• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Kat is indeed adorable, and a pretty decent character. The sequence when you're influencing things from limbo to help her escape the base is legitimately clever. The character animation during cutscenes is pretty outstanding, we've certainly come a long way.

I'm loving the Bloody Palace, but I can tell it will take me a lot less time to master than previous ones. All the boss fights in the game are very fun, so it's worth it for that alone. Still bummed I can't do it with Vergil.

BadWolf

Just finished it, excellent game.

I have to give it a higher score than DMC4, the only things worth mentioning about that game are the battle system and Nero's playstyle. The rest is embarrassingly bad for the most part (story, dialogue, freaking back tracking etc). Its still a game that I played many times over and enjoyed but I would be lying if I didn't say that it was heavily flawed.

Dmc's combat isn't as deep but the overall package is so good. From the visuals (those environments) to the characters and story. Even the gameplay brought something good to the table with how weapon switching and attacking was handled. Some great boss fights in there too, like that news anchor.

Story-wise I was pretty satisfied, though I wouldn't have minded if the game ended after Mission 19 and
Dante and Vergil ended on friendly terms
. Both Dante and Vergil were handled well I think.

Very impressed overall and pretty sad at all the hate the game and Ninja Theory ended up receiving. Sucks that we probably won't get more from the same team.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Anyone use a Dualshock 4 with this game? I'm using DS4Tool, and everything works fine, except in menus, I have to hit Square to confirm and X to move back. Anyway to fix these? When I use my 360 pad menus use A and B as one would expect.q

IISANDERII

Forgot about this until Vinny named it in his top 10 list. Very fun, best action game I've played in a very long time, liked it more than Bayonetta. But that could just be me, I rarely go for action games; seems like the genre has overtaken me but DMC was easy to get into and challenged me as well.

I hadn't played a Dmc game since the original on PS2, which was my single favourite game on that system. This new one can't match its atmosphere but it's an excellent game, loved the boss fights too. Played through it multiple times.

I've been waiting for this on ps plus since it was first rumoured and now finally tried it. Gameplay is fun, new Dante is cool (white wig? Not in a million years) but omg at PS3 version underperforming. It always takes some time for textures to load properly, framerate is unstable and whenever my game is auto-saving I am having about 3-5 seconds freezes. Oh, and let's not forget screen tearing.

Finally finished the game. Better than DMC 4. Too bad not many people were willing to give this game a chance

Overall: 7.5/10
Bro the game is good, but better than dmc4 is hard,y amcompliment..
Apart from battlesystem that takes a LOT from dmc3, dmc4 has nothing..
Really nothing...

Sesha

Hey guys. All the DLC, including Vergil's Downfall, is currently 75% (about 3 euros, total) off on Steam. For those that missed out during Capcom's anniversary sale last October, now's the chance.
As I haven't played through the DLC besides trying it out on a friend's 360 while in Japan, I'm gonna get a controller and try to go through it on the various difficulties as soon as possible. Hopefully the DmC hype train can muster up some, urr, steam and someone will join me.

Played and completed DmC recently.. having only played the third DMC game, this wasn't as bad as the hype and media kind of portrayed it as. Sure it had a bit of an immature feel about it with lots of tongue in cheek references but overall it was an enjoyable but omewhat repetitive experience. Some good level designs, a simple enough story and characters to get the game rolling and just about enough style in the game to get through the main game.

I have to say the difficulty is actually pretty easy.. I think I only died twice the whole game (played medium mode)

Top Bottom