• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

youmuus is nerfed a little bit this patch too

if i were riot i would like to see the shape of competitive in 6.11 before making any big changes to other adcs and itemization i guess
I get the idea, I just don't think there's a need to be so conservative when the status quo has been going on for a while.

At least Riot is showing they give a shit about bot lane for once, I guess.

Joco

League subreddit has lost its mind. The whole no solo q thing does suck but people are acting like it's the end times and Overwatch is the Savior.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Overwatch but from what I've played it seems a lot shallower than League. And both games are totally different.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
eXhFLvG.jpg

a rare occurence: i didn't feed my butt off as yasuo and played safe

and surprise! i actually did well throughout the game

Calvero

Banned
League subreddit has lost its mind. The whole no solo q thing does suck but people are acting like it's the end times and Overwatch is the Savior.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Overwatch but from what I've played it seems a lot shallower than League. And both games are totally different.
isn't overwatch going the dynamic queue route too?

Someone known switching to Overwatch is the exact kind of confirmation bias they needed lol

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
also idk if it's just people i play against are bad or i'm good at yasuo (lol) but his level 2-4ish seems really strong and easy to bully your opponent with unless it's a darius or something

zkylon

zkylewd

yeah the whole ppl switching to overwatch is just ridiculous, specially since overwatch will also have dynamic queue for their ranked system

also idk about shallower, the skill ceiling in league feels a lot higher but they're also different enough games that there's no linear comparison you can easily draw

but yeah people on reddit are idiots and i find it sublime every time riot pisses them off

Luigi87

I wouldn't say Overwatch is shallow, but I really don't get why people compare it with League... They're completely different genre.

Overwatch is tons of fun, but I honest-to-god have much more fun with randoms in League. And randoms are what I play with 99% of the time. To top it off, I have yet to find a game that makes a kill as satisfying as League. When I kill someone in Overwatch it is kind of like "Yeah. OK."

You can't compare skill ceilings when the skill required to play both games is very different. It's like comparing chess to football.

Going back into Ranked. Maybe I'll be able to get of Bronze 2 hell.

I tried ... fell into Bronze 3.

Now I only wanna try again with a premade. I mean, I don't think I'm hot shit or something but ranked games where the Yas feeds Fizz 3 kills in the first 4 mins or games that end with my team's Yi going 0/10 is just the wonders of random solo que I guess.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Now I only wanna try again with a premade. I mean, I don't think I'm hot shit or something but ranked games where the Yas feeds Fizz 3 kills in the first 4 mins or games that end with my team's Yi going 0/10 is just the wonders of random solo que I guess.

i won and im at 80 lp.
The dream.

Newt

At one side, I find the "going to overwatch" on reddit posts pretty dumb.

At the other end, I find the posts coming bronze/silver players defense of dynamic queue equally as dumb.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Have any replays?

zkylon

zkylewd
there's issues with the system for sure but i feel like if even pros don't give a shit about dynamic queue then no one's complaint about it is really serious

Newt

Anyways, I'm satisfied with diamond + being restricted to 3, but I doubt we would have got to this point without the bitching on reddit.

patchday

I love Overwatch. Hm, yeah LoL has endless depth with items, vision control, map control, creep farming, etc. But what LoL lacks is heroes changing dynamically during the course of the match to counter the enemy team. Lack of levels and snowballing is a welcome change. Plus, I can feel perfectly sated in an Overwatch match as I am given the chance to change my heroes at will

so many times I wanted to play through my library of heroes in LoL but I cant cause I'm locked to just the same hero. And cause I'm low elo and awful many of my matches go 30-50 mins which means I'm locked to the same hero. LoL (and most MOBA in general) is just plain hostile to casul gamer

Always found it ironic LoL has 100+ heroes and there is no way I'd ever get a chance to remotely get decent exposure to all of them. Even if I did, they add more

But anyway both games are excellent in their own way and scratches different itches

patchday

Man havent played Tracer since beta. Its funny I'm a healer main there as well. I'd much rather be offense but no one else wants to be support (even my buddies debate who gets it so I just volunteer)

from silver 1 to silver 5 :< the feels

wtf don't be me and descend into the gutter ;(

patchday

there's issues with the system for sure but i feel like if even pros don't give a shit about dynamic queue then no one's complaint about it is really serious

yeah after more thought after my whining in "LoL OT 11" I realized none of the issues affect me. I'm a support main for goodness sakes. I usually just queue support/mid so I'm just going to get that role usually

and so what if the other team could possibly have 3 I'm in low elo it doesnt really matter

