• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker available for use in Project Spark

Jofamo

That was awful. What a slap in the face.

The point of Conker isn't that you want to play as a Squirrel. The point was the entire game, the jokes, the set pieces. You're hardly going to be able to record new Conker dialogue, so this will get old fast. :(

Sushigod7

They are just releasing old assets to play around with I don't get the hate. Go to Spark create lots of content it gets lots of love and maybe they will green light the new game? I think it sounds like fun.

Dizzy

Banned
Can't believe they won't touch Conker or anything from classic Rare anymore but will go out of their way for something like phantom dust.

Jagsrock

Banned
pretty much this all over again
ePfRTJ.gif

Sanke__

They are just releasing old assets to play around with I don't get the hate. Go to Spark create lots of content it gets lots of love and maybe they will green light the new game? I think it sounds like fun.

The problem was the trailer
Not the basic concept of putting conker in project spark

Raven77

So....

Project Spark...

Conker...

Theoretically...couldn't the current rare developers and all the ones who have left the studio team up to make a "Conker" sequel in their spare time to release through the Spark game sharing system???

Toad.T

Banned
...why not? You want him to die to irrelevance? At least by bringing him back from the dead they show Conker is still a thing.

Yes, actually. If more developers would just fess up and say they're not interested in continuing franchises, there would be a lot less emotional responses and folks could move on with their lives.

Imagine if you had a bear you loved as a kid. As you move around this world, your mom assures you that the bear rests safely at their house, but in actuality, it was lost/thrown out ages ago. Would you rather live the lie that your childhood pal still exists? Or would you like to hear the truth and "Grow up", then continue with your life, holding the memories in your mind?

idlewild_

itssomething.jpg

probably the closest we are going to get to a new conker game. haven't played around with the spark beta but i'm sure the community can come up with something suitable as long as spark is powerful enough.

Shojx

I laughed.

And though I'm not personally a fan of the Conker games (never played them before), I could definitely see how that feel like a slap to the face for those of you who are. Gosh, I imagine if they did the same thing with Banjo and just, ugh, I would feel like I was trolled.

Axass

I was crazy for the original Conker. When I saw him I was so happy, even though I don't plan to buy an X1, like ever.

Then... inside Project Spark? They shat on the fans big time.

Salty Hippo

That was awful. What a slap in the face.

The point of Conker isn't that you want to play as a Squirrel. The point was the entire game, the jokes, the set pieces. You're hardly going to be able to record new Conker dialogue, so this will get old fast. :(

Exactly. They don't even fucking know what the fuck the game is about. It's infuriating.

spliced

Next step is to make a trailer for a Conker game then after it's finished say "that's a game we could make, but we're choosing not to".

Spineker

Banned
If this is supposed to be some sort of gauge for Conker's popularity, as in "buy this game you have zero interest in to convince us to make the one you DO want", I will be even more pissed off.

SegaShack

The most insulted I have ever been by watching any conference. What assholes! Conker's BFD and Live and Reloaded are both amazing games that have generated a lot of fans over the years.

I was so excited just to have a chainsaw go through my heart. I changed my avatar to this so people don't forget about this bullshit.

Last time I played the Project Spark Beta it was an unplayable mess. Is that game even officially out now or is it in Beta? The Conker pack isn't even in the game so I don't know why the wrote "download now" in there.

At the very least at least but Live and Reloaded up for Games on Demand or port the original over, hell the disc runs fine in the 360, it wouldn't require any additional work on their part. What jerks.

I doubt it was Seavor. Someone probably tried to emulate him.

Chris was involved in this, check his twitter.

Odrion

Banned
They bring back Phantom Dust, but somehow it's impossible for Rare to make anything that isn't Kinect dreck.

3bdelilah

Banned
I got fucking excited when I saw "Conker available...", thought it would get an XBLA port like BK and BT. False alarm. Never played the original before, shit is fucking expensive on N64

Gartooth

So salty about this.

Pretty much ruined the MS conference for me.

I thought we were getting a new Conker game after the Project Spark trailer.

Top Bottom