• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

cresto

Accident said:
You can't be in party chat while playing some playlists:

gamechat.jpg
I think that this is absolutely great! I really hate the party chats all together. This makes it fair for everyone. Great!

TTP said:
That's actually good news. Fuck the game-ruining party chatters.

Sorry if I do not wish to hear the many annoying people online. No party chat means I will just remove my mic or mute everyone. If you really think communication in online games with random people was ever good your memory is in bad shape.

bigGIRLSblouse said:
Sorry if I do not wish to hear the many annoying people online. No party chat means I will just remove my mic or mute everyone. If you really think communication in online games with random people was ever good your memory is in bad shape.

Seriously. This better not be for vanilla team deathmatch. I don't want to hear random people cursing, and screaming. I want to be in a group chat with my friends who may not even be PLAYING MW2. I don't want to have to talk OVER people actually trying to communicate in MW2, and I don't want to HEAR other people having a casual conversation when I'm playing for realz.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Net_Wrecker said:
Seriously. This better not be for vanilla team deathmatch. I don't want to hear random people cursing, and screaming. I want to be in a group chat with my friends who may not even be PLAYING MW2. I don't want to have to talk OVER people actually trying to communicate in MW2, and I don't want to HEAR other people having a casual conversation when I'm playing for realz.

Yeah. I always use party chat since I tend to bullshit a lot while playing with my friends. On top of that we don't speak english, so I guess that'd annoy the hell out of a lot of people in a general channel.

hgplayer1

I cant believe the amount of complaining about the chopper gun.

first of all cant you shoot the chopper down? I would imagine its probably easier to do than in MW1. The AI chopper in MW1 moved around a lot. If this chopper moves as much it will probably be tough for the guy aiming to make out targets. The guy in the vid did pretty well but its hard to tell if that will be typical.

Radar was up and that certainly made it way easier to target everyone. That was just lucky timing as it didnt seem the guy that got the chopper gunner activated radar also. If you notice before the fireworks began he died like 3 times just trying to get to the air drop and it was 10 seconds after that when he got his first kill with it.

The chopper in MW1 so many times would kill me through some impossibly small opening. I cant tell in the vid if this guy is getting kills by shooting at people inside buildings but if theres somewhere to take cover then it shouldnt be a problem.

if your team is stupid and doesnt recognize a chopper is up and take cover then yeah shit like this will happen no different than it could have in MW1. so whats the problem?

Tzeentch

Activision's lawyers are getting carpal tunnel sending out cease and desist orders. For all the good it's going to do. :lol

Mad Max

CrazedArabMan said:
Please tell me he is using a modded controller to shoot the barret that fast.

You can shoot it that fast without one in cod4, so I'm guessing he's just using a normal controller.

J-Rzez said:
What in the fuck is this rapid fire with the 50cal sniper shit in that vid? WOW. DW SMGs...

Have you people not played CoD4? I do that all the time :lol Steady aim + .50 Cal = Great for snipers

J-Rzez

Net_Wrecker said:
Have you people not played CoD4? I do that all the time :lol Steady aim + .50 Cal = Great for snipers

It's been a long long time since I last played that I guess since I don't recall that. Either that or I never tried it nor saw it done. I'm going to have to fire it up tonight.

Az

ok what the fuck happened to the MP?? 90% of the people on my friends list are die hard COD4 players and thats all the play, I don't see them sticking around with all these changes.

J-Rzez

CrazedArabMan said:
Don't know if this was posted yet,

All perks and weapons vid, watch it before it gets taken down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N2EvGejomk

After looking at the stats, it seems pointless to upgrade your sniper from a Barrett to anything else.

Yeah, it's certainly an odd way of leveling in this game. Doesn't make much sense at all to be honest. Looks like there's a sawed off shotgun in there too, of all things. I'll have to see a complete list of weapons, including whatever's unlocked in prestige modes (iirc you unlock some weapons in there).

Mad Max

CrazedArabMan said:
After looking at the stats, it seems pointless to upgrade your sniper from a Barrett to anything else.

I don't think you can put a silencer on the barrett, so that might be a reason to use another rifle.

Mad Max said:
I don't think you can put a silencer on the barrett, so that might be a reason to use another rifle.

Totally forgot about those addons, too bad he didn't show those in that vid.

I also forgot about the deathstreaks, and martyrdom is one of them.

yeah this really sounds like a mess. at this point i don't even think the $20 in credit from amazon will be enough to entice me into a purchase.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
hgplayer1 said:
I cant believe the amount of complaining about the chopper gun.

first of all cant you shoot the chopper down? I would imagine its probably easier to do than in MW1. The AI chopper in MW1 moved around a lot. If this chopper moves as much it will probably be tough for the guy aiming to make out targets. The guy in the vid did pretty well but its hard to tell if that will be typical.

Radar was up and that certainly made it way easier to target everyone. That was just lucky timing as it didnt seem the guy that got the chopper gunner activated radar also. If you notice before the fireworks began he died like 3 times just trying to get to the air drop and it was 10 seconds after that when he got his first kill with it.

The chopper in MW1 so many times would kill me through some impossibly small opening. I cant tell in the vid if this guy is getting kills by shooting at people inside buildings but if theres somewhere to take cover then it shouldnt be a problem.

if your team is stupid and doesnt recognize a chopper is up and take cover then yeah shit like this will happen no different than it could have in MW1. so whats the problem?

BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
moai said:
so gaf backlash is in full force and the game isn't even out :lol
just wow.

It's hard to see stuff like helicopters gunning down a bunch of people after getting 4 kills then seeing a nuke that ends the match instantly and still feel confident that this game will remain balanced at all. I don't find it very enjoyable to have to avoid shit flying from the sky for the whole match.

Archie said:
Chopper kills don't count towards the nuke streak, right?

They don't, but I'd image while someone is in the chopper that it'd be easier to pick people off for the guys on the ground to work towards that.

cresto

CrazedArabMan said:
Here's another one, if you guys didn't like the helicopter, your probably not going to like the C130 also, its near the end of this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY-C8sQatEU&feature=related
That just seems like there is no way to get out of being destroyed by that sort of thing. I can see that 25 kill streak nuke come easy with something like the AC130...

Game is starting to look like a cluster fuck lol. Thank heavens for hardcore game types.

Justin

Papercuts said:
It's hard to see stuff like helicopters gunning down a bunch of people after getting 4 kills then seeing a nuke that ends the match instantly and still feel confident that this game will remain balanced at all. I don't find it very enjoyable to have to avoid shit flying from the sky for the whole match.

Helicopters gunned down a bunch of people in the first one.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Justin said:
Helicopters gunned down a bunch of people in the first one.

Yeah, and they were annoying. Atleast that was just the AI though, an actual person is much worse.

One disadvantage to a player controlled helicopter I can see is that it might count as a kill and end your kill streak if someone shoots it down.

Fuck I need to stop reading this thread. Too many things being talked about outside of spoiler tags for my liking!

I just pre-ordered it. £45. It's quite depressing I'm paying more than £40 for a game for the first time in... God knows how many years, but there ya go. Activison know they can rape me over Call of Duty :)

Top Bottom