• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker available for use in Project Spark

Hindl

Seriously. I saw Conker appear in the Project Spark trailer, and DIRECTLY ADDRESS the fact that he hasn't been in a game in 10 years. Then he just leaves it up to players in Project Spark to make him. That felt like a slap in the face

...why not? You want him to die to irrelevance? At least by bringing him back from the dead they show Conker is still a thing.

Lijik

Yeah I joked that it was an admission of "Fuck it, we're not making any more rare platformers YOU make one!"

Betty

Banned
Big, big letdown, I was so sure they were about to announce a new game and force me to pick up an X1.

All I could say afterwards was "you bastards", not at MS, just the Project Spark team.

Jito

Banned
Was expecting to see Banjo pop up as well, it broke my heart.

No Kinect Rare announcement was a good sign though.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Rare just finished Kinect Sports Rivals in April. It could be a hint that a new conker is coming.

Facism

i had my heart skip thinking they were going to show a new Conker game, then they trolled the fuck out of me with the project spark nonsense.

I've never gone soft from being so hard so quickly

Gamerloid

From another standpoint, it at least says they know gamers are interested in Conkers. This only means the chance of him actually receiving a sequel is possible. If he's used a lot in Project Sparks in creative ways, they'll take notice.

It's been 10 years since I've been in a game

pls make me one :(

Someone should make a funeral game and bury him along with everything else associated with Rare

SparkTR

...why not? You want him to die to irrelevance? At least by bringing him back from the dead they show Conker is still a thing.

I think people see this as a firm confirmation that there will never be another dedicated Conker game. Not that there was any doubt in the first place.

Worst part of that conference. I got so hyped when he showed up, because I thought he was going to chainsaw the title to show his game.

Then he just ends up being a character in Spark. I was seriously pissed, and still am.

Microsoft has cancelled every Rare game that wasn't Kinect or avatars. What do you expect? They've tried making new things and MS won't let them.

Balb

On one hand, I want to show support for this in hopes of an actual Conker game in the future. On the other hand, Project Spark doesn't look like a whole lot of fun to play (outside of the creation aspects).

It sucks, but it's better than no Conker. Since fans can create Conker games, we could get an even better Conker game than an official one.

BHK3

Banned
My issue is that it's not even the real conker, he's not gonna be cursing or mowing down teddies with fluff gore everywhere, he's just literally just as a NPC to include in your little self made mini game.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I wouldn't say its a "big fuck you", but it is disappointing that he's coming as DLC for a game I have no interest in instead of a full bad fur day sequel.

I have no problem with MS dumping characters that they aren't using into things like Spark.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they plan on doing something with him a little later down the line and this was to keep him a bit more relevant. I could be overly hopeful on that though.

Vinc

Honestly, I want to believe this was a Spencer-style nod to the fact that it'll be brought back entirely soon enough. I believe.

Top Bottom