• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

Trailer isn't even spoiler heavy go check it out

Pachimari

I forgot all about God of War 1 and 2 being on PS3. Now I'm contemplating playing those before I start my run on God of War 3: Remastered.

Noctix

I wish we'd get a God of War Collection on PS4. I'd love to play through them all again before jumping into the new one when it releases.

So much this. I wish Bluepoint would've remastered GoW1-3 in a collection for PS4. :( 4k God of War 1 & 2 would've amazing ...

RSchmitz

The weirdest thing about GoW3 is that it was only 3.
If it was 3 and Ascension it would have been better imo. Then we´d need only a port of the ps3 collection.

IIRC there was a rumor that Ascension was supposed to be remastered with 3 but it was canned.

The weirdest thing about GoW3 is that it was only 3.
If it was 3 and Ascension it would have been better imo. Then we´d need only a port of the ps3 collection.

IIRC there was a rumor that Ascension was supposed to be remastered with 3 but it was canned.

I'm totally with you. Even though GOW3 won't perform as well on a PS3, I'd rather buy the GOW Saga on PS3 which gives you everything except Ascension, which I don't care about.

You guys think it's safe to assume we won't see a new Ratchet & Clank until Insomniac is done with Spiderman?

Maybe? Seems to be an important title for Sony...Just posted this in the NPD thread, but they are really going to push Spider-man next year it seems. And going by the reaction so far, it could be a huge Uncharted/GOW/GT level title for Sony. Pretty big exclusive to grab honestly, those movie rights really paying off.
https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/21/so...ole-sales-by-bringing-new-people-into-gaming/

Which Japan Studio team though? TLG and GR2 might be too soon imo. Are TLG devs still a team or what?
Hopefully they figure a way to keep making Ueda games.

if i had to guess?
Toyamas new Project
i don't know tough, im not really sure how the Teams at Japan Studio are structured

yoshida mentioned in 2015 that he saw and played Japan Studios & Sucker Punch new Games.
so next year its about time to show those projects imo (tough Sucker Punch is a safe bet)

RSchmitz

if i had to guess?
Toyamas new Project
i don't know tough, im not really sure how the Teams at Japan Studio are structured

yoshida mentioned in 2015 that he saw and played Japan Studios & Sucker Punch new Games.
so next year its about time to show those projects imo (tough Sucker Punch is a safe bet)

By 2015 GR2 had not been completely revealed. I think it was revealed at TGS that year, he was probably talking about that.
Japan Studio is a wild card, really hard to tell what´s going on there. That´s why I´d love another one of those interviews like kotaku did.

As for SP sure it´s time.

The God

if i had to guess?
Toyamas new Project

How do we know he wasn't talking about knack 2?

By 2015 GR2 had not been completely revealed. I think it was revealed at TGS that year, he was probably talking about that.
Japan Studio is a wild card, really hard to tell what´s going on there. That´s why I´d love another one of those interviews like kotaku did.

As for SP sure it´s time.

he mentioned project gravity in the same interview tough - so that can't be it

And this is just my perception, but i don't think you talk that secretive about a project and hype it up if its knack....xD

so i updated the OP again with some minor changes & updated informations

Also i decided to create another section (first Post -> First Party Studios - Second Post -> SCE Games by Third Party --> Third Post different Collaborations)

i dedicate that post for the China Hero Project if you guys are ok with it.

d672d3-1498776959.png

The China Hero Project was initiated in mid-2016 in order to locate and support developers with creativity and the ability to accomplish ”remarkable content" for the PlayStation family. Over 400 product plans or demos have been provided during the registration period, but only 10 of them reached the end of the project.
These titles, which were announced at the press conference, ”represent the current highest level of Chinese developers in different dimensions."
Some titles, including the PlayStation VR-based The Walker from Haymaker and action game Lost Soul Aside from UltiZero Games, are already in the final stage of development. Half of the announced titles support PlayStation VR.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/03/playstat...-soul-aside-code-hardcore#72lxZGrOhBSDxk3R.99

465a8a-1498689324.png
9fa3e2-1498690224.png

f40360-1498691544.png
240241-1498691536.png
4ed123-1498763499.png
19f1f4-1498763491.png
c84c0e-1498763473.png
ac32cc-1498763480.png
f61cb8-1498763461.png

wapplew

Good for raising awareness.
Some of those China hero projects was happening for other platform before Sony involvement, SIE China role here just to help and support them put their game on PS4/PSVR.

Some titles, including the PlayStation VR-based The Walker from Haymaker and action game Lost Soul Aside from UltiZero Games, are already in the final stage of development.

This section is interesting because they're so far along but there has been no marketing/formal announcement (outside of this).

with these games in the final stages of development could these two games be part of the latter 2017 announced games yoshida was talking about.

This section is interesting because they're so far along but there has been no marketing/formal announcement (outside of this).

with these games in the final stages of development could these two games be part of the latter 2017 announced games yoshida was talking about.
Lost souls aside Creator bing said he's shooting for 2018 doubt that changed

Is Sony doing the publishing because if I recall he also said he at least wanted to release on Pc?

the game will be time exclusive on Ps4

Hey friends, I got some messages asking about the progress, actually I have got support from Sony and will work on it with some other devs.
So there will be a time exclusive on PS4, and there will be multi weapons, will try to finish the game in 2018, thank you.

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...side-timed-ps4-exclusive/#drMO3jXo7TDKuABM.99

RSchmitz

IGN First great interview about Japan Studio
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/30/how-playstationas-japan-studio-stands-out-a-ign-first

While he didn't name any specific projects, Becker did hint that plenty of new games are in the works with new technology in mind. ”Without having to state too much more, with Gravity Rush 2 finishing up and The Last Guardian finishing up, we reached this big milestone within Japan Studio, and so finally we feel like we're free to do new things," he said. ”We're going to finish up Knack 2 as well, so, as for the internal team, they're much more freed up, so we are thinking about starting up several new titles."