edit- My point is- as a Bronze V guy I need to focus on getting better. Now the higher elo players may see things differently I give them that

zkylon

zkylewd
like what i'm trying to say is like

no one is playing overwatch because of dyn q

overwatch is just where tracer is at

like taliyah was a good try

but i LOVE funny accents

zkylon

zkylewd
i thought about downloading it but i don't wanna grind to unlock her

this is why i think copyright sucks, how cool would it be if riot could just like put her in the game

let's be the change we want to see in the world right here right now riot

you got my 7800 ip

this is why i think copyright sucks, how cool would it be if riot could just like put her in the game

you got my 7800 ip

If you buy the LE edition you get tracer for free

you got my 7800 ip

Riot and Blizzard should do a crossover

Overwatch gets Lucian and Thresh

League gets Tracer and uh, Lucio

hire me riot/blizzard I can broker this deal. Think about the billions you will make

Luigi87

Back to 0LP at Silver 1.

My team had a Garen who didn't build a Black Cleaver, didn't built a Sunfire Cape (or any heavy armor item), didn't build a Spirit Visage (in spite of fed enemy Viktor, and a Vlad), but did build an Infinity Edge (and other damage items)...

zkylon

zkylewd
probably look at fixing fundamentals

check the minimap often and use wards intelligently (also buy pinks)
check if ur item builds make sense
improve ur farming (don't let empty lanes go to waste, don't roam without pushing, learn how to back)
don't tilt

etc.

if you're bronze you probably have a lot of work to do on those areas

Calvero

Banned
probably look at fixing fundamentals

check the minimap often and use wards intelligently (also buy pinks)
check if ur item builds make sense
improve ur farming (don't let empty lanes go to waste, don't roam without pushing, learn how to back)
don't tilt

etc.

if you're bronze you probably have a lot of work to do on those areas

participating in in houses and listening in on the mumblechat roomm helps too. i learned a lot from playing and listening to other gaffers. also people like Newt or Ghost occasionally offering to give out advice if you want any

look, just make a tracer ahri skin and you got me

That reminds me ... been thinking about how Skin lines seem to often times come with one legendary skin with new emos and VO and all that good stuff. The mech line has Sion, the battlecast line has like 2, the new Darkstar skins already have a legendary in the form of Thresh.

The Program line seems to be focused on female caster champs (you could argue iBlitz is in the line but I'd say that doesn't change much). Been wondering which, if any, of the female champs would be given the fancy legendary skin treatment for a future Program skin.

Could tots see that as an excuse to make a futurist Overwatch Tracer-ish Ahri. They seem to love giving her fancy skins.

(Would prefer MF though, I like that they're willing to completely revamp the what the champ acts like and such to reflect the skin line and MF needs more character outside of Tits-n-Guns IMO. Arcade Skin is cool though)

Calvero

Banned
silver 5 means I am playing with bronze players. getting stuff like yi top and soraka mid.

ehh...as a someone who recently climbed to silver, i don't feel there's much of a difference between bronze and silver. except maybe Bronze 5, but that's only because I still have nightmares of all the times people told me they don't care about the game since we're all the way at the bottom.

TheFlow

Banned
ehh...as a someone who recently climbed to silver, i don't feel there's much of a difference between bronze and silver. except maybe Bronze 5, but that's only because I still have nightmares of all the times people told me they don't care about the game since we're all the way at the bottom.

pretty much, until about silver 1/2 then you notice yourself playing with gold/plat borders.

patchday

yeah hope you guys do better yo'

oh crap just looked at na.op.gg for my name I havent played since URF which was 17 days ago. But I did log on a week ago to run 1 bot match when I was practicing last hitting

(I'll always be here on these forums for moral support tho lol I got u)

zkylon

zkylewd
That reminds me ... been thinking about how Skin lines seem to often times come with one legendary skin with new emos and VO and all that good stuff. The mech line has Sion, the battlecast line has like 2, the new Darkstar skins already have a legendary in the form of Thresh.

The Program line seems to be focused on female caster champs (you could argue iBlitz is in the line but I'd say that doesn't change much). Been wondering which, if any, of the female champs would be given the fancy legendary skin treatment for a future Program skin.

Could tots see that as an excuse to make a futurist Overwatch Tracer-ish Ahri. They seem to love giving her fancy skins.

(Would prefer MF though, I like that they're willing to completely revamp the what the champ acts like and such to reflect the skin line and MF needs more character outside of Tits-n-Guns IMO. Arcade Skin is cool though)
yea but i want the ahri skin to have an impossibly bad british accent

Top Bottom