• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 anarchists arrested in plot to blow up Cleveland bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
(WTAM) The FBI has uncovered a plot to blow up a bridge near Cleveland!

Five people have been arrested, according to Stephen Anthony, Special Agent in Charge of the Cleveland Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigatio, and Steven Dettelbach, United States Attorney for the Northern District of Ohio.

Both men say the public was never in danger from the explosive devices, which were controlled by an undercover FBI employee. The defendants were closely monitored by law enforcement. The explosives the defendants purchased and attempted to use were inoperable and posed no threat to the public.

A criminal complaint was filed Tuesday morning in U.S. District Court in Cleveland, Ohio.

According to that complaint, three of the men are self-proclaimed anarchists who formed into a small group and considered a series of evolving plots over several months. Two others were also charged.

The initial plot involved the use of smoke grenades to distract law enforcement in order for the co-conspirators to topple financial institution signs atop high rise buildings in downtown Cleveland, according to the complaint.

The plot later developed to the utilization of explosive materials. The defendants conspired to obtain C-4 explosives contained in two improvised explosive devices to be placed and remotely detonated, according to the complaint.

The defendants discussed various bridges and physical targets in and around the Cleveland metropolitan area over the course of several months. The final plan resulted in the Route 82 Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge being the designated target. This bridge crosses from Brecksvilleto Sagamore Hills, over the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, according to the complaint.

http://www.kentuckynewsnetwork.com/...ml?feed=104668&article=10091429#ixzz1td3Xywak

Fuck these idiots for using violence to advance political goals. However, I also hope that this isn't another Brandon Darby situation.

I wonder if they're the right wing extremist kind of anarchists or the "watched The Dark Knight too many times" kind of anarchists.

Anyways, if they'd just wait a few weeks, the bridge probably would've fell down itself. It is Cleveland, after all.

Cleveland GAF checking in!

I wonder if they're the right wing extremist kind of anarchists or the "watched The Dark Knight too many times" kind of anarchists.

Anyways, if they'd just wait a few weeks, the bridge probably would've fell down itself. It is Cleveland, after all.

Cleveland GAF checking in!

There's no such thing as a right wing extremist anarchist. Anarchism is radical leftism.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
A foiled anarchist plot? That's something you'd read about in papers in 1912, but not 100 years later ...

CLEVELAND GAF ASSEMBLE

Cleveland is a vibrant town with diverse peoples, places and businesses. We also have several professional sports teams and are the only major city in Ohio that is not on the top 10 list of bed bug infestations!

People knocking on Cleveland without knowing about it, it's too bad. I've been in Cleveland for a couple of years and think it's a pretty nice town. I was in Ohio City but I moved out to Lakewood--unfortunately I'm out in Indiana on business until the fall.

Edit: Get this now: I actually moved to Cleveland for a job. Hell yeah!

Slo

:O

Your avatar.

I'm in love.

For two easy payments of $19.95, you too can have this limited edition commemorate plate adorning your mantle.

XL_SAXF.png

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

More "crime" manufactured by the FBI. It's like a parade these days. Anytime you see these words, "Both men say the public was never in danger from the explosive devices, which were controlled by an undercover FBI employee," you can pretty safely assume it's yet another example of law enforcement agencies orchestrating crimes to "solve." Makes 'em look good and keeps you in fear.

Another red flag: "a series of evolving plots over several months." I wonder how those plots "evolved" over time?

More "crime" manufactured by the FBI. It's like a parade these days. Anytime you see these words, "Both men say the public was never in danger from the explosive devices, which were controlled by an undercover FBI employee," you can pretty safely assume it's yet another example of law enforcement agencies orchestrating crimes to "solve." Makes 'em look good and keeps you in fear.

Another red flag: "a series of evolving plots over several months." I wonder how those plots "evolved" over time?

Yeah...sure. Heaven forbid we actually funnel violent nuts into law enforcement and prevent acts of violence than wait for them to try and do something and clean up the mess.

Maybe they shouldn't have been so committed to political violence in the first place. They only have themselves to blame for their stupidity.

That bridge was unsafe. They were just doing their civic duty as anarchists to do what is good for the community without the dead hand of the state taking credit.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member

Really, dude?

tin-foil-hat.jpg

ToxicAdam

I don't think some criminals have gotten word that the government is monitoring every bit of data over the internet and cell phone.

Slayven

I never understand the entrapment cry, for one they aren't holding a gun to their heads and two pretty simple to just say I don't want to be involved in blowing shit up.

sangreal

Really, dude?

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Well, he's right.

I never understand the entrapment cry, for one they aren't holding a gun to their heads and two pretty simple to just say I don't want to be involved in blowing shit up.

It's not entrapment, but there is a big leap from being a (violent) radical and acquiring the resources and hatching a plot to use them. Until the FBI conveniently stops by and offers you all the resources you need and a plan to use them

Dude Abides

Banned

I believe the point is that, but for law enforcement's involvement, there would have been no plot. So law enforcement is essentially creating crime that it can then prevent. Seems rather pointless.

Really, dude?

Of course. It's quite common. Almost all of the "terrorism" plots "foiled" in the past five years have been manufactured and orchestrated by the FBI, this one no different. It's transparent, and you'd have to be pretty dense not to see through it. The article itself tells you that the plot was orchestrated by the FBI.

ToxicAdam

Would we feel the same if law enforcement stepped in with Timothy McVeigh before he met up with Terry McNichols? If your intent is there, I don't really think it matters who the facilitator is.

Would we feel the same if law enforcement stepped in with Timothy McVeigh before he met up with Terry McNichols? If your intent is there, I don't really think it matters who the facilitator is.

The intent is also manufactured. Invariably, it is the FBI agent that comes up with the idea. The FBI would never run an operation like this on somebody like Tim McVeigh. These are politically motivated. Muslims and leftists only. And Tim McVeigh didn't need any help getting the idea of blowing something up. These guys almost certainly did. As did most of the Muslims that these operations are run against.

Of course. It's quite common. Almost all of the "terrorism" plots "foiled" in the past five years have been manufactured and orchestrated by the FBI, this one no different. It's transparent, and you'd have to be pretty dense not to see through it. The article itself tells you that the plot was orchestrated by the FBI.

The people are go looking to do these acts. They are the ones who inciate it otherwise it would be entrapment.

Providing the means and playing along with someone isn´t wrong and its keeping us safer.

Would you rather the FBI just let them go to an actual terrorist?

The intent is also manufactured. Invariably, it is the FBI agent that comes up with the idea. The FBI would never run an operation like this on somebody like Tim McVeigh. These are politically motivated. Muslims and leftists only.
no, otherwise a court would strike it down. A lot of the actual specifics are create by the FBI doesn´t go up to someone and say he do you want to blow up something and then bust them. That´s entrapment

And you´re joking if you think the FBI doesn´t care about rightwing terrorists. Because they do the same thing to them
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501369_162-20128867/feds-online-novel-played-role-in-ga-militia-plot/

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I'm not buying it. That reminds me of the whole UFO conspiracy of "There's people behind the curtain, pulling the strings, from keeping the masses from knowing the real truth" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom