• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Type Pokemon confirmed by leak informations

Village

k1BZ1nE.jpg

I miss him :(

So basically, according to the leak:
Fairies will be immune to Dragon attacks.

Fairies types will be weak to Poison and Steel attacks.

Fairy attacks will be strong against Fighting, Dragons and Dark.

Fairy attacks will be resisted by Fire and Psychic.

Seems like it will be a really great special wall typing

EulaCapra

If anything, Fairy should be super effective against Steel and not the other way around. Damn Steel types getting up in everyone's business.

I hoped that meek Grass would be resistant to Fairy and not Fire.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Well I'll be damned, they're actually shaking types up.

Props to Gamefreak.

Now, I hope that Fire/Psychic aspect is true, I'm so damn sick of Fire/Fighting starters. Blaziken was the only cool one, imo.

Cromat

In terms of balance Fairy type looks really good. Poison needed this, and Dragons could use a bit of a downgrade.

Blissey is back with a vengeance?

They're going to replace Join Avenue (since GameFreak loves to remove awesome features) and give us tedious minigames to EV our Pokemon? Two hours to max out a stat? I can max out everything in like 5 minutes with the JA. Fuck.

Being able to see the EVs without any outside help would be a nice touch though. Could also educate more people about how stats work.

They're going to replace Join Avenue (since GameFreak loves to remove awesome features) and give us tedious minigames to EV our Pokemon? Two hours to max out a stat? I can max out everything in like 5 minutes with the JA. Fuck.

Being able to see the EVs without any outside help would be a nice touch though. Could also educate more people about how stats work.

I actually do hope they don't get rid of Join Avenue. It's a great idea and this will be the first game where the system actually has something that would make it work so much better. I mean Join Avenue was practically made for StreetPass.

Odd how they would go with Patrice as the prof. name. I liked the tradition of every proffesor name being based off of a tree.

Pa-tree!

If the Dragon immunity for Fairy types is true, then maybe we'll see less Drag(Mag) spam. The power creep over the past two gens has been a little ridiculous.

Odd how they would go with Patrice as the prof. name. I liked the tradition of every proffesor name being based off of a tree.
Innovation!

gosox333

I wish they'd do something to make IV's more visible. EV's you can manually track down if you have to, IV's need you getting on the internet and doing a whole bunch of stuff. So annoying.

I kind of wonder how dual-type attacks would be affected by STAB.

Also, being able to view EV's in-game would be nice to a point, but IV's would be more useful.

Maybe it's the same, but if the pokemon has both types it gets a double STAB
But would it be additive or multiplicative?

If I have Weavile using a Dark/Ice-type attack with 90 base power, would its new base damage be 180 (additive) or 202 (multiplicative)? It's a significant difference that would only be exacerbated by stronger attacks. If it were multiplicative, I feel like dual-type moves would need to be typically weaker by default than single-type attacks for balance.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
But would it be additive or multiplicative?

If I have Weavile using a Dark/Ice-type attack with 90 base power, would its new base damage be 180 (additive) or 202 (multiplicative)? It's a significant difference that would only be exacerbated by stronger attacks. If it were multiplicative, I feel like dual-type moves would need to be typically weaker by default than single-type attacks for balance.

It would be Multiplicative as that's just how things have always worked.

It would be Multiplicative as that's just how things have always worked.
That's what I was thinking too, and that could lead to a lot of potential insanity. I feel like it would create a rift in the metagame, depending on what kind of variety these moves appear with.

Anything that speeds up the EV training process and allows more control over it = godlike, so I hope this comes in addition to Join Avenue and not in replacement of it.

PK Gaming

It had to be done.

Oh sure, I agree.

But an immunity? Dragon-types won't be able to do squat until your opponents Fairy types are out of the way. Even worse, is that Dragons have like 0 coverage moves for those Fairy types. If executed correctly, Dragon-types will take a massive nerf. If executed poorly, they'll end up being flat out unviable.

Oh sure, I agree.

But an immunity? Dragon-types won't be able to do squat until your opponents Fairy types are out of the way. Even worse, is that Dragons have like 0 coverage moves for those Fairy types. If executed correctly, Dragon-types will take a massive nerf. If executed poorly, they'll end up being flat out unviable.

All them Dragons is gonna be carrying Steel Wing/Iron Tail now!

Oh sure, I agree.

The wait begins to see if Togekiss is fairy-type.

Busaiku

Most Dragons can learn Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, etc.
Besides Blissey (if it changes), I doubt they'd have much trouble.

Top Bottom