• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Help!] The Girl I Like Won't Respond to My Emails (´`)

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, poor Denko.

But some of the troll replies are amazing. This should win the internet Pulitzer.

For some reason, as I read these, I picture the posts like a Bioware cutscene with everyone selecting from three possible replies to the deranged OP.

A surprising majority of people go real life Renegade.

edit:

2ch said:
#2ch
Hahaha, talk about an unfair deal!
FF13 gives you more freedom than that!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Codeblue

Ooh, what a schemer!
Make sure she doesn’t hurt herself when she swoons.

Is it just the translation that makes everyone but the OP seem awesome? They're all speaking in full sentences and talking like human beings, which makes it hard to believe 4chan was every trying to model themselves after this.

Maybe someone should translate the posts at 4Chan into actual English and get rid of the images and it would actually be pretty funny.

zoku88

Is it just the translation that makes everyone but the OP seem awesome? They're all speaking in full sentences and talking like human beings, which makes it hard to believe 4chan was every trying to model themselves after this.

Maybe someone should translate the posts at 4Chan into actual English and get rid of the images and it would actually be pretty funny.

You're only seeing a small subset of responses.

Finaika

>Don’t call me or email me anymore, please.
She wants to meet me in person! (´・ω・`)
>I’m sorry, but I’m really, really scared.
Denko must be in danger… I’ve got to help her! (´・ω・`)
>If there’s been a misunderstanding, then I apologize.
We’ve repaired our friendship. Now we’ll always be together! (´・ω・`)
>But this is my last email. Please don’t contact me again, I’m begging you.
Yep, definitely wants to meet in person! (´・ω・`)

He must be the most positive guy alive.

That's good right?

DJ88

Can't believe I read the entire thing, that guys emoticon is infuriating. I think it's pretty obvious it's fake, but oh my god, even the small off chance that it's real is horrifying. How's it possible for someone to be so out of touch with reality. No matter how bad things got, he'd always pull out the most ass backwards explanation for it in his favor. Responses were hilarious though.

[Help!] My Lawyer-Brainwashed Girlfriend Is Suing Me (´・ω・`)

[Help!] The Police Are Here (´・ω・`)

[Help!] I’m Being Chased By My Girlfriend’s Friend (´・ω・`)

I could be totally wrong, but iirc, 2ch has a considerably wider demographic than 4chan and is generally more reputable as a result. It's more than just a hive of scum and villainy.

rpmurphy

Most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. It's too bad that the whole story kinda ended abruptly. There are just so many unanswered questions...

Roofy

This was the most amazing and frightening read I have ever experienced. I was laughing at the trolls (A+) and amazed at the obliviousness. Like one of the 2ch commenters said, this makes me feel so much better about my obliviousness.

5/5, would read again

Xisiqomelir

Read the whole thing. Anyone up for doing a radio drama from the posts? I'm thinking 6 VAs.

One for ('.w.')
One for Sarcastic Encouragement 2channer "THAT WAS PERFECT/SEND ANOTHER 50 MESSAGES" <--Dibs
One for "I'm a girl and would absolutely call the police by now"/Poor Denko
One for "Stop harassing Tendou/Do you know how much trouble you've caused her?"
One for "What's going on here?/Is this the 600-mail guy?"
One for Snake

Radio drama sounds awesome. Like the "square just shot themselves in the foot!" reading, only better. Sadly I don't think I have the voice for any of those roles ;.;

I could be totally wrong, but iirc, 2ch has a considerably wider demographic than 4chan and is generally more reputable as a result. It's more than just a hive of scum and villainy.

yup. Also its very difficult to translate slang and memes, so the translator probably went with proper English just to be safe.

Just read this whole thing, shit was amazing. I want to believe this is and isn't real at the same time. At first I thought it had to be fake when people were at the park and didn't spot him. But apparently it's a big place, and took him a while to find some "hilly area"? So maybe they were in a different part of the park?

In any case, real or not, it was a hilarious read. Too many great lines to start quoting any but I laughed repeatedly.

Ravidrath

I am fairly certain the Reverge Labs whiteboard is THE SOURCE for Denko Saga fan art.

6968823360_4e40a5cfda_z.jpg

RangersFan

can't believe I read the whole thing, it was entertaining at times, but can't help think he's a giant troll. I accept that there are people like that in the world, that clueless, but I don't know. The sheer stupidity and unwillingness to read the posts of the people actually trying to help him or tell him whats up is astounding, gotta be troll.

El Sloth

Banned
Entertaining read. Sudden ending makes me think he'll pop up again to finish his story.

Am i missing something? Why would anyone believe this is real. Stock trolling.
From what some of the replies in the 2ch thread were saying there was a previous poster everyone thought was tolling who ended up getting arrested.

I'm sure the OP used that to his advantage to keep the troll going as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom