• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrystalD to make announcement that will "change the way you play Tomb Raider forever"

Blair

Banned
Multiplayer.

Lara starts in the middle and the 2 teams 'Protecters' vs 'Rapists' battle across many exciting maps such as 'Creepy Village' and 'Moaning Caves'

Am I going to be the overly PC cunt that points out that all speculation ITT as to what this might be is of a sexual nature?

If this were an Uncharted thread, nobody would bring up testicular cancer or male hygene products. Perhaps in the next Gears, I'll be able to fist Baird with the power of Kinect :eek:

Megasoum

Banned
Am I going to be the overly PC cunt that points out that all speculation ITT as to what this might be is of a sexual nature?

If this were an Uncharted thread, nobody would bring up testicular cancer or male hygene products. Perhaps in the next Gears, I'll be able to fist Baird with the power of Kinect :eek:

I agree, it's getting ridiculous in all the Tomb Raider threads.

Lyude77

To be fair, Naughty Dog never said that you would want to protect Drake, and I don't think there are any "prevent rape" scenes in Uncharted. Your point is right, despite those facts.

Nome

It doesn't help that one of the series selling points has been Lara's mammaries.

Orayn

I don't know how they could possibly make the game better. It's already got QTE sequences where you press X not to die, combat where you kill tons of dudes with no sense of danger due to regenerating health, and flashing numbers and congratulatory messages that appear onscreen to tell you how many bars you've filled by playing the game. I'm waiting on tenterhooks!

iammeiam

Mandatory coop like re5 and dead space 3 plus half baked multiplayer mode

In coop, the first player plays a guy who's protecting Lara. They found it was easier for audiences to identify with.

Edit: Alternately, in the PS3 version exclusively you can play through the story as Nathan Drake.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

The cancer thing comes from this ancient 90s review of Tomb Raider 2. It mentions that in the future Eidos should make a game where Lara is vulnerable that would give the industry a big shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s0lzbCK9f8

They got the vulnerable part right anyway. Lol

Mandatory coop like re5 and dead space 3 plus half baked multiplayer mode
I'd love co-op if they would take the game fully in the direction of platforming/spelunking/parkour/survival. Remove the combat entirely, and then those encounters with mountain lions and bears would take on a whole new level of tension as you evade and scurry away into the environment.

Top Bottom