• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skipped out on bar tab, am I in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I can't imagine the feeling of sitting alone in your room stoned, knowing that some Asian thugs with uzis will kick in the door any minute now.

Totz

maroni.gif

What you propose?

joker.gif

It's simple. Kill AkuMifune.

AkuMifune

Banned
PantherLotus said:
If this is true at all it's not even remotely funny.
At the time, it was hilarious. And I didn't know about the mafia connection or I probably would have paid. My friend told me only later that most of those bars are run by the local mafia.

I really think the girl just wants me to take her out. I told her I did something stupid and would go back and pay tonight, and she told me not to bother, just take her out on Friday instead. Of course that could be a trap, but she seemed selfish enough to just want my cash. If they were after me wouldn't she have told me to pay up or get hurt?

Look, just tell me they can't track me from my cell and I'll feel better.

btkadams

just chill. change your number and dont go meet up with that girl. you never know if it could be a trap dude, no matter how nice she seems. seriously.

JavaMava

AkuMifune said:
You guys are supposed to be making me feel better. Fuck.

But the hooker wasn't threatening me or anything, she didn't warn me or try to scare me, and if she didn't give them my cell they have no way to find me.

You think she's going to call you and tell you how fucked you are and how your mafia boss is going to fuck you up? No, she's going to ask to meet you, cause she like really likes you. It's in no way a ploy for the mafia to find you easily.

Also you're a foreigner with a permanent place of residence. They aren't going to have too hard of a time finding you.

Hell, with your cunning deductive reasoning you've shown off in this thread.... chances are you'll find them.

AkuMifune said:
If they were after me wouldn't she have told me to pay up or get hurt?

No. They aren't going to tell you to pay up or get hurt. If they do that, then you're just going to skip town. They are going to hurt you, and take the money anyways. You've fucked them. You're not going to get away by just paying the tab.

Darkman M

:lol At going back, get the fuck out of there and you're damn retarded if your thinking about meeting that hooker again. Maybe the asian mafia is kinder then the Italians though.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I have a feeling that you should get to know that hooker better, because if the mob ever find you, you'll become her co-worker (if you catch my drift.)

Slavik81

I can't claim any experience, but here's what I would do.

Immediately pay them back $250, explaining that you were drunk.
Leave quickly and do not go directly home.
Change your cell number. Just in case.
Purchase some sort of defensive weapon.

Oh, and never, ever talk to that hooker again.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
AkuMifune said:
I really think the girl just wants me to take her out. I told her I did something stupid and would go back and pay tonight, and she told me not to bother, just take her out on Friday instead. Of course that could be a trap, but she seemed selfish enough to just want my cash. If they were after me wouldn't she have told me to pay up or get hurt?

What the hell dude, it's just a hooker, not the one and only love of your life.

AZ Greg

AkuMifune said:
I really think the girl just wants me to take her out. I told her I did something stupid and would go back and pay tonight, and she told me not to bother

Your fate has already been decided. :(

RIP

LCfiner

AkuMifune said:
At the time, it was hilarious. And I didn't know about the mafia connection or I probably would have paid. My friend told me only later that most of those bars are run by the local mafia.

It seems to me like a cheap mafia hooker probably doesn't have the best history of decision making in her past. Maybe her advice isn't "top notch" shit.

if you don't plan on leaving Taiwan, pay those mafia fuckers back. It's only money. You'll make more.

soultron

Banned
Darkman M said:
:lol At going back, get the fuck out of there and you're damn retarded if your thinking about meeting that hooker again. Maybe the asian mafia is kinder then the Italians though.
I'm Italian, and even my grandparents tell me that the Russians are worse.

I'm pretty sure the manly thing to do here is go clubbing, get a bunch of burly foreign friends together (bonus intimidation points for bringing black guys), beat the shit out of the filipino guys when they show up and take their wallets, telling them in tagalog (and here's where prep time comes in) "I run this town, you cock-a-roaches!" then bang the hooker and never call her again.

Tell me you won't have the best story ever then.

NomarTyme

LOL, they ask for around for you. A foreigner is easy to point out, so one of your neighbors might rat your ass out for couple bucks.

LCfiner

LiveFromKyoto said:
I'm pretty sure the manly thing to do here is go clubbing, get a bunch of burly foreign friends together (bonus intimidation points for bringing black guys), beat the shit out of the filipino guys when they show up and take their wallets, telling them in tagalog (and here's where prep time comes in) "I run this town, you cock-a-roaches!" then bang the hooker and never call her again.

Tell me you won't have the best story ever then.

On second thought, this works too.
:lol

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I have been to the Philippines three times, and I heard stories about the Filipino Mafia when I was there.

Don't mess with them, unless you want a prosthetic arm.

Atrus

Gold Member
Dumb: Pissing off a Mafia
Dumber: Pissing off a Mafia as a foreigner whilst living in a tiny island country.

