• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Izuna
(07-21-2017, 02:46 PM)

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

So they're selling Doom 3 BFG at my Wal-Mart for 13 bucks. They're also selling Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition at that price but it's sold out atm.

Anyone here recommend Doom 3 BFG? It comes with a poster and Doom 1 and 2.

If you have never played the game, sure.
Chitown B
(07-21-2017, 05:58 PM)
Blur will come. Someday. .......
Gestault
(07-21-2017, 06:01 PM)

So they're selling Doom 3 BFG at my Wal-Mart for 13 bucks. They're also selling Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition at that price but it's sold out atm.

I'd recommend it. Doom 3 is cool, though I think weirdly enough the more "simplistic" level design from the Lost Episode they included in BFG is more fun for the average player who's coming to them the first time. It's built almost closer to the original Doom's discrete level setup, instead of trying to flesh out a unified "world" like in regular 3.

The Doom 1 & 2 are great too because they have up to four player split-screen campaign co-op, if that's something that might be useful for you.
Novocaine
(07-21-2017, 06:06 PM)

I like Doom 3 but it's a flawed game. Worth playing through once I'd say.

The original games though those are some good fucking games everyone should own
Oemenia
(07-22-2017, 05:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Toni Codrea

Sorry if this might have been answered, but does the BC emulation improve resolution too, or just frame rate?

I've certainly noticed IQ being being better on upscaled games, especially on ones that used FXAA. Far Cry 3 upscaled to 1080p almost looks crystal clear and the rock-solid 30 FPS with no tearing almost makes a rerelease not needed.

Anyway lets hope One X adds AA/upressing, could really help a number of games.
Last edited by Oemenia; 07-22-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Hawk269
(07-22-2017, 05:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Oemenia

I've certainly noticed IQ being being better on upscaled games, especially on ones that used FXAA. Far Cry 3 upscaled to 1080p almost looks crystal clear and the rock-solid 30 FPS with no tearing almost makes a rerelease not needed.

Anyway lets hope One X adds AA/upressing, could really help a number of games.

You know I was thinking about this last night. I was playing BC Forza Horizon and though that if they allowed a 4k update, without changing anything other than the resolution, how much cleaner the game would look.

I would think that MS would want to take a handful of 360 games and pay to have the devs go back and do a resolution patch, test it etc and release the patch upon the X1X release. I am not suggesting this for all games, but if they took about 12 games and just did a resolution bump how much better would these games look, but also give people buying a X1X or thinking about buying one more reason to want to upgrade.
arhra
(07-22-2017, 11:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Hawk269

You know I was thinking about this last night. I was playing BC Forza Horizon and though that if they allowed a 4k update, without changing anything other than the resolution, how much cleaner the game would look.

I would think that MS would want to take a handful of 360 games and pay to have the devs go back and do a resolution patch, test it etc and release the patch upon the X1X release. I am not suggesting this for all games, but if they took about 12 games and just did a resolution bump how much better would these games look, but also give people buying a X1X or thinking about buying one more reason to want to upgrade.

Resolution upgrades should be doable in the emulator, without any dev input. Sony's PS2-on-PS4 games run at 4x the original rendering resolution (~1280x960), and most* community-developed emulators for 3d systems are capable of increasing internal rendering resolution way beyond what the original systems used (*exceptions generally being the ones focused on accuracy above all else, which obviously aim to match the original systems in every respect, including resolution).

MS seem to have figured something out for OG Xbox games on XB1 BC (we saw Fuzion Frenzy briefly at E3 on one of the daily shows, and it was definitely running at something higher than 480p), so I'd like to hope they can do something similar with 360 games using the extra power of the X.

I'm not sure about full 4k (that would be a 9x increase in pixels rendered over running at 720p on the One/S), but the X was basically designed to run games at 4x the resolution compared to the base hardware, and that would put 720p BC titles at 1440p, which would still look pretty good on a 4k TV (especially ones with good IQ, like Forza Horizon), and even sub-native games would get a good bump (BlOps 2 would go up to 1760x1440, for example, and Alan Wake would be bumped to native 1080p).
peppers
(07-23-2017, 04:09 AM)
It'd be a m a z i n g to play RDR at 1440p and a locked 30fps among other last gen classics. I would buy this day one no bs.
RoninChaos
(07-23-2017, 04:25 AM)
Did we get ninja garden yet or takes of vesperia?
Correctomundo
(07-23-2017, 05:37 AM)

Originally Posted by RoninChaos

ninja garden

I'd play this.
Oemenia
(07-23-2017, 09:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Hawk269

AFAIK it also applies AA depending on the load, switching between MSAA and FXAA so I wouldn't be surprised if the IQ is improved a lot by that too on One.
MAX PAYMENT
(07-23-2017, 09:28 AM)
Is splinter cell blacklist playable yet?

How do the mass effect games hold up?
meirl
(07-23-2017, 09:29 AM)

Originally Posted by MAX PAYMENT

How do the mass effect games hold up?

do you have EA ACCESS? All x360 titles are included in ea access
MAX PAYMENT
(07-23-2017, 09:29 AM)

Originally Posted by meirl

do you have EA ACCESS? All x360 titles are included in ea access

I dont.
Nick
(07-23-2017, 10:34 AM)
Why can Phil Fish just say yes to FEZ? I know he quit the industry and all, but jeez.
EmiPrime
(07-23-2017, 10:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Nick

Why can Phil Fish just say yes to FEZ? I know he quit the industry and all, but jeez.

He put out Super Hypercube last year and how do you know he said no?
Novocaine
(07-23-2017, 12:47 PM)
I thought Polytron got bought out by someone? Maybe I'm crazy. Either way it would be nice to have Fez available.
CadaveriaIX
(07-23-2017, 01:09 PM)
Still hoping for Lollipop Chainsaw, though the music license for that game has me worried :(
Black Republican
water to wine
the drink exchanger
(07-23-2017, 09:17 PM)
finished replaying the Classic Dead Space 1&2 games and just started the 3rd,

ugh, so far it isnt a bad game but i dont like i change making it more "actionary".

will keep playing though just to complete the trilogy
dreamcastmaster
PayPal bishoptl for tags
(07-25-2017, 03:07 PM)
Ninja Gaiden II today?
Izuna
(07-25-2017, 03:09 PM)
I hope I am home in time for Ninja Gaiden II
The Pet of the Month
(07-25-2017, 03:12 PM)
I am itching for some movie-game tie ins.

Peter Jackson's King Kong, please!

Heck, I'll take the King fu Panda game, too!
RiggityRice
(07-25-2017, 03:20 PM)

Originally Posted by CadaveriaIX

Still hoping for Lollipop Chainsaw, though the music license for that game has me worried :(

At work can't check but I think that's already BC or am I thinking of killer is dead? One of those two, maybe both?
Blam
(07-25-2017, 03:20 PM)

Originally Posted by dreamcastmaster

Ninja Gaiden II today?

only can dream for it to happen
Keinning
(07-25-2017, 03:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Izuna

I hope I am home in time for Ninja Gaiden II

not even our grandchildren will be in time for ninja gaiden II
Springy
(07-25-2017, 03:24 PM)
I'm just going to put Blacklist in my Bone now to save myself time later.
jrmanimal
(07-25-2017, 03:28 PM)

Originally Posted by RiggityRice

At work can't check but I think that's already BC or am I thinking of killer is dead? One of those two, maybe both?

Killer is Dead is, but Lollipop Chainsaw isn't.
Gestault
(07-25-2017, 03:30 PM)

Originally Posted by The Pet of the Month

I am itching for some movie-game tie ins.

Peter Jackson's King Kong, please!

Heck, I'll take the King fu Panda game, too!

Filed under "posts inherently structured for disappointment."
Enter The 36 Chambers
(07-25-2017, 03:30 PM)
Ninja Gaiden II baby

It's coming

Otherwise I'm gonna look really stupid
MilkyJoe
(07-25-2017, 03:31 PM)

I'd check on the DOOM 1 & 2 bit, last i checked they didnt come with the DOOM 3 download.
The Pet of the Month
(07-25-2017, 03:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Gestault

Filed under "posts inherently structured for disappointment."

More of a possibility than Ninja Gaiden 2, I say ;-)
rmatheso
(07-25-2017, 03:35 PM)
Damnation.
Springy
(07-25-2017, 03:40 PM)

Originally Posted by MilkyJoe

I'd check on the DOOM 1 & 2 bit, last i checked they didnt come with the DOOM 3 download.

You sure? I only have BFG Edition on disc and don't own the XBLA versions of Doom 1 and 2, and they installed with the Doom 3 disc.
Chitown B
(07-25-2017, 03:41 PM)
come on Deadly Premonition and Blur.....

Seriously though once I move soon I will not be setting up the 360, so I do hope my final favorites get ported someday. Till then, I'll just have to wait.
Zeta Oni
(07-25-2017, 03:43 PM)
Max Payne 3
Z.O.E. HD
Puzzle Fighter

Been asking for these since the program started, hopefully we get one today.
LewieP
(07-25-2017, 03:54 PM)
I just reviewed the games I own digitally, here's the ones that are not currently BC that I'd like to be:

After Burner Climax (presumably never going to happen since it was delisted),
Crackdown (presumably will happen at some point),
Bionic Commando: Rearmed,
Child of Eden,
Crysis 2,
Dead Rising 2 (would be nice but fairly redundant, since there is a native Xbox One version),
Dust: An Elysian Tail (never actually played this),
Fez,
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (presumably never going to happen since it was delisted),
Resident Evil 4 (would be nice but fairly redundant, since there is a native Xbox One version),
Rez HD (not too concerned about this since I have it on PS4 now, I wonder if that version will ever hit Xbox One),
Rockstar Table Tennis.

I'm pretty impressed that the bulk of my digital 360 library is available. I got rid of my 360 + games on disc a few years ago, but the selection has grown at a solid rate.
calavera_jo
(07-25-2017, 03:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Springy

You sure? I only have BFG Edition on disc and don't own the XBLA versions of Doom 1 and 2, and they installed with the Doom 3 disc.

Doom 1 and 2 come with the Doom 3 BFG Edition
Springy
(07-25-2017, 03:58 PM)

Originally Posted by calavera_jo

Doom 1 and 2 come with the Doom 3 BFG Edition

Right, which is what AlexFlame116 is looking to buy, but MilkyJoe questioned Doom 1 and 2 would be included when used via BC.

I'm saying that they are.
The Pet of the Month
(07-25-2017, 04:00 PM)
Is Fez good? I wanted to try it, but the creator's comments sort of turned me off from the game.
calavera_jo
(07-25-2017, 04:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Springy

Right, which is what AlexFlame116 is looking to buy, but MilkyJoe questioned Doom 1 and 2 would be included when used via BC.

I'm saying that they are.

I know, and I'm supporting your claim :)
Shil Pencer
(07-25-2017, 04:03 PM)

Is Fez good? I wanted to try it, but the creator's comments sort of turned me off from the game.

Fez was amazing to me and i think Phil Fish is a little crazy but i think the internet is crazier and i dont blame his outbursts
shawnoftheshred
(07-25-2017, 04:03 PM)
Bayonetta and Red Faction Armaggedon coming to GWG
mclem
(07-25-2017, 04:04 PM)

I really liked it, but it's sort of two games in one. The game you *think* you're playing from the outset is a fairly mundane platformer with a nice gimmick to it. The other game is a surprisingly in-depth puzzle game, but it won't be apparent at first; it's not uncommon to complete the game without really registering it.

The platformer is nice, but not what made me fall in love with it.
Rodolfo Brito
(07-25-2017, 04:04 PM)

I was kinda on the same page until I got the game on PSN Plus about two years ago and the game itself changed my mind. I still think Phil Fish is an awful person, but this game is really great. At least the part that I could play (It wasn't my PS4, neither I have one actually).

I hope this game get to the GwG someday.
muzzymate
(07-25-2017, 04:06 PM)
https://majornelson.com/2017/07/25/x...or-august-2017

Looks like Red Faction: Armageddon will be added to backwards compatibility before August 1st
The Pet of the Month
(07-25-2017, 04:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Shil Pencer

Fez was amazing to me and i think Phil Fish is a little crazy but i think the internet is crazier and i dont blame his outbursts

Originally Posted by mclem

I really liked it, but it's sort of two games in one. The game you *think* you're playing from the outset is a fairly mundane platformer with a nice gimmick to it. The other game is a surprisingly in-depth puzzle game, but it won't be apparent at first; it's not uncommon to complete the game without really registering it.

The platformer is nice, but not what made me fall in love with it.

Originally Posted by Rodolfo Brito

I was kinda on the same page until I got the game on PSN Plus about two years ago and the game itself changed my mind. I still think Phil Fish is an awful person, but this game is really great. At least the part that I could play (It wasn't my PS4, neither I have one actually).

I hope this game get to the GwG someday.

Thanks y'all, I'll pick it up when it comes over to BC. I gotta say, one man games always impress me and I was looking forward to Fez. I just wish he kept his opinions to himself.
TheKeyPit
(07-25-2017, 04:20 PM)
Bayonetta via GWG? I'll take it.
LewieP
(07-25-2017, 04:25 PM)
That's the wrong Red Faction game.
Keinning
(07-25-2017, 04:31 PM)
let's see, most of my collection is already bc, lemme check what isnt

army of two: TDC
batman arkham city
battlestations: pacific
brothers
child of light (but i have the x1 version)
crysis 3
f1 2013 (eh dont care)
fh2 fast & furious (is this even a game)
fable anniversary (wtf microsoft)
game of thrones episode 1 (it was free - meh dont care)
happy wars (what)
kingdoms of amalur: reckoning (my impossible dream)
LA noire
lego harry potter y5-7 (want it)
life is strange (meh)
mafia II
some magic games
mgs ground zeroes (have the gwg x1 version)
both metro games (have x1 versions as well)
murdered soul suspect (x1 too)
mx vs atv live (dont care)
re revelations 2
red faction guerilla
sniper elite v2
soul calibur V
spartacus legends (lol)
tales from the borderlands (kinda wanted but will never happen)
terraria (x1 version)
the raven
both walking dead
wolf among us
tales of something
thi4f (rot in hell)
tomb raider
trivial pursuit
world of tanks
Top Spin
Virtua Tennis 4

Just give me LA Noire, Lego and SCV and i'll be happy
dreamcastmaster
PayPal bishoptl for tags
(07-25-2017, 04:48 PM)
Roughly 140 of my digital games are backwards compatible, that's just around 1/2 of the games I own for 360. On pure numbers that looks good but when you drill down so many of those games are arcade games I'm not really interested in playing and it's missing so many best/must have 360 titles people do want to play that hold up even today.