• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Park Baseball 18 (OOTP18) - Official Thread and NeoGAF League

brentech

Sim: 3 Day
Date: Oct 14, 2017
Note: All division series got rapped up. Championship Series to start tomorrow.

Fuck injuries for destroying my team
rage.gif

brentech

Sim: 3 Day
Date: Oct 23, 2017
Note: After three more days, we are off to the World Series.

Matchup:
Boston vs Washington

brentech

Sim: 5 Day
Date: Oct 28, 2017
Note: Simmed five days in order to get 3 games played. 3 more games at most tomorrow so changes can be made before game 7 if needed.

Ron Mexico

OK let me just open up the old mailbox

oh

I *think* that's happened to me when I downloaded the league file again after exporting and downloading the league file again before a new one was posted. It was also around the time of the last OOTP update so that could be a thing too.

brentech

Sim: 2 days
Date: Nov 3, 2017
Note: GOBL 2017 Champs
Washington Nationals

Execute or void or team options. 14 day sim to follow.

I'm a bit confused. I have a lot of guys in my farm whose contract details say "Expires After 2017 Season". Doesn't say "Automatically Renews". However, they don't show up under Upcoming Free Agents anywhere. Should I be offering these guys extensions as well? Or only the guys at the bottom of the Arbitration Screen?

Congrats Rommel!!

I'm a bit confused. I have a lot of guys in my farm whose contract details say "Expires After 2017 Season". Doesn't say "Automatically Renews". However, they don't show up under Upcoming Free Agents anywhere. Should I be offering these guys extensions as well? Or only the guys at the bottom of the Arbitration Screen?

Check your "salaries" screen... shows which contracts auto renew, which are arb eligible, etc

So starting tomorrow afternoon I'll be out of town until Monday. What is the best way to handle my team since I won't have a laptop with me? Should I change anything to AI controlled, or just leave it be since the AI could do ridiculous stuff with my team?

Now that it's nearly the offseason, it's probably time to say that Dickerson and Souza are both potentially available. Could use a big stick to plop at DH.

So starting tomorrow afternoon I'll be out of town until Monday. What is the best way to handle my team since I won't have a laptop with me? Should I change anything to AI controlled, or just leave it be since the AI could do ridiculous stuff with my team?

I think you'd be fine. Just make sure you out anyone you wouldn't want to lose to the rule 5 draft on your 40 man roster. You probably won't miss too much of the offseason.

brentech

Sim: 14 days
Date: Nov 17, 2017
Notes: Late to sim and still need to make a GOBL post for the first season, but I want to rethink how I do those banners.
14 day sim brings us through most of the awards. Tomorrow will bring us to the start of arbitration, I believe 8 days, so get your offers made. When FA arrives we will slow down to 3 day sims for a period so everyone has a chance to negotiate.

Estimated payroll of $65million with Freddie, Matt Kemp, and Nick Markakis taking up $50 million of that. Can't wait to see what kind of free agents I can sign!

Pyrogeek

Belated congrats, Rommel!

Looking forward to making my tweaks this off season. I feel like my Red Sox performed above their weight class and want to make sure this season wasn't a fluke.

I noticed this only seems to happen to me when I miss a sim day. When I do download, the mail and news from the sim days prior to the most recent one are always blank.

It's happeneed to me seemingly at random, even when I keep up on things every day, so I have no idea

edit: example, happened to me again today on all the contract update mail, but not the awards mail

total bullshit

brentech

It's happeneed to me seemingly at random, even when I keep up on things every day, so I have no idea

edit: example, happened to me again today on all the contract update mail, but not the awards mail

total bullshit

Do you guys ever leave anything in your mailbox that you have already read? My only theory is that it only happens when there is something already in your mailbox from a previous sim.
So I delete everything, every day and haven't had it happen since.

brentech

Sim: 6 days
Date: Nov 23, 2017
Notes: At first I was going to sim to FA opening today, but in case that bug is preventing people from changing arbitration offers, I'm just going to the day before the arbitration hearings. Tomorrow it will go through arb and to the opening of FA.

http://gobl.obleague.com/

Do you guys ever leave anything in your mailbox that you have already read? My only theory is that it only happens when there is something already in your mailbox from a previous sim.
So I delete everything, every day and haven't had it happen since.

Once I started deleting all messages never had the same problem either.

Top Bottom