• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Persona" YouTube clips getting hit by copyright claims from... a Russian actress?

When I dealt with this before I just made a counter claim and it was resolved pretty quickly. It just takes the owners of the videos to submit a response.
If you have time to fight back... multiple claims in a row can happen and if youre unaware .. the system will delete without any check

God forbid this Russian person try and take down Giant Bomb's Persona 4 Endurance Run. The shit would really hit the fan then.

But yeah, this is fucking ridiculous. YouTube's system is completely automated and the fact someone can totally wreck a section of YouTube over bullshit like this is shameful. YouTube needs to actually get some human fucking interaction on this copyright stuff instead of depending on their obviously flawed system.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Why am I not surprised that it's so seemingly easy to do this shit on Gootube.

Things of Google don't have a good reputation anymore with a lot of people for considering the user before sweeping and clearing.

magnetic

God forbid this Russian person try and take down Giant Bomb's Persona 4 Endurance Run. The shit would really hit the fan then.

But yeah, this is fucking ridiculous. YouTube's system is completely automated and the fact someone can totally wreck a section of YouTube over bullshit like this is shameful. YouTube needs to actually get some human fucking interaction on this copyright stuff instead of depending on their obviously flawed system.

This makes me wonder if somebody already tried to mess with some popular YouTube channels like this.

Then again, I assume that YouTube partner channels have to have some protection against such abuse. I somehow don't think PewDiePie or Annoying Orange videos would go down as easily as that.

So with the Megaten Soundtrack Apocalypse occurring, who will be the Law, Neutral and Chaos Hero of all this. Jeff Gerstmann for Chaos?

Fusebox

Banned
What kind of proof does she need to submit the claim? Can we start putting copyright claims against all of this chicks videos as a form of counter attack?

squall23

What kind of proof does she need to submit the claim? Can we start putting copyright claims against all of this chicks videos as a form of counter attack?
From an earlier discussion of video game clips on youtube, you pretty much need no proof to report someone for "copyright infringement".

Hell, there's this one douche who reports other people's videos for a game just so he's the only one on youtube that has them thus more ad revenue for him and he's not even the owner of the IP!

Despera

Banned
I wouldn't file a counter-notification if we're dealing with someone who doesn't seem to be legitimate as I've stated in the quote in the OP. It's about protecting your own identity first and foremost with respect to YT's bureaucratic way of dealing with this stuff. Years ago it used to be easier.

Everything about this is tricky now.
I countered the claims.

It's funny how rights to a Japanese property is being claimed by a Russian lady, and is now disputed by a Saudi dude (me) on an American website.

When are we ever gonna get along XD

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I countered the claims.

It's funny how rights to a Japanese property is being claimed by a Russian lady, and is now disputed by a Saudi dude (me) on an American website.

When are we ever gonna get along XD
Hmm... I see. Thanks for doing that. I'll be curious as to what the outcome of that will be now.

The Hiimdaisy comic dubs are down too.
Okay, that's going too far.

Hmm, thanks for the thread. I've unlisted all my Persona videos, though if she uses the Match ID feature it won't matter. Hopefully YouTube/Atlus check this out soon!

Fwew. I wouldn't doubt (not knowing YT policy intimately), that people who's accounts got nuked simply weren't active in them to respond like you and DMlol did. Because...

I tweeted @AtlusUSA about it, doubt it'll help.

...it's one thing to have those who have the copyrights to smash a channel using their work, (like how RPGmusic.org's channel got took down), but this isn't even theirs. I wonder how Atlus will handle it; I don't remember them being party to taking legal claims to this effect in the past (especially concerning the Endurance Run). If anything, they seem to treat it as free publicity. Even if they do though, would they stump for this nixing getting nixed?

BY ODIN'S BEARD! MY BLADE SHALL DRINK DEEP THIS DAY!!!

Seriously, this is getting stupid.

Emitan

michael-scott-no.gif

Now I saved the best version of every song I could find, but shit has gotten real for me when the songs of SMTIV, a game that has no legit game rip or ost yet, are removed.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Watch Game Grump being taken down because of that ONE CLIP of Persona they used in one of their Mario Party video.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I've never played a SMT or Persona but I know a lot of people who are gonna be pissed by this.

What the fuck is going on?

Squire

Banned

Get the fuck out of here..

A line has been crossed.

Okay, that's going too far.

BY ODIN'S BEARD! MY BLADE SHALL DRINK DEEP THIS DAY!!!

Seriously, this is getting stupid.

Well fuck.
Ef4nR4P.png

What kind of monster...

Pure fucking bullshit.

frnXxyM.gif

I WILL DESTROY EVERYONE RESPONSIBLE

That's it. This has to end. Now

Son of a bitch, what the hell?

Will they go after covers too, now? >.>

This lady doesn't know who she's messing with. She's clearly picked the wrong fan base to fuck with.

An-Det

That's really fucking random. Hopefully Atlus gets in touch with Google quickly to get this sorted out, since I doubt the person doing this is finished. Really sucks for all the people with their accounts now terminated, even if Atlus gets the person to stop I dont see Google restoring all of those.

Top Bottom