• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giro d'Italia 2017 |OT|

NewDust

I am always in the it is a race group, but Quintana should have put the brakes after the other day.

If Dumoulin wasn't isolated, maybe, but when you are so far back and alone... there is no way he's coming back. Unless there aren't major differences at the top, maybe they will hold back on the descent.

kch

I am always in the it is a race group, but Quintana should have put the brakes after the other day.

It did look like they took it easy for a bit and at least not take advantage of it but still at that point of the stage slowing down too much just wouldnt work. Hope he can keep his own tempo now and not lose too much. Even more troublesome though is riders usually dont need to do #2 during a race so it might be a sign of illness coming. He does look quite good atm though!

teepo

dumoulin should've just shat himself like a real champion. he would've been a fucking legend had he done that and won the gc

So glad it was Nibali who won this stage in the 100th Giro.

This stage shows why he is my favourite rider, and the guy I feel is the most complete rider in the world.

Nibali is always looking to make something happen when he races, always looking to attack. He always wants those few seconds, sometimes it doesn't workout, but that hunger is what has made him such a great champion.

Looks like once again he is peaking in the final week just when he needs to for the Alps.

Really excited for the this final week now.

I had more issue with Movistar driving the pace when Kelderman, Yates, Landa, Thomas and the rest went down to an outside influence than last night.

Tom on yesterday:

I just had problems, I needed to take a dump - I couldn't hold it anymore. It was after the first time of the Stelvio I began to feel it in the downhill. I had to stop, it was not possible to continue anymore.

How do you think I feel? I decided to fight and fight and fight, and then take conclusions after the finish. That's what I did. I think that's good, but I'm very disappointed with today, of course.

[On keeping the pink jersey] Right now I'm just disappointed. I was with the strongest today. I could have easily been with Nibali and Quintana, I just lost it because I had a problem. That's, uh, shit.
Probably a breakaway today, the climbs are very early and not huge and then it's lumpy all the way.

Fonds

dumoulin should've just shat himself like a real champion. he would've been a fucking legend had he done that and won the gc

Yup, I would've shat myself and had someone hose me down with bottles whilst riding.
Fucking ridiculous to stop by the side of the road when you're in the lead.

Still though, a 2 minute poop still is pretty impressive in my book.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Is this some weird alternate dimension where Cannondale actually executed good tactics? Nice job by Rolland attacking at the right moment and Woods interfering with the chase.

roytheone

Well, he still has one week to become the first Dutch Giro winner.

True, and there is still another time trail coming which, while not being quite as ideal for him like the first one, I would still be surprised if he doesn't at least win some seconds on the competition there.

Is this some weird alternate dimension where Cannondale actually executed good tactics? Nice job by Rolland attacking at the right moment and Woods interfering with the chase.

yes. two WT wins in a week. we're in strange times.... although i have to admit to initially brushing off the rolland attack since that's his move followed with a blow up. glad he could finally pull it out.

I have a feeling Nibali will attack here.

Try and get some distance for the downhill and then go up the final climb solo.

Kinda how he used to ride early in his career.

NewDust

Thinking about it, it's better for Tom that the top 5 -6 bunches up. More teams willing to counter attacks is good when you are the one that is isolated.

Guess tomorrow is the last day GC contenders are able to change anything big.

Top Bottom