• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spintires (!) game is comming: Mud Runner (PC/PS4/Xbox)

Orca

Just installed the Xbox One version and it's 1.13 GB in size. Literally went from clicking download to playing in 45 seconds or so. No embargo on streaming so I might stream some of it tonight.

Did the tutorial and the first challenge and it's about what I expected, really challenging mud/water driving with low-end graphics. Backing the trailer in was incredibly difficult in cab view, given the low visibility in mirrors. Finally cheated and switched out to external view to get it done.

Oneself

Just installed the Xbox One version and it's 1.13 GB in size. Literally went from clicking download to playing in 45 seconds or so. No embargo on streaming so I might stream some of it tonight.

Did the tutorial and the first challenge and it's about what I expected, really challenging mud/water driving with low-end graphics. Backing the trailer in was incredibly difficult in cab view, given the low visibility in mirrors. Finally cheated and switched out to external view to get it done.
How's the framerate?

Orca

How's the framerate?

I didn't play very much but it seemed fine. I think adapting to the camera is going to be the biggest thing for console players, especially those who have just jumped off something like Forza 7 or GT Sport to this haha

It makes sense, given the style of game, but it's a departure for sure.

Krakn3Dfx

Oh man, I saw the thread pop up and through it might be out, pre-ordered on Steam when they announced it because of the discount, can't wait.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I didn't play very much but it seemed fine. I think adapting to the camera is going to be the biggest thing for console players, especially those who have just jumped off something like Forza 7 or GT Sport to this haha

It makes sense, given the style of game, but it's a departure for sure.

Is the camera as wonky as in the original game? At least in early builds it was a disaster.

Orca

Is the camera as wonky as in the original game? At least in early builds it was a disaster.

It works great, but it's such a departure from 'normal' cameras that it takes some time to get used to. For drives on the roads, I put it over the cab and leave it there. When I get to the offroad sections, I tend to swing it out on the driver's side and drive like it's a 3/4 isometric game, so I can see what the wheels are doing.

bosseye

Looking forward to this on PS4. I enjoyed the pc version although as above the camera took some getting used to.

Oneself

I watched some XB1 footage and it looked good enough IMO, 30fps unlocked (maps & menus are 60fps). We might get a small performance upgrade on XB1X then and on PS4 Pro with boost mode.

bosseye

Got this on PS4, its great. Looks fantastic and the physics stuff is wonderful. Looks really nice, and its wonderfully relaxing.

Performance on the Pro seems ok - I thought I detected the odd stutter during the initial tutorial, but I've been playing for a couple of hours now and it seems to be very smooth.

The camera is the work of a masochist though, its needlessly odd, incredibly hard to predict how its going to swing and where you'll end up looking.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
When I first saw this,I thought it would be of similar quality to those crappy hunting simulators but after watching some gameplay this game has a lot of depth and looks very fun.

Gek54

My Missouri mud truck driving friend begged me to get this dumb looking game to co-op and I am so glad I gave in. Such an incredible physics heavy technical driving sim. It deserves more content and challenges.

Playing it feels like
https://youtu.be/EXzLv_55vgE

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Finally i finished the game with 1000gs. I love the game, i wish they make more dlc for more challenge missions or story missions i don't care but i want more content. I beat the levels in the realism difficulty in coop and it was an excellent experience. The game in coop is more fun rather than playing alone.

I want more content!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Hi all!

The Valley, a free DLC for Spintires: MudRunner is out now! It's now available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One in all regions. Please remember that on PS4 and Xbox One, you will need to download separately from the game, by adding it to your account in the respective stores.

Included in this update is:

• A new map: The Valley
  • Three vehicles: The E-7429, the C-6317 and the A-969
  • Ten new vehicle addons
    • C-6317 Spare wheel
    • A-969 Spare wheel
    • A-969 Fuel canisters
    • A-969 Garage parts
    • A-969 Utility attachment
    • E-7429 Advanced trailer hitch
    • E-7429 Repair kit
    • E-7429 (compatible with E-7310 from base game) Garage semi-trailer
    • Medium log trailer (compatible with some of base game trucks)
    • Medium log trailer's logs load
  • Various bugs and fixes

Change Log:
All Platforms

• Letters are now properly automatically uppercased
  • Linebreaks were fixed
  • Minor improvements to autowinch point selection.
  • Minor improvements to the legacy camera mode
  • Minor improvements to sounds
  • Minor water shading and other texture improvements
  • Minor truck setup improvements
  • Lobby members will now select the trucks they want to use when entering a map
  • Steering Wheels Differential Lock in hardcore mode will now behave the same way as in casual mode.
  • Some vehicles are now able to toggle differential lock on and off
  • Soil has been made softer
PC Only

• The game will now detect available video memory and will downgrade textures if they don't fit.
  • Lobby hosts will now select up to eight mods for the game.
Enjoy, and we'll see you soon!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/5292/spintires-mudrunner-february-community-update/2

Hello all!

As was stated in the last update post where we announced The Valley, we're going to be doing a monthly community update for Spintires: MudRunner, to let you know what we're working on, what to expect soon, and some other cool things!

To start, it's not been that long since The Valley released on February 13th, but we're very happy to see so many players enjoying the map and the three new vehicles that we added to the game at this time. What has been your favourite part of The Valley so far?

We have a little treat for you all today, in addition to all the news below. We've noticed that some players have been making their own navigation maps and that these have been made using screenshots of the fully explored map screen, or in some cases hand drawn. We understand that this is something that many of you would like to do, and so we've packaged all the map images, in high resolution, for you to print off and make navigation maps with. Please enjoy!

The maps can be found here: https://we.tl/IYVl6j93B6

Now, the bit that you've all been waiting for, what we're working on! There's actually a lot going on with Spintires: MudRunner right now, all of it in various stages of development, and not much of it that we can actively talk about at the moment. With that said, we can specifically say some things that we're working on and aim to have out this year.

We're currently working on an additional update coming out early this year that we currently expect to include workshop map support, as well as some other cool new features!

As well as this, yes, MudRunner USA (work-in-progress title) is currently in development, and we aim to have this out this year. It will, of course, be set in the United States. We understand that a large part of the Spintires: MudRunner community are based in the United States, and would like to support them with content that is a little bit more familiar. We're also looking into licensing official vehicles for this.

In addition to MudRunner USA, we're continuing to explore the options of adding mods to the console versions of the game. We love the modding communities for Spintires: MudRunner, and thank them for their enthusiasm in continuing to help us make Spintires: MudRunner the best game it can be. We continue to currently look into the possibility to add some of our favourite mods into the console versions of Spintires: MudRunner as DLC.

Finally, a Nintendo Switch version of Spintires: MudRunner is currently being worked on. We don't have much more to say about this right now, but it is coming, and we'll have more news about it in the future!

In conclusion, we're working on a lot of different things currently, all of which will come later in the year! We'll have more news on these individually as the year progresses.

Thanks, and talk to you soon!

I REALLY want to love this game, and thoroughly enjoyed the challenges at the start. But doing the first proper area and delivering the logs :( I keep getting near to the destination and rolling my vehicle and having to start over and it is getting very frustrating.

On a separate note, the vehicles sound awesome through a surround setup with a sub :D

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Hello all!

It's time for another one of those regular Community Updates!
This time around, we're actually going to start off talking about something a little more immediate, and making an announcement!

We're happy to announce The Ridge, the second free DLC for Spintires: MudRunner, coming soon to PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
In The Ridge DLC, we'll be introducing a brand new map, two new vehicles, and, for the first time, a brand-new gameplay mode.
On The Ridge, you will find a towering mountain ridge that divides the map into two areas, and that is incredibly difficult to cross. This will be made trickier with the introduction of the two new vehicles, the D-538 and the B-6A. We will have more details on these vehicles in the future in individual vehicle profiles, but both vehicles will also introduce new add-ons to the game as well!

These new add-ons will help players tackle the difficult new game mode being introduced to The Ridge, Scavenge.
Scavenge mode, unique to The Ridge, is a mode where there are no log stations.
This means that you won't be able to just collect logs and transport them. Instead, there are now random "scavenge locations". These locations are two or three locations that are randomly selected each time you start the map, and spawn static logs which must be collected with a crane!

We don't currently have a specific planned release date for The Ridge, but it should arrive around the end of May. We will continue to add screenshots to this post as we have them to share with you. As stated above, this will be for PC, PS4 and Xbox One!
As has become the norm for these community updates, I'll also let you know what the team are currently working on, and what to expect in the future.
We continue to work on MudRunner USA, and will have more information on this in the future, but we are currently looking into our options towards licensed vehicles for this.

We are hugely grateful to the dedicated and passionate modding community for helping us make Spintires: MudRunner the best game it can be, but, for now, we're only exploring what options we have, no concrete plans to implement mods on consoles in the short run.

Lastly, the Nintendo Switch version of Spintires: MudRunner is still in development, but we don't have much more to say about this currently.
Thank you, all, and we'll talk to you soon!

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/6373/spintires-mudrunner-april-community-update

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/6825/the-ridge-out-now-may-community-update

Hello, and welcome once again to the Spintires: MudRunner Community Update!

First things first, let's talk about The Ridge!

The Ridge is the latest DLC coming to Spintires: MudRunner, and is totally free and out now on PC, PS4 and Xbox One!

