• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian Pre-Order Up for PS3 at Portugal Retailer [Image inside]

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
why does it not make sense for this game to be on PS3? It's obviously been in development for ps3 for quite some time

Well, it's been in development for so long because of technical issues. The PS4 would easily have the potential to solve them, though I don't know the cost of porting to different architecture.

Ico was a PS1 game that moved to PS2. It could happen again.

Ridiculous decision by Sony if true. The Last Guardian could be the perfect system showcase.

The issue is that they would have to improve the visuals drastically for it to be a PS4 showcase, and that takes more work than just using high res textures on the same geometry.

argj8i.gif

Soon ;__;

trmas

Banned
I want the game, period!!! If on PS4, I will purchase day one. If not, I might wait a year or so. I just want to play the game!!!!!!!!!

Hm. I was pretty sure that I'll buy Ps4 day one. But I'm not so sure about it anymore.
I guess there is more than enough on Ps3 later this year, so no Ps4 needed.
Maybe next year.

DieH@rd

Banned
Ridiculous decision by Sony if true. The Last Guardian could be the perfect system showcase.

Why do you think that? They have spent 5 years working on PS3 version, and PS4 upscale will only give it rezolution, AA and framerate boost. I dont call that "system showcase".

Deprive

Bout time. Hope it's cross gen though, even though I'll buy the ps3 ver first.

PS3 going out with a bang. It's like a gangbang of video games starting in july.

sooo many games. :.(

sense

To sell the PS4.

i think there is enough software to sell the ps4 starting early next year. this holiday the enthusiasts will buy it anyway so i don't see this as a huge problem but cross gen would be ideal so i don't have to keep both systems at the same time. too many games will be on ps4 that last guardian will struggle to sell on a new platform. plus every ps3 sold now is pure profit as opposed to ps4 so this smart business move.

Alx

OMG PS3! This year!!!

Hahahahaha perfect GIF from the hero of my country, Novak Djokovic [he's saying: "I'm begging you god, I'm begging you god"]

Maybe he should do it right if he wanted some help from above. :p (it's up, down, left, right,
chu, chu,chu
Novak ! Even an atheist like myself knows it...)

Covers are mockups made by the retailer. Probably differs between shops too. What matters here is that they're taking pre-orders, and their track record is pretty good.

I don't doubt that it is coming. I am just saying that the platform is not necessarily the PS3 is all. Thanks for sharing this. My hype is off the charts.

TrutaS

Why do you think that? They have spent 5 years working on PS3 version, and PS4 upscale will only give it rezolution, AA and framerate boost. I dont call that "system showcase".

Of course if they would only upscale it, it wouldn't be a good showcase. I was expecting that all these delays were a result of changing development to PS4 years ago, to avoid the "problems" they were having and use the new hardware to it's benefit. Imagine a new trailer at E3 with revamped graphics for PS4. That would be an amazing showcase.

I would love for Last Guardian to release on PS4 as a launch title but if it's for PS3, i will still buy it anyway because this game looks beyond amazing and i'm a huge fan of Team ICO games.

kubus

Stores putting up preorder boxes for games that haven't even been confirmed is nothing new. We've had preorder boxes with mockup art for games that haven't even been announced (but are expected to be, such as Assassin's Creed and CoD series).

Our store also has that same Last Guardian listing for 2,5 years now. Same mock up boxart as well, and an "expected release date of 2013", for PS3. But this is all speculation by the store.

http://www.gamemania.nl/Default.aspx?tabid=88&gmgame=22572

YnEupSJ.jpg

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I remember how the first trailer made my more casual friends decide to buy the new Playstation console.

Those were the days...

If this is a PS4 exclusive, it'll mean that Team Ico completely skipped an entire console generation.

Crazy.

Can anyone think of another developer that did that?

From a business perspective, it would be smart to release this on the ps3 simply b/c of it's larger install base.

Same with GT 6.

God knows how much money Sony has spent on TLG.

Plus, releasing this won't move PS4's. GT 6, on the other hand, would've.

Yeah, FNAC is totally reliable. I've been able to preorder this back in 2008.

:p

Your french FNAC is not the same as this one obviously.

I only posted this because of this very same regional retailer. Otherwise I'd ignore it.

Stores putting up preorder boxes for games that haven't even been confirmed is nothing new.
It's new for this one, why doesn't anyone read? :p

DieH@rd

Banned
From a business perspective, it would be smart to release this on the ps3 simply b/c of it's larger install base.

Same with GT 6.

God knows how much money Sony has spent on TLG.

Plus, releasing this won't move PS4's. GT 6, on the other hand, would've.

This. Few years of work with Ueda's small team, and then few more with more of Sony's help.

Was the pre-order just started or has it been there for some time.

I mean why the hell such type of news/threads have to pop up before E3 ;-;

trmas

Banned
I don't care about the platform - the stars are aligning to FINALLY give us the game! I will buy day one for whichever console it is on, PS3 or PS4

jimi_dini

I think it would be better to sell a lot of copies AND a new console.

You really think many people would buy a PS4 just for this game? I doubt that. Some GAFfers sure. It's just not mainstream enough. They would sell a lot less copies of the game compared to either releasing it on PS3+PS4 or just PS3. And those that consider this to be a systemseller, would surely buy it on PS3 and then a PS4 as well to get this game as PS4 edition AGAIN just for the higher framerate/higher polygon count.

Hell in case Sony's PS4 actually has this anti-used bullcrap, I wouldn't buy a PS4. Not even for this game.
I'm sorry

But think about how many more PS4s it'd move if it was a next-gen exclusive.

Besides, PS3 has GT6 so it'll be fine.

Are you aware that Team ICO games aren't exactly system sellers in the same sense as Halo, Uncharted, MGS4, or Gears of War?...Shadow of the Colossus sold about 1 million on a console with an install base of 140 million.

It would be a great addition to the PS4 library (if it ends up as a good game) but it's not a make-or-break title that the PS4 must have to get a following...I would love a Demon's Souls 2 for PS4 but I wouldn't expect it to sell like gangbusters or shift more PS4s over the Xbox One.

Phatmac

People that think that The Last Guardian would sell well on PS4 are silly. Sell it on PS3 and hope the huge install base supports it.

Top Bottom