• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Year 1 Thorn/TLW with shotgun meta is something I find myself missing more and more. It may have been widely overpowered but damn was it fast. The current meta not only heavily favors shotguns in lieu of watered down primaries but it's sluggish as hell with lots of turtling. At this point I'm just waiting for Destiny 2 to offer a combat sandbox reset because I'm afraid there is just too much to fix and not enough incentive for them to do so.

Arrrammis

Year 1 Thorn/TLW with shotgun meta is something I find myself missing more and more. It may have been widely overpowered but damn was it fast. The current meta not only heavily favors shotguns in lieu of watered down primaries but it's sluggish as hell with lots of turtling. At this point I'm just waiting for Destiny 2 to offer a combat sandbox reset because I'm afraid there is just too much to fix and not enough incentive for them to do so.

Year 1 is viewed with Rose tinted glasses a lot of the time, but I kinda agree on the PvP. It was unbalanced, shotguns killed from even further away, snipers could one-shot bodyshot people using the last round perk(hearing snipers go off in the distance as soon as a match started was always a bad sign), auto rifles reigned supreme, the most exclusive weapon in the game at launch (Vex Mythoclast) was rightfully the best primary until it got completely nerfed into oblivion, but it was fun. Now, every single weapon has the same potential DPS because they all feel exactly the same, and the one primary outlier (hand cannons) was given a new mechanic exclusive to hand cannons: ghost rounds. Everything just feels so samey, especially coming back from Titanfall 2's PvP where every weapon feels different, very few are considered OP, and every weapon benefits a playstyle and situation.

Dangit. Wish I got back into the game a few months ago. Missed out on that year two Triumphs thing even though I had already done most of them. Second time quitting for a long time made it so I didn't get something I had recorded and missed out on a "reward". Oh well time to get back to it.

Got a Palindrome with Icarus/Hot Swap, Rifled Barrel, and Rangefinder. Who wants a ride to the Lighthouse?

Mah god roll pls

aLR4jNNVijwGI.gif

Been fooling around with the game for about a month now. Managed to get a titan to 367 so far, sunbreaker maxed and striker on the way.

Seem to have hit quite the god damn wall, tho. Thought that heroics wouldve been the same progression as always, but... the sudden need for purplz in order to continue advancing, allied to the fact that they might not decrypt into loot for my class... well, that kinda soured the mood.

Which is a bit of a shame, because now pve combat is once again exciting (even if one feels like strangling the occasional pickup that keeps getting oneshotted by the boss in melee range)

got a hawkmoon tho. apparently #itssomething

At 367, you should be raiding. :)

So, I got a Mark of Bright Hope with Int/Dis that I was super excited about. So I infused a perfect Int/Dis mark that I had into it... and the stats aren't showing up. It's showing Light Level 400, but no Int/Dis base stats. Did I just somehow ruin this rare drop? >.>

Nicodemic

So, I got a Mark of Bright Hope with Int/Dis that I was super excited about. So I infused a perfect Int/Dis mark that I had into it... and the stats aren't showing up. It's showing Light Level 400, but no Int/Dis base stats. Did I just somehow ruin this rare drop? >.>

It's a "known" bug. Look in the details screen and you should see the int/dis nodes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If people wants to do SRL stuff now is a good time. Seems the good players are done with it. I'm not putting much effort into it and still placing 1st and I usually get destroyed.

The bugged class items still give you stat bonuses-- you just have to do the math if you want to know how they compare to other gear.

Seem to have hit quite the god damn wall, tho. Thought that heroics wouldve been the same progression as always, but... the sudden need for purplz in order to continue advancing, allied to the fact that they might not decrypt into loot for my class... well, that kinda soured the mood.

Purples turn into gear for your class. Exotic armour might not, but they will be unlocked in the kiosk if you ever have an alt and make great infusion fodder until then.

Number45

Got a Palindrome with Icarus/Hot Swap, Rifled Barrel, and Rangefinder. Who wants a ride to the Lighthouse?
Does Icarus/HS make that much of a difference? The vendor roll is the same but with mulligan/spray and play in the first column.

I have SureShot IS, Outlaw/Icarus, Rifled and Rangefinder. My go to PvP primary. <3

If people wants to do SRL stuff now is a good time. Seems the good players are done with it. I'm not putting much effort into it and still placing 1st and I usually get destroyed.

I was wondering why I was able to get first place in 2 out of the first 5 races I ever did.

Does Icarus/HS make that much of a difference? The vendor roll is the same but with mulligan/spray and play in the first column.

I have SureShot IS, Outlaw/Icarus, Rifled and Rangefinder. My go to PvP primary. <3

The way the games (dumb) bloom mechanics work they make a huge difference, as they tighten the accuracy cone for your shots.

Your Palindrome is about as good as it gets, esp if you play hunter, Best roll for Eyasluna is rangefinder, rifled, HH.

Stupid question: aren't there any class items for the new Lamentarion and Snowglare Titan sets?

There don't seem to have any and my OCD is killing me. Those look like incomplete sets to me :(

Dawning book complete, icebreaker acquired, max grimoire attained. Just missing new warlock exotic gloves and helmet and I have everything. Time to play other games

Melchiah

So, I got Saladin's Tag, but can't find the related quest, and quick googling didn't help. I read though, that apparently Xur gives quest(s) regarding the event. Too bad I won't be around this weekend to get any of them.

E92 M3

Year 1 is viewed with Rose tinted glasses a lot of the time, but I kinda agree on the PvP. It was unbalanced, shotguns killed from even further away, snipers could one-shot bodyshot people using the last round perk(hearing snipers go off in the distance as soon as a match started was always a bad sign), auto rifles reigned supreme, the most exclusive weapon in the game at launch (Vex Mythoclast) was rightfully the best primary until it got completely nerfed into oblivion, but it was fun. Now, every single weapon has the same potential DPS because they all feel exactly the same, and the one primary outlier (hand cannons) was given a new mechanic exclusive to hand cannons: ghost rounds. Everything just feels so samey, especially coming back from Titanfall 2's PvP where every weapon feels different, very few are considered OP, and every weapon benefits a playstyle and situation.

Year 1 was the best :(

Deku Tree

So, I got Saladin's Tag, but can't find the related quest, and quick googling didn't help. I read though, that apparently Xur gives quest(s) regarding the event. Too bad I won't be around this weekend to get any of them.

No quest you just open the present at the top of the tower.

Melchiah

No quest you just open the present at the top of the tower.

That's disappointing, since it only gave me Days of Iron ornaments and 50 Motes of Light. I guess I should have googled the results, before I wasted time on racing several times to reach level 9 in the book.

We probably haven't played together before. I've never played PvP with any GAFers before. I've done a KF raid one time with people from here and it was an absolute blast, though. I wouldn't mind getting on more to play with you all but this sub-community has seemed pretty dead lately. :/
I'm at light 365, trying to get to 380 before I start doing Raids.

At 367, you should be raiding. :)
Nah, I want to get it up a little bit more, plus my wife is only 355, and whoever I raid with will have to carry her as she's not the best with fps games. Strikes are giving me pretty good stuff though and with Xur plus his 3 of coins thing, I think I'm getting decent loot.

Still looking to get those boots Xur had a few weeks back ;-( and need a Red Death for her as well.

Stupid question: aren't there any class items for the new Lamentarion and Snowglare Titan sets?

There don't seem to have any and my OCD is killing me. Those look like incomplete sets to me :(

They are not new sets, but year 1 rare (blue) armor recycled for year 3.

All the year 1 recycled class items are already in the game since RoI came out.

Kalamari

I haven't really had much opportunity to use it yet, Train last night was derailed. :(

Yes i love icarus because of this. And i hate both of you because i'll never get this god roll.

Why the god roll that I'm already chasing and will chase for the entirety of year 3 is a palindrome with icarus+rifled+rangefinder

3oz8xwByER9wVyZoJy.gif

3o6ZtgI1VsjXK4ntao.gif

So far i've gotten two with icarus and range perk, one with third eye (that I'm using) and the other one with reactive reload (but reinforced barrel). I need one with rangefinder pls.

Trying to get back into the swing of things as fast as possible. Are any of the events going on right now really limited, like the racing one? Want to know if I should get into that now while I can or if I can finish the last expansion story stuff to get some more light first.

Shiv47

Trying to get back into the swing of things as fast as possible. Are any of the events going on right now really limited, like the racing one? Want to know if I should get into that now while I can or if I can finish the last expansion story stuff to get some more light first.
Light doesn't matter in SRL, it just affects your post race drops light level

Light doesn't matter in SRL, it just affects your post race drops light level

Yeah, was kinda two separate things. I want to get story stuff done fast to get some free gear to raise light, but I also don't want to miss out on SRL if it's going away like next week or something.

Also I assume they changed infusing since I last played since everything I've infused went right up to the level of the gear I used.

Yeah, was kinda two separate things. I want to get story stuff done fast to get some free gear to raise light, but I also don't want to miss out on SRL if it's going away like next week or something.

Also I assume they changed infusing since I last played since everything I've infused went right up to the level of the gear I used.

Yep infusion is no longer some random equation, whatever gear you infused goes to the light level of the gear used in the infusion (you might end up +1 extra light on the deal, not sure how this occurs but I have had it happen).

As for limited, basically anything in The Dawning book that you earn is limited for the life of the event. While strike scoring and such will stay after the dawning, filling in those items in the book and earning rewards from the book will be gone much like SRL (though SRL will be around to play in private matches though again you dont earn progress, just end of private matches rewards).

Luckily, outside of the one Dawning item specifically around the nightfall, all the other strike related stuff is done in any SIVA playlist, meaning the 320 LL one and the heroic (and also nightfall).

Personally I would say grind SRL and when bored, ensure you have the strike bounties and play the 320 LL strike list which should help you get to 365 light. Or the other way around, whatever.

Edit:

Thinking about it, anyone want to do an SRL boosting train? Perhaps help theSlacker make progress as well as others. Me personally I am looking for 1 First Place on Venus and 3 on Mars to finish off my SRL Y1 book...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Looking for two more to run two Nightfalls at some point tonight.
I'm ready to go now. Or we can run them later tonight. No rush.
If any of you need to run a third as well, I don't mind sticking it out.
Let's get us some Y3-flavored Icebreakers, yeah?

PSN: Mejilan

Looking for two more to run two Nightfalls at some point tonight.
I'm ready to go now. Or we can run them later tonight. No rush.
If any of you need to run a third as well, I don't mind sticking it out.
Let's get us some Y3-flavored Icebreakers, yeah?

PSN: Mejilan

Hopefully you did better than I did. Ran all 3 Tuesday and found nothing but disappointment on the Icebreaker side (I did get some infusion fuel though).

CREMSteve

Heading out on vacation for the next few weeks. Wooooooooot

I did all the SRL stuff in the book, but haven't finished the Strike stuff. Will I still be able to earn those strike ones when I get back, or does the book become inactive after The Dawning event is over?

I know the Strike scoring stays, just not sure what effect it has on the book piece. Has Bungie commented on it?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hopefully you did better than I did. Ran all 3 Tuesday and found nothing but disappointment on the Icebreaker side (I did get some infusion fuel though).

All three of my toons are at 400.
But as far as Icebreaker goes, I'm currently 0/4.
Hopefully, I'll be 0/6 sometime tonight. :D

Speaking of hand cannons

Got one today with the following perks

Range finder
Reinforced or rifled barrell
Luck in the chamber

Not bad perks.
its a ill will &#128512;

Thinking about it, anyone want to do an SRL boosting train? Perhaps help theSlacker make progress as well as others. Me personally I am looking for 1 First Place on Venus and 3 on Mars to finish off my SRL Y1 book...

Thanks for the offer, but I'm still getting a grasp on things. Maybe later in the week.

I hate missable things, but I guess I should stop quitting games and rejoining them. It is what normally keeps me from coming back though.

Top Bottom