In The Ridge, you will discover a brand new map, two new vehicles, and Scavenge game mode. This new game mode, unique to The Ridge (but able to be implemented by modders in their own maps) tasks players with needing to track down and recover logs from random "scavenge locations" around the map. These locations are randomly selected each time you start the map, and are spawns of single logs that must be recovered using a crane attachment!

The Ridge also introduces two new vehicles, the D-538 and the B-6A, which you can learn about in their vehicle presentations, here! The new DLC also introduces new vehicle add-ons with which to take on The Ridge's treacherous hills.

Check out the image below to learn when the game releases in your region:

The Ridge Changelog:

Changelog:
Content

• New gameplay mode - Scavenge
  • New map - The Ridge
  • New vehicles - B-6A and B-538
Improvements

• Locked trucks are now covered in cloth
  • Wheel physics have been improved (wheels are now softer)
  • Anchors and cranes are now more powerful and move more smoothly
  • Automatic gearboxes have now been improved
  • Mod-related stability improvements (crashes due to memory limitations have been fixed)
  • The in-game mod browser now displays information about the mods
  • Added the ability to disable tips about the shortcuts keys
  • Various other fixes
If you're on PC, you may want to continue playing on the older version of Spintires: MudRunner, so that your mods stay compatible. you use find the public branch ver_18_03_06 in your betas.

To access this, right-click Spintires: MudRunner, click properties, and then betas. In the drop-down menu, select "ver_18_03_06". This will give you the ability to play on the previous version of Spintires: MudRunner.

Community Update:
Now, onto what is coming in the future!

We're now continuing to work more fully on what is coming out in the next releases - which would be MudRunner USA and MudRunner Switch (both working titles). As such, it means that we won't have much new information to give in the next couple of months about what we're working on with Spintires: MudRunner, aside from just repeating the same announcements each week.

As we move to working more fully on these two releases, we don't want the community updates to just say the same thing over and over - so the plan for future updates will be to showcase cool things from the community! To do this, we will begin showing off the best maps that we find, cool vehicle mods, and other interesting creative works made by you! Should you see anything, or make anything, that you're proud of, please send us a link to it, we'd love to see it too!

Thank you, and as always, we'll talk to you soon!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/26557/spintires-mudrunner-july-community-update

Hello everybody!

Yes, it's that time again - time for the monthly community update, where we let you know what's going on in Spintires: MudRunner behind the scenes.

Firstly, let's start with a thank you! Spintires: MudRunner has sold over one million copies, and we're incredibly thankful to the community for helping us get to that breathtaking number. We wouldn't have gotten there without you!

Now, on to the meat and bones of this update.

In last months update, we told you about some of our favourite mods that we'd played in the office. This month, we'd like to tell you about the MudRunner USA expansion that we've been teasing for a little while.

So, to start - the name. MudRunner USA will actually be called American Wilds, and will be an expansion pack for Spintires: MudRunner, and will be coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch, at a to-be-announced date this fall.

American Wilds will come with many features that you have been asking for, including two new sandbox maps and licensed vehicles. We're not ready to announce what those vehicles are at this time, however, but we very much look forwards to introducing them to you!

Pricing wise, American Wilds will be available in two forms - you'll be able to buy it individually as an expansion pack, or as a full package with the original Spintires: MudRunner, in the Spintires: MudRunner - American Wilds edition. There will be more information about the pricing of this closer to release.

We don't have screenshots to show you of American Wilds at the moment, due to the fact that vehicles are still being worked on. Once we do have them, we'll show them to you here. We thank you for your patience with us on this.

Many thanks, and we look forwards to showing you more about American Wilds as time goes on!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/37742/announcing-free-dlc-old-timers

MudRunners, get ready to fire up your engines, because the Old-Timers DLC arrives on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch on April 30!

We’re delighted to announce this third free DLC for MudRunner. Explore the wild new map, the Rocky Hills behind the wheel of two new vehicles from the 1950s – the Chevrolet Napco 3100 (1957), and the GMC DW950 (1952-1954).

These grizzled old veterans can’t wait to show you what they’re made of. And who said you can’t teach old dogs new tricks? As a scout vehicle, the Chevy Napco 3100 brings two brand new attachments: the loaded cart log (exclusive to the Rocky Hills Map), and the scout trailer.

And if you're looking for versatility, look no further than the GMC DW950. The king of attachments, the GMC is able to equip a ton of different attachments to suit your needs.

Keep in mind that the Old-Timers DLC does not require the American Wilds expansion, but if you do have American Wilds, don’t forget to try the attachments from that on the new Old-Timers vehicles!

The Rocky Hills map continues to take inspiration from the American Wilderness, providing a beautifully raw region of rocks and pine where pickup trucks are truly in their element.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Top Bottom