• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any fans of Arsène Lupin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bz9YlKl.jpg

(no. this is not a Lupin the 3rd thread)

So anyone here a fan of the character/series of novels by Maurice Leblanc? The novels were extremely popular when I was growing up in East Asia (HK/Taiwan/Japan) during the 90s, and I'm sure I don't need to list all of the anime/manga inspirations based on the character.

Sadly, the series is relatively unknown in the US, and you can't even find a translated copy without traveling to some university's antique books library.

I blame the Sherlock Holmes fans. Even though Lupin books are more adventure stories with detective elements.

moris

I read a few when I was young. I know I at least read "Arsène Lupin, gentleman-cambrioleur" and "L'aiguille creuse".
I really like Detective/Mystery novel I shall get back into reading all of the series now. Thanks OP!

Also I would recommend you to read Gaston Leroux's "Le mystère de la chambre jaune" and the following sequels if you like it enough and if you haven't already read it of course. It's mostly solving a locked room murder if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom