• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

SNES games certainly run I've had a few games run too fast and setting the clock speed to 444mhz makes everything run really fast. SMSPlus works good. Still no luck with genesis stuff though.

I'm glad I have a second Vita

Once it can run all PSP, PSOne and some SNES games I'm on board. I barely ever do homebrew or CFW stuff but the Vita is too limited by publishers being dumb and not releasing all the classics digitally

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I tried the genesis emulator and it works perfectly, the snes one runs but i didn't put any rom, same for doom, it works but i didn't put wads files(the page is awesome) lol

The first time i visited the henkaku page after the message everything was blocked, i rebooted vita, wnet on the page again and then everything went well.

KAL2006

Banned
Will let the community mature before I jump in but Vita would he the ultimate portable games machine for me.

Vita games
PSP games
MAME games
DS games
N64 games
And all prior retro consoles

The ergonomics of the Vita and screen are also perfect.

Wow

This might be the easiest install process ever holy cow

for those of you having issues getting the browser exploit to work you may have to restart your vita

Chesskid1

Banned
Wow

This might be the easiest install process ever holy cow

for sure.

let's hope it takes a while for sony to fix this. the ease of use + full access to the vita + every vita user can do it + sony simply can't delist a game to fix it is so freakin huge.

i already love my vita but this could be it's 2nd life.

test_account

XP-39C²
for sure.

let's hope it takes a while for sony to fix this. the ease of use + full access to the vita + every vita user can do it + sony simply can't delist a game to fix it is so freakin huge.

i already love my vita but this could be it's 2nd life.
Cant really see Vita sales skyrocketing because of this, especially not at this point in time.

le.phat

All i want from this thing is full psx emulation.

Both SOTN and FFT are unplayable, one being 50hz and the other bring the shitty psp port. Let me play my psx like they're intended :/

amdb00mer

Can anybody confirm if this can be used to re-install the whitelist file on PSTV to allow all Vita games to run? My PSTV got updated by mistake and I can't get the exploit to work again.

StereoVsn

I am most excited about ability to play my PSP games on this that don't have PSN release (my PSP is dead and not a huge fan of UMDs and hardware anyway). Also , I wouldn't use your main PSN account for this....just in case Sony decides to ban.

Well im scared now. It shows what you playing on psn and someone took a screenshot of it :(.
If you arent sure you could always format the psvita if you can do without online play etc :) the vita doesnt need an account attached

Myself, I would advice against using your main account. Why should you take the risk?

Browser just keeps crashing. Tried to reboot my system at least 3 times but it doesn't seem to be working.

I'll get the "welcome to Henkaku" to pop up, but can't get further than that before the browser crashes.

therapist

seems a bit of a shame you need to do it on every reboot

however , amazing news.
i would expect to see this patched shortly.

Im still on like 3.18 on my vita , was gonna do rejuvenate but this seems way better.

Time to update

Storm360

Sony's MO has always been to release a patch to close the exploit

I expect the same here

The last exploits where nothing on this level, this is more like PS3 CFW which resulted in bans.

Basically, if you don't want to be banned, don't do it, I know i'm not.

dmix90

Sweet! Now they need to release hack files for the possibility of local-offline activation. Setup of dev environment was pretty easy even on windows. Vita is an amazing piece of hardware....... with full force homebrew scene its will become a perfect device.

LWz0KFB.jpg

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Browser just keeps crashing. Tried to reboot my system at least 3 times but it doesn't seem to be working.

I'll get the "welcome to Henkaku" to pop up, but can't get further than that before the browser crashes.

try delete browser cookies and search history after rebuilding the database. this seemed to work for me

Top Bottom