• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

For the free DLC.. I downloaded it.. how does it show up? I didnt notice any quests showing up in my list. Do you have to find them in the world?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
wyusmf.jpg

Yen's great.

Galaxy says I only put in 160 hours so far. Games have no value anymore, I swear. Should have been a $2.99 budget day zero steam flash daily sale. Still would have refunded, mate.

Oh, she's like that in the books too.
I guess it comes from her past as a hunchback. But her first appearence is tricking Geralt in doing something to throw him in jail and face possible execution.... just to send him a way out right after. And then more or less letting go of her chance of capturing the djinn to save him, even though she didn't know him then.

But maybe it's just me watching too much animes with tsundere characters.
Absolutely!

Although you might be right about the tsundere characters! :p

Yea, I feel like seeing her as a cold, bitter individual comes off as one-sided and looking at her through a narrow scope. I think she's very likable. She can be manipulative, she can be secretive, but ultimately she has reasons and like you said, she's not out to hurt anyone. Her feelings for Geralt are real and I love that CPDR showed that well in the game, from their intimate moments to moments of jealousy over Triss to moments of fearing for Geralt and Ciri's safety.

The way she squealed when she saw Ciri again was really heartfelt. Probably one of the best female characters in games in my opinion.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's something that really develops very well later into the game... however, I think the romance option of her's should be after you get a better idea of what you just mentioned and I felt the romance option happens... and then you realize all this. (should I spoiler tag that?)

Completely agree with this - her character and relationship with Geralt really blossoms in the later stages of the game.

I like both girls but as a newcomer to the series I definitely felt like Yennifer was pushed as the "right" choice... though I really enjoyed Triss as a character.

Ridesh

Banned
I've been playing since the release.

I'm close to the end now I think
killed 2 of the ladies of the wood and Imlerith last night.

This game has dethroned RE4 as the best game I've ever played, everything since
arriving Kaer Morhen
has been ridiculously good.

So many questions after finishing the game, I would have liked a longer epilogue ...
Ended up with only level 35, even though I did almost 100% the game, 176 hrs

ENDING SPOILERS

What happened with the White Frost? Did Ciri "fix it" or put it on hold?

What happened to Avallac'h after the end? He isn't at his lab

What happened to Saskia or other major characters from W2?

Majestad

Banned
I just finished the Witches part of the game (the section after you control Ciri for a brief time). Wow, I don't know if I made the right decision.

Can somebody tell me, without spoiling things too much, what happens if you help the
spirit under the tree? What happens with the kids?

I betrayed the spirit and when I returned the disgusting ass witches seems to have eaten the kids

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I just finished the Witches part of the game (the section after you control Ciri for a brief time). Wow, I don't know if I made the right decision.

Can somebody tell me, without spoiling things too much, what happens if you help the

I betrayed the spirit and when I returned the disgusting ass witches seems to have eaten the kids

No decision ends well, but not to spoil directly, you did the somewhat better route. its kind of a lose-lose scenario for some in that decision.

Posted again because OT2 just ended...

So just finished the story... Got one of the "Good" endings but apparently not the "Best Ending"

ENDING SPOILERS:

So just finished up the main quest. Damn, what a ride. Got the ending where Ciri decides to become a Witcher, Temeria is restored (Kinda) because fuck Radovid, Skellige prospers under Cerys and Geralt goes to Kovir with Triss because my Geralt is whipped as fuck and will do anything Goddess Triss tells him too.

I think I missed the "best" ending because I never took Ciri to see the Emperor in Vizima because I thought going straight to Velen WAS the good choice because it's what Ciri wanted. Well, going to play it again so there's always next time.

I do have to say, when Geralt said Ciri was dead I damn near had a heart attack, didn't think it was a ruse until I got that sword from Master Ort and saw it had no stats, thought that was weird. Then as soon I saw the hooded person at the inn I was very relieved.

Def a Top 3 game of all time for me.

Also, I finished the entire game without winning a single game of Gwent because I suck.

