• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Maybe it's all on the inside. LOL
jLeilqE.gif

My brothers been getting into Gundam recently after watching IBO. Since 00 is on Crunchyroll now he's been watching it. He liked the first season, but after every few episodes of the second he comes and laughs with me about how stupid everything is. Mr Bushido is a topic that gets brought up a lot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My brothers been getting into Gundam recently after watching IBO. Since 00 is on Crunchyroll now he's been watching it. He liked the first season, but after every few episodes of the second he comes and laughs with me about how stupid everything is. Mr Bushido is a topic that gets brought up a lot.

O4Xf5VF.gif
This is how I feel when I think about 00 Season 2.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hell no. 00 S2 is better than Age only because it is shorter, they're both the worst of Gundam. Destiny shits upon both of them from on high for at least being entertainingly bad.

The only good thing to come from season 2 is the fake movie at the beginning of Awakening of the Trailblazer.

Luigi87

For any Wing fans out there, I'm currently modeling Wing Zero right now in Zbrush
zFy5zn9.jpg

Still pretty rough right now, but retopology is next.

This is awesome. I've never really understood dynamesh (or Zspheres), so seeing it done for hard surface objects is always impressive to me.

Took near all month but I finished my first ever paint job for a Gundam Model: The White Ogre. It's probably the only ever kit I'll give the full paint treatment, but man did this feel like a hard task for a first timer. I think I did... okay?

Maybe it's all on the inside. LOL
Oh, goddammit. This is exactly what it's gonna be, foreshadowing the Build Burning frame or some garbage.

UGH.
Hell no. 00 S2 is better than Age only because it is shorter, they're both the worst of Gundam. Destiny shits upon both of them from on high for at least being entertainingly bad.

The only good thing to come from season 2 is the fake movie at the beginning of Awakening of the Trailblazer.
Wowno AGE is better than Destiny by a LONG SHOT. I haven't watched 00 yet to make my judgement on that, so I'll hold off on saying anything about it.

Took near all month but I finished my first ever paint job for a Gundam Model: The White Ogre. It's probably the only ever kit I'll give the full paint treatment, but man did this feel like a hard task for a first timer. I think I did... okay?
Mate, I love this! It came out so well.

Jesus Christ where did 00 touch you?

I mean opinions and all but it takes a very special kind of hate to rate Destiny better than 00 S2.

Olengie

I remember watching Destiny and seeing all the Shinn shenanigans taking place. Didn't really like him much. And I literally lold when Kira took his spot.

Oh, goddammit. This is exactly what it's gonna be, foreshadowing the Build Burning frame or some garbage.

UGH.

How bout dem special abilities!

Man, I remember watching in real-time as Kira and Athrun took Shinn's show from him.

Ugh, I still get PTSD from episode 34.

It aired on my birthday, Freedom was my favorite suit ;_;

EDIT: For some reason I just got the insane idea to get the PG Wing Zero to go with that Wing blu-ray set...well, maybe not insane, it's a kit I've wanted since I learned about it back during the old Toonami days. I know it's not exactly a great kit but, hey, nostalgia.

Just an FYI, some Hot Topic stores carry Gundam Neo and other types of the blind-box gashapons.

I got the Woundwort fom the Neo collection and it's a cutie~
Also a Battle Network Megaman figure.

Ugh, I still get PTSD from episode 34.

It aired on my birthday, Freedom was my favorite suit ;_;

EDIT: For some reason I just got the insane idea to get the PG Wing Zero to go with that Wing blu-ray set...well, maybe not insane, it's a kit I've wanted since I learned about it back during the old Toonami days. I know it's not exactly a great kit but, hey, nostalgia.

You might enjoy the MG Proto Zero or RG Zero Custom more. I have/had the PG kit, it doesn't hold up well overtime, the instructions were the worst I've ever seen, the wiring blows, and compared to what is available today the detail is lacking unless you're going to scribe.

This is awesome. I've never really understood dynamesh (or Zspheres), so seeing it done for hard surface objects is always impressive to me.

Thanks, it's mostly a lot of clip curves, trim dynamic, hpolish, and mask extrusions to get the hard surface details in. It takes some getting used to, but I enjoy the process far more than polymodeling in max. Even retopo I do in ZBrush now, which is what I'm doing next.

You might enjoy the MG Proto Zero or RG Zero Custom more. I have/had the PG kit, it doesn't hold up well overtime, the instructions were the worst I've ever seen, the wiring blows, and compared to what is available today the detail is lacking unless you're going to scribe.

I've actually built both of those already. And the MG Zero Custom. I don't expect the PG to be better than those, I'm aware of the flaws. I'll mull it over until Christmas.

Bandai will reveal the next RG and HGUC kit at the C3 AFA Tokyo 2017 event on August 26.

No hint for the RG, but for the HGUC the hint is "Zeon's Knight".

Well if we're doing RG wishlists (omitting Unicorn variants because those are inevitable)

Reborns
Nu
Epyon
Proto Zero
Infinite Justice
Shining (or God)
F91
G-Self

Paltheos

I have one RG wish. (One that's reasonable anyway.) Give me a RG Gundam X, Bandai. Come on, do it!
That won't be happening of course, at least not right now. Probably a new property or a popular classic they haven't touched yet. I'd bet on something from CCA but considering the last release was a high-profile UC kit, my money's on IBO or Thunderbolt.
What I'm a little more interested in at the moment, if just for the novelty of it, is if Bandai will free the RE/100 line from being just a UC line. :)

I would love a RG Kyrios, or Crossbones X-2. I don't expect to ever see either, but it would be nice. Maybe we can get that Harute than Shun was teasing before. Shining Gundam would also be cool.

Stuff from IBO would be weird since there aren't even Master Grade kits for the series (same with G-Reco), but considering how popular the series is I wouldn't be entirely surprised. And if we eventually get a RG Vidar out of it than great.

I honestly would love for more non-Gundam mobile suits as Real Grades. Come on Bandai give us a Jesta to go with the Unicorn and Sinanju!

Kalentan

Thinking about doing a rewatch of SEED. I know it's not exactly loved around here (if that new dub announcement was anything to go by) but I still enjoyed it.

Though should I just wait for the new dub? Is the HD remaster worth it? Obviously we have a cast announcement but no trailer so no idea how the new voices played out and I kind of dig the original dub. It's not mind blowing but it's got it's moments.

Also I will admit. I sort of like Destiny. Do I think it's good? Well, no. But I always end up watching it on my rewatch just for the few moments I do enjoy. Mainly the moments after Kira becomes the main character again lol.

Thinking about doing a rewatch of SEED. I know it's not exactly loved around here (if that new dub announcement was anything to go by) but I still enjoyed it.

Though should I just wait for the new dub? Is the HD remaster worth it? Obviously we have a cast announcement but no trailer so no idea how the new voices played out and I kind of dig the original dub. It's not mind blowing but it's got it's moments.

Also I will admit. I sort of like Destiny. Do I think it's good? Well, no. But I always end up watching it on my rewatch just for the few moments I do enjoy. Mainly the moments after Kira becomes the main character again lol.

Well if you've never seen the HD Remaster then you might as well check out the new dub while you're at it. So I'd say wait for it.

firelogic

If you'd like to check out Seed HD Remaster, GundamInfo's official Youtube channel has it all. They don't have the English dub but they do have English, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Korean subs.

The channel also has Zeta, ZZ, Unicorn, IBO, Build Fighters, and Build Fighters Try. Some shows have an English dub. Various Playlists

Top Bottom