• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine S4 |OT| Go To Hell, Larry - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodstyle

I wouldn't have minded Boyle with Rosa or Gina. It such an odd pairing either way that I would think it's hilarious. Actually probably prefer him with Gina.

Jake and Rosa have a good chemistry but I like them as buddy cop duo instead of romantic couple.

I'll agree to the Boyle and Gina thing. Would have been great.

Dereck

Jordan Peele!

EDIT:

Guess we're all a little clumsy.

Yes indeed, I stepped on my omelette this morning.

Bring some Coke.

Oh, so you mean hard, hard?

8yejGuy.png

big ander

first ep was great, fine example of the hot streak the show went on this season

second ep it was so obvious they were going to end up in jail somehow and jake's buffoonery crossed over into plain shrillness while everything played out. don't see how this could be a good choice at all, just means the first six eps will be getting them out of jail or something before we get back to the actual good show.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm not a big fan of these longer arcs with overly-complicated police conspiracies (for a comedy) that generally require the characters to be dumb. But there were some funny gags here and there. I feel like they keep chasing the S1/S2 overlapping arc with Jake going undercover, but that whole story was fairly straightforward and quick. Since then, they keep upping the ante and it gets stupid.

Quick

Banned
Kinda ends like season 3 did with the cliffhanger and Jake being in trouble, which will probably get wrapped up in the first couple of episodes next season.

But overall that was pretty damn funny. Stephanie Beatriz playing around a little with the disguise was good stuff.

That long break kinda killed the momentum on this part of the season, even though the show just ran through its last set of episodes, I think there was less of an impact just based on the gap from the first half.

Hope we don't get another huge gap next season (holidays aside)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pretty solid finale, though not as good as last weeks' episodes. Love that Gina wants to name her baby 'The Enigma' if it's a girl.

Very disappointing finale. Jake was so fucking annoying in these episodes I'm glad what happened to him.

Boyles and Gina's separate story lines sucked.

The only thing I liked was the Holt Diaz moments and Raffi's appearance.

A bit pissed that if the show was cancelled, which seemed likely given the ratings, the show would have ended with Jake and Diaz going to jail. Not a fan at all of these long-ish, more serious arcs as others have said. I hope the show runners and the network mutually agree to end on the next season and they are able to go off on a high note.

Also cut down the number of episodes, 22 is clearly way too much for the show to maintain a level of quality.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
A bit pissed that if the show was cancelled, which seemed likely given the ratings, the show would have ended with Jake and Diaz going to jail. Not a fan at all of these long-ish, more serious arcs as others have said. I hope the show runners and the network mutually agree to end on the next season and they are able to go off on a high note.

Also cut down the number of episodes, 22 is clearly way too much for the show to maintain a level of quality.
They definitely could have had a different ending ready to go if the show was cancelled.

Symphonia

Banned

They've already confirmed they're making a fifth season. I could see that being the last one, though.

I like Boyle's hair going white due to the stress of worrying about Jake and Rosa's courtroom outfit.

Back to back tough years for him, with last season winding up in witness protection and now ending up in jail.

With Amy and Gina both winding up pregnant in real life, could Rosa be next.

Joeku

"It's like an Eagles concert down there; nothing but whites."

Just watched this whole season in one day after recording it all. Quite an improvement over season 3.

Edit: Also Stephanie Beatriz is incredibly crush-worthy. That she hasn't done more voiceover work is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom