Originally Posted by Theorry

Bit late for that would you say?

Enough time considering how easy it seems to be to port over from Xbox One. Also, do you remember last time MS did the same by sending some engineers to bring the game from 900p to 1080p in a very short time frame with the first game? Worked out well too.

Originally Posted by FinKL

Cross save?

Enlighten us

This I don't know. But you can safely assume they talked about Xbox One X Enhanced support!
Last edited by Colbert; 09-22-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Stinkles
Clothed, sober, cooperative
(09-22-2017, 09:01 PM)
Stinkles's Avatar
Smelling my own farts but I'm kind of impatient for 4K Halo 5 at my house. It's fun to play at work but I know my own TV way better and want to see how it looks there.
Syriel
Member
(09-22-2017, 09:03 PM)
Syriel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

Smelling my own farts but I'm kind of impatient for 4K Halo 5 at my house. It's fun to play at work but I know my own TV way better and want to see how it looks there.

You can't check out a test kit for the weekend?
Colbert
Member
(09-22-2017, 09:11 PM)
Colbert's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

Smelling my own farts but I'm kind of impatient for 4K Halo 5 at my house. It's fun to play at work but I know my own TV way better and want to see how it looks there.

Your TV is?
Severianb
Junior Member
(09-22-2017, 09:18 PM)

Originally Posted by FZW

Not really new, if you're in the Dashboard Alpha program the option is already there. For weeks now.

Come on. Really?

It's new for 99.9% of users who are not in the Alpha program.

Pedantic much?
LukasTaves
Member
(09-22-2017, 09:21 PM)
LukasTaves's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colbert

A MS/Xbox team visited Bungie recently. Guess what they talked about ...

How they could find a loophole in the contract and bring the cut content day one on Xbox?
JaggedSac
Member
(09-22-2017, 09:22 PM)
JaggedSac's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

Smelling my own farts but I'm kind of impatient for 4K Halo 5 at my house. It's fun to play at work but I know my own TV way better and want to see how it looks there.

Sweet.
Colbert
Member
(09-22-2017, 09:26 PM)
Colbert's Avatar

Originally Posted by LukasTaves

How they could find a loophole in the contract and bring the cut content day one on Xbox?

They did?
MosquitoSmasher
Member
(09-22-2017, 09:26 PM)
MosquitoSmasher's Avatar
Hoping that Halo 5 patch is ready for launch. MCC isn't getting a 4K patch is it?

The Destiny 2 stuff is nothing to shocking really. Obviously it was gonna get improved for One X. Would be insane if not. However we don't know if they will improve it over how it looks and performs on Pro.

Thread Tools