ENDING SPOILERS:

I think I missed the "best" ending because I never took Ciri to see the Emperor in Vizima because I thought going straight to Velen WAS the good choice because it's what Ciri wanted. Well, going to play it again so there's always next time.
If you go there and answer another choice a certain way, it's kinda cute.

Glad to see yet another person who enjoyed it! :)

Älg

If you help the spirit she saves the kids, but then proceeds to fuck some other shit up. Whether you choose the save it or not also has some further reaching consequences later in the game that I won't spoil for you.
There's a book in the game that reveals who it is (Maybe spoilers):
It's the Crones' mother

Älg

So just finished the story... Got one of the "Good" endings but apparently not the "Best Ending"

ENDING SPOILERS:

So just finished up the main quest. Damn, what a ride. Got the ending where Ciri decides to become a Witcher, Temeria is restored (Kinda) because fuck Radovid, Skellige prospers under Cerys and Geralt goes to Kovir with Triss because my Geralt is whipped as fuck and will do anything Goddess Triss tells him too.

I do have to say, when Geralt said Ciri was dead I damn near had a heart attack, didn't think it was a ruse until I got that sword from Master Ort and saw it had no stats, thought that was weird. Then as soon I saw the hooded person at the inn I was very relieved.

Also, I finished the entire game without winning a single game of Gwent because I suck.

I swear to god my heart dropped when Geralt said that she was dead. I still wasn't sure when I saw the hooded person in the inn (I thought it was Yennefer at first). When they revealed her I face I was, like, punching the air and shit, making happy faces and talking to myself. Felt nerdy as fuck.

What a fucking game. Definitely one of the best of all time.

Jisgsaw

ENDING SPOILERS:

It's debatable which is the better ending.
If you "never took Ciri to see the Emperor in Vizima because I thought going straight to Velen WAS the good choice because it's what Ciri wanted", then I'd say you had the best ending.

aku:jiki

It's debatable which is the better ending.
If you "never took Ciri to see the Emperor in Vizima because I thought going straight to Velen WAS the good choice because it's what Ciri wanted", then I'd say you had the best ending.
I'm on team best ending for that one. The other good one just doesn't feel right for the characters.

Man, this game is sooo good. I am having obscene amount of fun with the Witcher Contract and Treasure hunts; They feel like monster of the week episodes.

ENDING SPOILERS:

Why don't you think that's the best ending?

JustinBB7

Batman is fun so far, but more of the same so far. (at around 8 hours or so now)

Witcher 3 will be hard to beat for GOTY for me, don't think Fallout 4 will do it either.

Chipotle

Has anyone had boats just refuse to move? Is there a way of fixing it? Only happened to me today in that town north of Fyke Island. Not sure if it's a bug or some thing with the wind I've not noticed.

Haunted

ENDING SPOILERS:

Just for your consideration, I don't think the Ciri as empress ending should be seen as the "best", I personally think it's actually not a fitting ending at all, it doesn't fit the person Ciri was in my game at all. But I can see the argument for other people that it can be considered as good as the others. But "better" or "best"? Ridiculous. Just like the Yen/Triss/solo options for Geralt, they're just different outcomes that everyone can value subjectively, but to try and reduce them to "bad/good/best" doesn't do them justice.

So don't let others tell you what the "best" ending is supposed to be, there are none in this game as far as I'm concerned (and that's a good thing).

I've been staying out of these threads to avoid spoilers, just popping my head in to say I fucking love this game. I loved the first game, second one kinda disappointed me, but this is just insanely good.
I'm still in (what I've seen people refer to as) Act 1, just hoping the game holds up for the rest.

One thing that's really bugging me about not owning the game on Steam is having no way to track my time played. I wish they'd fix the broken in-game timer.

Majestad

Banned
Älg;169814150 said:
If you help the spirit she saves the kids, but then proceeds to fuck some other shit up. Whether you choose the save it or not also has some further reaching consequences later in the game that I won't spoil for you.
There's a book in the game that reveals who it is (Maybe spoilers):
It's the Crones' mother

That's interesting. Well, I would def what will happen in the future...

Top Bottom