• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now I've seen/heard it all. Flat-Earth theory, really? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my best friends in HS was awesome, nice, driven, played alongside me on the football team. He was a cool, funny dude. Kind of dumb, but harmlessly so.

Occasionally, in the last few years, I'd see people post weird shit on his wall about illuminati banks or some shit. So this thread made me interested in checking out to see what his latest thing was.

Second thing on his wall was some conspiracy posted by someone he knew, with this as a comment from a different friend:

gO3EZTr.png

Kyzer

Banned
Wait a second... with the sheer amount of conspiracy theories out there, looking at it mathematically...one of them has to be true, right Gaf? But which one is it, that should be main question for the rest of this century and the main purpose of this message board.

Systemic oppression of minorities and drug control in the ghettos.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Wait a second... with the sheer amount of conspiracy theories out there, looking at it mathematically...one of them has to be true, right Gaf? But which one is it, that should be main question for the rest of this century and the main purpose of this message board.

Conspiracy's are real and happened through out history and several happen today. However conspiracy theorists are never the ones to uncover the truth on those conspiracy's. Those would be reporters and whistle blowers and others actually working to uncover the truth. Conspiracy theorists just parrot the same stupid bull shit they saw on youtube or read on facebook. They don't uncover anything except how stupid they can really and truly get.

Markoman

One of the funniest lines in one of those videos was when an interviewer asked one of the flat-earthers how NASA was able to fake all the pictures.

The guy brings up this very plausible explanation how the NASA was basically founded by Nazi scientists, mentioning von Braun and Oppenheimer, ahahahah

Yes, once you start with the crazy shit you have to stay consequent I guess

One of my best friends in HS was awesome, nice, driven, played alongside me on the football team. He was a cool, funny dude. Kind of dumb, but harmlessly so.

Occasionally, in the last few years, I'd see people post weird shit on his wall about illuminati banks or some shit. So this thread made me interested in checking out to see what his latest thing was.

Second thing on his wall was some conspiracy posted by someone he knew, with this as a comment from a different friend:

gO3EZTr.png

Kermit-Calls-For-Help-As-He-Passes-Out-In-a-Creepy-3D-Animation.gif

Shadybiz

How is your first day of Internet going, OP??

But yeah, it's still a thing in the 21st century, and it's freakin' frightening.

gO3EZTr.png

So we did exactly what he said, more or less, taking photos from space, but those are CGI?

Wow

Shadybiz

Stuff like this makes me think the world is getting dumber.

I THINK I read somewhere that it's mostly people here in the U.S. that believe this.

Good thing our federal standards for education might be lowered eventually...surely the ability to think critically won't suffer at all.

Markoman

Lol that's pretty good.

Hey Acorn, when is our next big meeting? Grandmaster elections, right?
Kudos to Grandmaster Yargush who has predicted 20 years ago that one day our secret Gorilla society will be able to operate freely in front of the public without raising any suspicion. Thank you Internet!

Not

Banned
Stuff like this makes me think the world is getting dumber.

Nah. It's most likely just a short-term societal growing pain in direct response to the Internet.

Please

why is flat earth having such a huge resurgence anyways

Other people's perspectives and views are now at their front door thanks to the web-- they used to be far away. So they're doubling down due to intimidation.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Maybe the ones that deal with the species propensity to ignore corruption until it too late or has done considerable damage. Anything with corruption or child molesting is real, yet don't expect them to be resolved anytime soon.

Most of the conspiracies you will ever find on the web are distractions for people who largely know they shouldn't trust the world but no real reason why.

Pedrito

In all good conspiracy theories, nefarious forces are benefiting somehow. Here, what's to gain by hiding the fact that the Earth is flat? Or, in conspiracy language: Cui bono? Soros? Big-spherical Earth?

Tubobutts

In all good conspiracy theories, nefarious forces are benefiting somehow. Here, what's to gain by hiding the fact that the Earth is flat? Or, in conspiracy language: Cui bono? Soros? Big-spherical Earth?
The globe makers. Also known as globalists.

I met a flat earther once. I just told him "If you can take me to the edge of the world I'll jump off it"

I'm still waiting on the offer.

ErichWK

You would think if this existed there would be some sort of video proof of this existing. How do they explain no proof ever being documented

LakeEarth

Also most conspiracies involve a small amount of conspirators, a couple thousand tops. The flat earth conspiracy would require tens of millions of people to be in on it for it to work.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Also most conspiracies involve a small amount of conspirators, a couple thousand tops. The flat earth conspiracy would require tens of millions of people to be in on it for it to work.

A conspiracy only requires two people. I'd guess that at least half involve five or less people. And probably 99% are quite mundane.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm just sitting here imagining the dinosaurs being flung into space...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom