• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita anniversary Deals (NA) - Free games (Wild Arms, Patapon,...) and discounts

zulux21

You should be able to download these through your PS3 or through the web store.

they say they will only be available on the vita store (which is actually a different store than the ps3/pc one if you don't have a vita to see it) so we will have to see if they are actually going to stay true to that or not. I'm leaning towards they won't screw it up and that only people with a vita will be able to get them (which makes sense as it's a vita celebration)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
they say they will only be available on the vita store (which is actually a different store than the ps3/pc one if you don't have a vita to see it) so we will have to see if they are actually going to stay true to that or not. I'm leaning towards they won't screw it up and that only people with a vita will be able to get them (which makes sense as it's a vita celebration)

Oh yeah. I missed that, yeah you're probably right.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
You're getting MGS HD Collection on Vita for free this month.

I think you win this one as usual. Unless you want to trade that is, in which case I'm more than glad to trade you some crummy PSP games and the 1 PS1 jrpg that isn't any good for a pretty good Vita game.

I'd like to do the trade. But I don't have PS+, so it would actually be an unfair trade. Neverthelesse, even if I did have PS+, I'd gladly take the chance for the trade ;).

You're getting MGS HD Collection on Vita for free this month.

I think you win this one as usual. Unless you want to trade that is, in which case I'm more than glad to trade you some crummy PSP games and the 1 PS1 jrpg that isn't any good for a pretty good Vita game.

Er free for Plus members. These games are free to all VITA owners.

Derrick01

Banned
Er free for Plus members. These games are free to all VITA owners.

With as much as Europe gets I don't know why there'd be anyone over there who doesn't have +.

Besides it'd be better to pay a small amount for the amazing stuff they get than get the free shit that everyone gets.

Man, I haven't played Wild Arms in, I guess 15 years. The music was great, but I can't remember the story or combat at all, which doesn't bode well. I wish there was more time this year to give it another run.

I got Patapon 2 for $4 at Kmart one day, and still felt I overpaid. I mean, I thought it was such a cool idea for about 2 hours, then the grinding started and instead of being fun, having to time things felt like a repetitive chore you couldn't speed up. Was 1 any better? Everyone shits on 3, but don't you only manage 4 of the guys in that one? Does that make for less grinding?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
With as much as Europe gets I don't know why there'd be anyone over there who doesn't have +.

Besides it'd be better to pay a small amount for the amazing stuff they get than get the free shit that everyone gets.

I like to own the games I pay for. If I pay for PS+, Sony can decide that I can't play my games anymore anytime by just shutting off the online service. This is inacceptable. Games one gets free via PS+ are paid games, as long as PS+ isn't free.

Meh. Kind of weak for me, TBH.

I own Piyotama on PS3 and it sucks.
I didn't like Patapon at all.

I'll try Wild Arms and Patchwork Heroes, but neither looks like my kind of game.

I'm interested in nothing from that sale list, as they are all games I have superior versions of elsewhere, or no interest in at all for those prices.

I wish they'd have a good deal on Lumines Vita...

friz898

nVFnZl9.png

Soon as I read that I heard it. "FEEEEVERRR" lol. There is some Patapon sounds that I will never get out of my head. Not after 30 hours in 1, 40 in 2, and over 100 in Patapon 3.

Derrick01

Banned
I like to own the games I pay for. If I pay for PS+, Sony can decide that I can't play my games anymore anytime by just shutting off the online service. This is inacceptable. Games one gets free via PS+ are paid games, as long as PS+ isn't free.

You're not going to be able to play anything on PS4 anyway so what's the difference?

Clov

First they give me $10, and then they give me 4 free games? Sony seems to be after my heart lately!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Never heard of Piyotoma but the other three are alright for free. I just wish they'd give me a $5 rebate for buying Wild Arms in that case. :/ (unless it's XF then we're good Sony, we're good)

Blazblue being 50% off is alright as well, I guess... despite the fact that I'm holding out on Chrono Phantasma or whatever it's called/the next revision hitting the system.

Marvel 3 being 50% off as well isn't too bad. For $20 you can have some alright offline fun, too bad the online is dead. Dunno if that sale will rejuvenate it.

Takao

Banned
The complaining in this thread ... Sony isn't obliged to give out free content to people who bought their hardware as a celebration of its' release date. Yes, they're old games, but (outside of Piyotama, a game I've never played) they're all pretty good ones.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

You must not buy anything from the big three then?
That's nuts.

friz898

Man, I haven't played Wild Arms in, I guess 15 years. The music was great, but I can't remember the story or combat at all, which doesn't bode well. I wish there was more time this year to give it another run.

I got Patapon 2 for $4 at Kmart one day, and still felt I overpaid. I mean, I thought it was such a cool idea for about 2 hours, then the grinding started and instead of being fun, having to time things felt like a repetitive chore you couldn't speed up. Was 1 any better? Everyone shits on 3, but don't you only manage 4 of the guys in that one? Does that make for less grinding?

3 is my favorite of the bunch. At first I didnt think I would like it, but since there is a class system, I really felt like I was building my 4player RPG team or something. I know some preferred 2, but although I loved 2 (and 1), 3 is what really made any future iterations of the series day 0 pre-orders for me.

olimpia84

Sounds great, will download them games since I don't own any of them, thanks Sony. And lol at people complaining, these games are free.

VanWinkle

Haha, that problem could exist of every online service.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
There's a demo available now too.
It's a bit difficult to understand.
Ah, I see. Thank you. I'll try it out, then.

I heard mixed things so I was wondering if I'd see any positive impressions around here of the full game. Regardless, the best litmus test is my own.

olimpia84

Can you guys access the PSN store from your Vita right now to download the games? I get a message saying that the service is under maintenance...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Ah, I see. Thank you. I'll try it out, then.

I heard mixed things so I was wondering if I'd see any positive impressions around here of the full game. Regardless, the best litmus test is my own.

Definitely try it.
I tend to like odd, slightly broken games so it's hard to tell people it's great.

If you like strange games, strategy, and rhythm, you may enjoy it.

MDSLKTR

I was considering getting patchwork heroes at some point so I'm really happy it will be free tomorrow. Really fun demo.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Besides, if it wasn't undergoing maintenance it still wouldn't be up until tomorrow. Slow your roll, Olimpia. You have to wait for Endgame anyway. ;)

Also Derrick is so wrong about "Wild Arms is shit" it hurts.

Wild Arms is a 6-12 hour RPG that is pretty amazing for "my first JRPG"ers. IT's not OMG MUST BUY like Toma or whoever makes it out to be, but for $5 (er-"Free") it's worth going through.

Paskil

I second Dokuro. I bought it only the other day and I don't regret paying full price now at all. Also, will finally give Patapon its due diligence and Patchwork as well. Will grab Sine Mora, Oddworld, and Orgarhythm tonight as well. Going to need a second 32GB card very, very soon. GET OUT THOSE 64/128 CARDS ALREADY SONY.

zroid

Banned
Dokuro is arguably the best original game on PSV. Definitely buy.

This is the second time it's been half off, so don't skip it again.

Megatron

I'm considering these:

UMvC3
Sine Mora
Oddworld SW

By my math all 3 would be just under $35 total, and I'll be getting $10 back for spending over $50 this month (already there thanks to a 1 year Plus card someone gave me for xmas!), so nice deal. Not sure I'll get all 3, but Oddworld is probably a must.

If its the actual plus card and not a generic $50 card you used for plus, I don't think that counts towards the $50 unless they changed it from last time. You might want to make sure your other purchases hit $50 if you want the $10 back.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Will pick up all the free games. Thanks, SCEA!

I'd consider Dynasty Warriors... But eh.

It's more like that game fucking sucks. It's on the short list for worst PSP game I played.

My God it becomes more and more obvious post after post that you have the worst taste in this entire industry.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Besides, if it wasn't undergoing maintenance it still wouldn't be up until tomorrow. Slow your roll, Olimpia. You have to wait for Endgame anyway. ;)

Also Derrick is so wrong about "Wild Arms is shit" it hurts.

Wild Arms is a 6-12 hour RPG that is pretty amazing for "my first JRPG"ers. IT's not OMG MUST BUY like Toma or whoever makes it out to be, but for $5 (er-"Free") it's worth going through.

A 6-12 hour rpg?

Top Bottom