Shin-Ra

“Any new title, concept, or project that the Japan Studio starts is in a unique position. We cannot compete directly with big teams in the U.S. or Europe in the same genres,” Yoshida said. “So the Japanese developers have to find their own niche, and that becomes the killer features for some games that Western developers cannot match. I think we are in a really good time again in the PS4 generation, so anywhere in the world you can enjoy big triple-A Western games or some unique interesting Japanese games, and they can come out throughout the year.”
👌🏼
Still, Yoshida said that PS4’s huge success has helped Japanese games find more popularity in Western markets, which has helped make it easier to justify maintaining a major Japanese development presence. “Many developers in Japan try to copy what seems to be popular outside of Japan, but it’s not authentic. What the fans of Japanese games outside of Japan want is a really authentic Japanese game, and that works very well,” he explained.

“I think it’s a difference in culture,” Becker said. “Humans are basically all the same, but when you have such a difference in culture, these emotions and thoughts go through this filter and get a certain form or shape.”

China Hero Project looks very promising. Would be great if the project/titles got promotion at this years TGS & PSX. Could lead to some great new exclusives for Sony.

That list... that's some quality stuff right there. First party alone is impressive, but add collabs and it's clear Sony really has first party locked down very well.

I'm getting a bit worried about the Dreams radio silence, though. They were so far along last year when they were streaming weekly. It all felt very much beta quality. I'm wondering what kind of a retooling could warrant this much of a delay. Is it going through some kind of QA hell? That's about the only thing I could come up with as a plausible explanation. That all the creation tools, logic and ambition are way over-reaching and that it all falls apart when you give it to creators who manage to break it all the time.

Hopefully it's something else, but I'm losing faith.

China Hero Project looks very promising. Would be great if the project/titles got promotion at this years TGS & PSX. Could lead to some great new exclusives for Sony.

I can definitely see a western announcement of a few of them at PSX. Maybe even a shadowdrop of one of them. TGS I have no idea because I'm not sure of the relationship between China and Japan.

On a different subject, I think Sony will have a conference in Europe this year. Even with the hour long pre-show at E3, they didn't show a whole lot. I think they'll try to win back some indie love by showing a bunch of European developed games. I'd expect little first party stuff. Depending on if it's Gamescom or PGW, I can see the gameplay reveal of Horizon DLC being a big deal. Dreams is a possibility, although I wouldn't put a ton of hope on it. GT Sport I think would be a lock, as well as WiLD unless it's in development hell.

Nice.

In the video they posted on youtube, Shu's got a bunch of collectibles like the Bloodborne and TLG figure/models on the table and Kat on the wall (and her gorgeous Hdge figure) in that room. :)

Yeah, that was a great post to get them more attention. It'd be great if Sony continues to give them some promotion as they keep developing.

Wozman23

You guys think it's safe to assume we won't see a new Ratchet & Clank until Insomniac is done with Spiderman?

I wouldn't doubt they've been working on it since the successful launch of the reimagine. I was hoping for an announce at E3.

Hopefully the things they learned from getting the last game up and running on the PS4 will help shorten the development time on the next entry. I'm optimistic that we could see something new after a 2-3 year development cycle, but I also know they're throwing a lot a Spider-Man.

Regardless of when it come, I hope it's a completely new story, maybe with trilogy potential.

I'm still confused even reading that what the China Hero Project is. =(

We don't know the scale of it, but it's basically something like an initiative where a platform holder identifies and signs several third-party games to give them sizable support, in marketing, ancillary funding, dev support, etc in exchange for either full, console or timed exclusivity.

But whatever support is given isn't to the extent that it's a first-party investment. It's still a 3rd-party game, and some of the games in the CHP are already partially through development before they signed on the project.

I would think of CHP basically in the same veins as Street Fighter V, Rise of Tomb Raider, Cuphead, No Man's Sky kind of deals/support.

FelipeMGM

I'm still confused even reading that what the China Hero Project is. =(

Its a program where SIE Shanghai together with middleware partners like EPIC, Unity, Silicon Studio. CRIWare and others, helps chinese developers bring their games to PS4 and PSVR and improve their expertise with console development. Some of these games are even out on PC over there already and the middleware companies help them port them to consoles offering assitance in stuff like QA and certification

They also have partnered with Whiz Asia to offer assistance with fund raising, management tips, business plans and other stuff centered on this side of development.

The goal is to help Chinese devs ship blockbuster games, that could appeal to a worldwide audience and also grow the Chinese console development scene to higher standards of quality

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I hope we see something from Sony Japan involving:

003.jpg

Such an underrated game. Also, how about a new Trash Panic? lol

gmid-109-game-ss-3

Dude I want to inform you that this post probably killed my left ear.
I was scrolling this thread when my girlfriend sawthis post and screamed "it's a new tokyo jungle" at 20 cm of my left ear which feel numb now.

And we're both sad a new Tokyo Jungle 2 is not announced yet.

Its a program where SIE Shanghai together with middleware partners like EPIC, Unity, Silicon Studio. CRIWare and others, helps chinese developers bring their games to PS4 and PSVR and improve their expertise with console development. Some of these games are even out on PC over there already and the middleware companies help them port them to consoles offering assitance in stuff like QA and certification

They also have partnered with Whiz Asia to offer assistance with fund raising, management tips, business plans and other stuff centered on this side of development.

The goal is to help Chinese devs ship blockbuster games, that could appeal to a worldwide audience and also grow the Chinese console development scene to higher standards of quality

Have they mentioned developing first party studios? (though this is the early stages)

Top Bottom