• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioMutant - Announcement Trailer (from ex-Just Cause/Mad Max Devs)

vypek

Still interested and hoping we get some more details soon.

Ex-Just Cause/Mad Max means its people who departed the Sweden team, right?

Keasar

Like the aesthetic they're going for

Looks pretty customizable if this is also the player character

Going by the product description, that is one of the controllable mechs.

The screenshots maybe isn't super high-fidelity rock-textures and stuff but I would love to see more, especially in movement now.

Coreda

I'm interested in some of the screenshots that have come out but man that was a really bad and uninteresting trailer.

Pretty much. Characters in screenshots look kinda cool. I'd be up for a decent mid-tier action adventure with animals.

drotahorror

If it's anywhere near as good Mad Max it'll be amazing. Not loving the protagonist design (if that's what that is) but it could grow on me, especially with the mutations, maybe I can make the creature look like some sort of awful looking monster.

The screens look nice, I hate CG trailers though.

UFO's, jetskis and mechs sounds dope. Sounds as if they game will feature a lot of customization.

J-Skee

I REALLY hope this is better optimized than Just Cause 3. Otherwise, I know they make good open works games. I want them to get crazy as hell with this. Just need to see gameplay to solidify a pre-order purchase.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Was hyped, then saw some of the fucking worst screenshots ever capped. Why present your game that way? Why?!

BigEmil

I REALLY hope this is better optimized than Just Cause 3. Otherwise, I know they make good open works games. I want them to get crazy as hell with this. Just need to see gameplay to solidify a pre-order purchase.
These are ex-devs from both of the companies none of them worked on Just Cause 3 and this time i doubt they would outsource console ports to another bad company so it should be good

Already love the hero, the art direction and the graphics of the game, yeah, even in those first screenshots. Give me that gameplay now and possible day one if it looks fun.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Totally interested. Bet the game looks quite good when you remove that terrible and shitty sharpening filter

emb

Anyone else get a strong Horizon vibe from this box art?

DHwNDjbUIAEm7A0.jpg

I was scrolling through my Twitter feed and thought it was some kind of weird joke DLC for Horizon. The font and the color scheme definitely put that game on my mind, but I guess they really aren't that similar/unique.

KORNdoggy

aside from a super uninspired title...it sounds really cool. i'm anticipating a framerate about about 3 with no attempt to improve it post launch...seeing as it's the just cause developers lol

Whoa. Screenshots speak louder than CG. This looks amazing, looking out for this. Not a big fan of Just Cause though. I will see if it is not too similar.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Anyone else get a strong Horizon vibe from this box art?

DHwNDjbUIAEm7A0.jpg

I was scrolling through my Twitter feed and thought it was some kind of weird joke DLC for Horizon. The font and the color scheme definitely put that game on my mind, but I guess they really aren't that similar/unique.

The font is Horizon, the Raccoon looks like Guts

Got interested as soon as I saw ex just cause devs. If they can replicate that awesome movement / free flow with some cool platforming / action it could be amazing.

Already love the setting (like a darker kung fu panda)

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
In the image for the product description, where it says -

"exploration of three systematically generated worlds"

Does that mean it's randomly/procedurally generated?

Top Bottom