Game-Biz

Well, here's the thing:

Only bat-shit insane people kill someone they don't know for $200. Worst case scenario? You'll get roughed up a little bit. Here's what you do. You back alone with $250. $50 more is good enough for being a douche. $300 or more is just being over gracious. Now never answer the phone to that hooker again and NEVER, ever go back to that bar. Don't even go close.

Also, there's an old saying, Fortune favors the bold. Well, I guess you're about to find out if that's true.

AkuMifune

Banned
Look, I woke up knowing I did something stupid, but I didn't know how stupid until later. If I want to make it right, I either have to go back or meet with the chick, which are both IDIOTIC ideas, I know, but if I leave it alone it might haunt me for a long time.

Fuck it, I'm going to write it off as a stupid experience and forget it. If they want the dumb money they can track me down. I started this whole thing off with idiocy and bravado, I might as well see it through with the same frame of mind.

duckroll

Hcoregamer00 said:
I have been to the Philippines three times, and I heard stories about the Filipino Mafia when I was there.

Don't mess with them, unless you want a prosthetic arm.

Maybe their Taiwan divisions are more forgiving! :)

AntoneM

Lazy vs Crazy said:
But what if by not taking the hooker clubbing, you piss her off, and she gives them your number so they can find you in retribution for not taking her out?

What then?
THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

itxaka

Defeatist
Align yourself with a rival faction. You might have to do a couple missions for them first before they accept you.

:lol :lol

If I were you, I will go and pay up everything explaining that you were too drunk and made a mistake.

Go when there are people in the bar, just in case. And bring 300$ just in case they are not amused with it, you can handle 100$ more for the problems.

After that, call the hooker and FHUTA.

LCfiner

AkuMifune said:
Look, I woke up knowing I did something stupid, but I didn't know how stupid until later. If I want to make it right, I either have to go back or meet with the chick, which are both IDIOTIC ideas, I know, but if I leave it alone it might haunt me for a long time.

Fuck it, I'm going to write it off as a stupid experience and forget it. If they want the dumb money they can track me down. I started this whole thing off with idiocy and bravado, I might as well see it through with the same frame of mind.

wow...

truly inspirational. I hope you don't lose any fingers next week.

Hcoregamer00

duckroll said:
Maybe their Taiwan divisions are more forgiving! :)

I hope so for the sake of the poster, if he is lucky he will just get threatened by some ass kicking, maybe break an arm or two.

They definitely WONT kill him, because they need the money back. Why kill your cash cow?

Every post could be your last post. Didja think about that? This could be your last chance to share your knowledge with us!

or lack there of...

jesus, if you're white and a foreigner, just go back with a few friends during the day, apologize, pay back the money, and don't show your face around there again

You aren't gonna get your dick cut off over 200 bucks, and if you're a whitey foreigner, they'll be more reluctant to mess you up at all.

Or just ignore it and hope they forget about it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
AkuMifune said:
Oh look the "person chooses to avoid fessing up to wrongdoing that only compounds the eventual punishment" plot device. Haven't seen that before!

Hitokage said:
Oh look the "Person chooses to avoid fessing up to wrongdoing that only compounds the eventual punishment" plot device. Haven't seen that before!
Every plot devise has been done to death. This guy might add a twist to it, though. Give him a chance to develop the story.

JavaMava

Hcoregamer00 said:
I hope so for the sake of the poster, if he is lucky he will just get threatened by some ass kicking, maybe break an arm or two.

They definitely WONT kill him, because they need the money back. Why kill your cash cow?

Do they NEED the money back, or do they NEED to show all other patrons that they are not to be fucked with.

negitoro7

What ethnicity are you, and what are you doing in Taiwan? Do you stick out a lot, or are you like, from Hong Kong-kind of foreigner?

Hcoregamer00

OpinionatedCyborg said:
jesus, if you're white and a foreigner, just go back with a few friends during the day, apologize, pay back the money, and don't show your face around there again

You aren't gonna get your dick cut off over 200 bucks, and if you're a whitey foreigner, they'll be more reluctant to mess you up at all.

Or just ignore it and hope they forget about it.

Really?

Mafia and Forget are two words that don't go together.

JavaMava said:
Do they NEED the money back, or do they NEED to show all other patrons that they are not to be fucked with.

I am not in this situation, so I can't say anything really.

Especially because my knowledge of Filipino Mobsters has more to do with them in the homeland.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
PantherLotus said:
If this is true at all it's not even remotely funny.

Indeed.

If this is true, how stupid would you be to decide that not paying them back is an option? If you have the money, carry your ass back to the bar and pay that shit off. Hell, give them a bit extra to apologize and be on your merry way. I've known thugs that have shot people for less: much less.

AkuMifune said:
Idiocy and bravado would be going to the bar and giving them 250. Not hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom