• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

I am legit shocked that vaan BSB isn't on the vote banner. It's amazing and a strong recommend.

I never get booted from multiplayer teams and I always run him

WarAdept

Well, with native Firion BSB, Maria BSB and Minwu Instant Medica + Wall RW, the CM for Torment II was very easy as I thought after I experimented without wall. This thing must be incredibly terrible for people lacking the right relics...

Now I wonder if I try the CM for 5 now that I got a Medica for Lenna with RES+ and Valigarmanda to spam with Krile using Indomitable Blade RW. Won't be able to stack much MAG+ on her, Faith and that's about it... Would also have to manually cast Haste. Seems hard!

Torment II CM might mark the very first time in my RK history that I won't be able to complete something before it goes away (thank god that Torment Dungeons come back every month).

I can't poverty run it like my other Torment CM's because the II cast suck major balls. Difficult to run double healer because the other native White Mage is also the main Support (Gordon) and diving Maria to White 4 is a bad idea since she's the highest DPS out of the entire cast if I RW her BSB. Firion and Ricard are the only others with 5* ability AoE and they bring nothing else to the table.

Going to have to wait until Emperor and pull hard.

Anyone else jipped their 3 mythril? Duration says starting at 5am PST today. Only got the daily and the bonus 1. Was supposed to get 3 more.

friz898

100gem pull was a 4star dupe already at rank 7.

Now just to wwait for Sunday.

I have two 99's for 13 already, Vanille and Lightning. So I broke Minwu with last event's MC3 so that I would have two 99's for it.

Now to go look at what ever event is after FF2 so I know which to break next.

Just noticed that they lowered the gems price for Canada 2-3 weeks ago! 12 cents less per 100 gems pull!

I thought out my strategy for Torment V CM and it worked! It was one of my most random set of abilities and SBs:

DZQPkeK.jpg

Lenna: Pride of Tycoon (Medica + RES up)
Faris: Alternating between Kindred Spirit (AoE large DEF+RES down) and Witchcraft (shared MAG up small amount)
Gilgamesh: Faithful Companion (3 AoE attacks + Major Regen)
Krile: Unspoken Bond (8 summoning magic non-elemental attacks + 3 turns quick cast)
Exdeath: Veiled of Protection (Shared Protectga)

I think that I killed the last one (not weak to Valigarmanda) 2-3 seconds before the other 2 were to pop back! I had to finish him with pitiful damage from Unspoken Bond! Go go squirrels and other little critters!

I had to get a MC3 for Krile and egg her to 99 + Record Diving Faris for Dancer 5*. It was important resources, but this is the most challenging content right now and if I don't use my MC3, Motes and Eggs for situations like that, I will never use them!

Only missing Torment CM for X but there is no way I can even stand a chance. My RS is good, but my SBs are pitiful! Will pull on next X event I think.

Syntsui

They must have adjusted the gem prices for other countries due to the weakening of the dollar. It got MUCH cheaper in Brazil.

100gem pull was a 4star dupe already at rank 7.

Now just to wwait for Sunday.

I have two 99's for 13 already, Vanille and Lightning. So I broke Minwu with last event's MC3 so that I would have two 99's for it.

Now to go look at what ever event is after FF2 so I know which to break next.

II, VI, III, IX. Have it memorized.

Think I may just make it to 100 mythril before Anniversay, 25th. Should be lucky draw next Wednesday for Dungeons. And rumor has it 3 1-day Lucky banners 22-24. Or 100 mythril total.

Im currently at 60 plus 3 if I get todays weekend bonus, yet to check if it finally arrived. So 71 by Sunday the 12th. 16 from dungeons. That's 87. Plus days and double days...it looks like I'll make all 3 lucky draws and dungeon banner just barely barring other events. Then there's some 50 mythril drop, right? Other bonuses on the 25th. So there's another 75-80 mythril going forward.

I'll probably do a draw on a select banner tho I'd like to draw on VI and IX even tho I should be drawing on II and III since I got nadda on both.

Syntsui

If I don't spend anything today, I'll have about 250 mithril for the fest. Possibly 300+. Of course I'll pull today hoping for the best.

If I don't spend anything today, I'll have about 250 mithril for the fest. Possibly 300+. Of course I'll pull today hoping for the best.

Wait what happens today? You mean the FFXIII-1 banner?

I'm waiting for the second one personally for a chance at Raines BSB and the USB.

ultra7k

Spent 100 mythril yesterday and went 4/22 - Got Lightning's BSB 2 and Flamberge, which completes her SB collection for me, and Sazh's SSB and a dupe of Fang's Armguards, so I'm pretty happy.

Decided to do the pull since Orlandeau's OSB wasn't on the Ultros Select - So I will pull conservatively on the Anniversary banners and wait until the next FFT to try and snag Orlandeau's OSB and SSB.

friz898

II, VI, III, IX. Have it memorized.

Think I may just make it to 100 mythril before Anniversay, 25th. Should be lucky draw next Wednesday for Dungeons. And rumor has it 3 1-day Lucky banners 22-24. Or 100 mythril total.

Im currently at 60 plus 3 if I get todays weekend bonus, yet to check if it finally arrived. So 71 by Sunday the 12th. 16 from dungeons. That's 87. Plus days and double days...it looks like I'll make all 3 lucky draws and dungeon banner just barely barring other events. Then there's some 50 mythril drop, right? Other bonuses on the 25th. So there's another 75-80 mythril going forward.

I'll probably do a draw on a select banner tho I'd like to draw on VI and IX even tho I should be drawing on II and III since I got nadda on both.

Hey thanks. I hadn't googled it yet.

Lets see.. FFVI, I have Terra and....ah, just Terra at 99 my excel sheet says. I guess I'll break .. Mog. Maybe Relm? I forget who I mostly used as a cleric in that realm.

I'm at 93 mythril. It's mostly going to be spent on the orbfest.

cpp: You ready to go crazy this orb fest? I think you were the only other one on this thread who went crazy on refreshes loading up Orbs every single day. Since I rarely use mythril for pulling relics anymore except for half-price 25 mythril pulls I will probably go just go nuts grinding it out.

Edit: Reduced the ramble a bit.

This orbfest came at the worst possible time because I'm going to be in rural Vietnam with spotty internet access. I do think I'll have some internet access so it won't be a complete loss, but I'll be busy most days and only have 1-2 hours per day to spam.

I'm not leaving until the 23rd though so I'm going to try to spam as much as I can before I leave. I've got 277 mythril right now, probably will be 300+ by the time it hits.

The good news is, new set of dailies is right around the corner that are way better than this orbfest, so I'm mostly just doing it for the exp and gil (I was at 75m gil after the last orbfest, I'm down to 12m now. So I need to stock up again).

friz898

This orbfest came at the worst possible time because I'm going to be in rural Vietnam with spotty internet access. I do think I'll have some internet access so it won't be a complete loss, but I'll be busy most days and only have 1-2 hours per day to spam.

I'm not leaving until the 23rd though so I'm going to try to spam as much as I can before I leave. I've got 277 mythril right now, probably will be 300+ by the time it hits.

The good news is, new set of dailies is right around the corner that are way better than this orbfest, so I'm mostly just doing it for the exp and gil (I was at 75m gil after the last orbfest, I'm down to 12m now. So I need to stock up again).

Ya, it might have been during your ban, I don't remember, but I finished last orbfest with 29 mil (or was it bil?) and it was lasting forever but then I shattered every ability I'd never use and that spent all of it. It had to be billion, are you sure you only ended with 75mil? I mean, you can get 1mil just from a few rounds of Wed/Sat gil daily.

Ya, it might have been during your ban, I don't remember, but I finished last orbfest with 29 mil (or was it bil?) and it was lasting forever but then I shattered every ability I'd never use and that spent all of it. It had to be billion, are you sure you only ended with 75mil? I mean, you can get 1mil just from a few rounds of Wed/Sat gil daily.

I don't think it was billion, definitely million. But it could have been closer to 100. 29 billion would be kind of unheard of :) The thing is, I never do gil dailies. The most expensive thing in the game is reforging from 8* -> 9* (which we can't actually do yet, but you can still view the screen for it) and that costs 18 million.

evangd007

Spent 100 mythril yesterday and went 4/22 - Got Lightning's BSB 2 and Flamberge, which completes her SB collection for me, and Sazh's SSB and a dupe of Fang's Armguards, so I'm pretty happy.

Decided to do the pull since Orlandeau's OSB wasn't on the Ultros Select - So I will pull conservatively on the Anniversary banners and wait until the next FFT to try and snag Orlandeau's OSB and SSB.

FYI, if GL anniversary is like JP, there will also be 5 one-day full price banners with various items on them. For example, Lightning OSB wasn't on JP Ultros, but it was on the day 3 banner. Orlandeau OSB was on the day 5 in JP and could be on one of them for GL.

FYI, if GL anniversary is like JP, there will also be 5 one-day full price banners with various items on them. For example, Lightning OSB wasn't on JP Ultros, but it was on the day 3 banner. Orlandeau OSB was on the day 5 in JP and could be on one of them for GL.

I thought it was Ultros + three 1-Day 1/2 price banners + five of the standard 3/4-Day Fest banners.

I'm shocked that Orlandu's OSB isn't on the results. That's the one I wanted the most.
At least I get another shot at Y'shtola's BSB. Wouldn't mind Celes Indomitable Blade either.
I'll have just enough for 200 mythrils for the 2nd anniversary. Really hope Orlandu OSB or BSB is on there somewhere.

LucaMac

I'm shocked that Orlandu's OSB isn't on the results. That's the one I wanted the most.
At least I get another shot at Y'shtola's BSB. Wouldn't mind Celes Indomitable Blade either.
I'll have just enough for 200 mythrils for the 2nd anniversary. Really hope Orlandu OSB or BSB is on there somewhere.

I don't think Orlandus OSB was offered as an option. I was on one of the standard Fe's banners in Japan.

Caim

Just a heads up, if you haven't picked up the 10x Mythril from the Chocobo Exchange you have until Sunday which is also when we get the FFXIII bonus battles.

Mastered the VII U plus plus.

Took some pictures I may upload later. That will show gear, not great synergy.

Kuja 99 memento mori into burst soul break. Dr Mog RM

Sephy 99 hit wall rw and lifesiphon into Transience. Knights charge. Probably should have went katana 30 and also should have made equity dark ability which I didnt. Most room for improvement.

Irvine 80. Full break mental break combo. Have his pentabreak. Ace striker.

Quistis 91 armor break curaga. Mako might into Mighty Guard. Cure. Try and pop a well timed armor break. Second Soul Break Doomtrain for 16k.

Snow 91. Lionheart. Made meteor strike for this battle. Pop meteor strike. Lifesiphon to last stand burst. Which is nice cover for Quistis not keeping up w heals. Never did pop meteor strike again but should have. Probably should have had glove boost up...maybe.

Just barely, I assume, got this mastered. Meteor strike while used once made a difference.

Could have fine tuned this more with mirror of equity.

Obviously, my Quistis was very versatile. Broke 4 star white. 2 diff soul breaks. My Kuja was dealing 20k plus a turn with 4-hit. Never tried working faith into it. Probably could have gotten more.

3 finals in a row mastered!

Tune in next week to see if I can extend the streak.

friz898

I don't think it was billion, definitely million. But it could have been closer to 100. 29 billion would be kind of unheard of :) The thing is, I never do gil dailies. The most expensive thing in the game is reforging from 8* -> 9* (which we can't actually do yet, but you can still view the screen for it) and that costs 18 million.

Well now I want to go back and see what I posted here several months ago.

But getting 1 mil is nothing. That's extremely low for me and it's what I have right now after hitting zero. I think 2 rounds of the gil daily is like 70k or so per fight with a bonus at the end? I'm going off memory, but ya that's like half a mil right there which is nothing.

For the last orb fest I went through over 50 mythril farming orbs and getting the cash along the way. But you're right, now that I actually think about it, does seem unheard of.

friz898

Found it cpp. My memory is faulty in my old age.

about 5-6 mythril down so far this morning, so far only one 1 major power. 2 or so Wind and already 5 or 6 Major Black.

I'm telling you, I have 300 Greater Black and 46 Major Black. Meanwhile Power Orbs....sigh.

Edit: Overall, I've gone from 72 mythril to currently 26 mythril, and I've gotten I think about 10-12 total Major Power Orbs.

I'm ok with burning the Mythril, I have over 25mil gold (never had that much before), and there isn't a single character that isn't max level. As for relics, I always get dupes that I can't use except for 5stars of course and I'm about done with gacha on this game until my dupes are no longer useless. Summon Orbs and Power Orbs are going to be the FFRK-Death of me.

I think I'm done with phase 3. Technically i was hoping for about 20 more black, but I'm too tired to continue. I got in about 80 refreshes during phase 3, 120 total since orbfest started. I still need some lightning and NE so I'll be doing another 20-30 refreshes, then take finally take a break

Total during phase 3 i got about 75 major power (assuming i convert up from 3* and 4*)

friz898

got all of the characters from 13.

any exceptional good chars in there ?

Off memory, the others can steer you better in reference to the relics and building your teams around it. I know Cid's (I think burst?) it suppose to be game changing.

As in the team in general:

Vanille is your basic Yuna...Healer/Summoner in this game. Hope is your basic blm/sum dps. One small thing about Hope is that he can do a second cure or cover a protect/shell for you if highly needed since he has 4star whm I think it is.

I dont think Lightning is all that great but she is useful for melee dps or to do ranged dmg since she can use guns.

Snow makes a standard/good tank in this realm. He can use all the important stuff.

I think Cid and Sazh are the support4 characters -- that's important for the breakdowns which are a nice step up from break moves.

Fang sometimes gets left out in my setup since Light is 99 and I have 3 of your soulbreaks including a burst, and my last slot goes to support 4 toon... but I do like to use fang when I can since Dragoons are pretty handy in this game.

I hope that helps somewhat. I haven't used Noel or Serah besides leveling them up to 80.

friz898

I have 2/15. The game just gives me relics I don't want.

Rufus is giving me problems on Ultimate+. I had to reset when the dog did Rage three times in a row followed by Ultimate Mako Cannon by Rufus. Even with wall and protecta, these guys really hurt.

Stacking Breakdown and MultiBreak with Prot did it for me, Wall wasn't needed at all.

Anustart

For some reason I got my 3 mythril this morning, but it was day 2 of the weekend, meaning I'll get it tomorrow then Sunday won't be there at all. Lame.

ultra7k

Ah wasn't sure if ti was going to turn up on the Anniversary banners or not, but it should also show up on the next Dungeon Realm updates, so there's another shot there.

Either, if TG Cid's OSB is with a bunch of relics I already have on Anniversary, I'll hedge my bets until the Rapha/Malak event.

Kain

100 gems got me Lightning's Eto's something (the AOE lightning SSB). Man, I'm having a lot of luck lately with the single pulls. I might try to do the CM this time around.

Also the XIII OST is just stellar, totally underated IMO. It's not Uematsu but it doesn't need to be and it sounds great.

Anustart

Did a 1 pull on the 13 banner and got what I wanted. Fangs arm guards. Now have a Dragon that can make use of my sky high. And bonus she was already at 80 now on the way to 99

Caim

Finally done with all the Nightmare dungeons, what a relief.

That little movie that plays afterwards was interesting.

Metaroo

I've just started clearing the nightmare dungeons myself, and I've gained a handful of major orbs. Is there any 5* ability in particular that I should build towards? Anything that ends up paying off?

ultra7k

100 gems got me Lightning's Eto's something (the AOE lightning SSB). Man, I'm having a lot of luck lately with the single pulls. I might try to do the CM this time around.

Also the XIII OST is just stellar, totally underated IMO. It's not Uematsu but it doesn't need to be and it sounds great.

Mavashi Hamauzu is amazing - so much good stuff in the XIII trilogy. His work in Legend of Legacy alone almost made me want to play it. Almost.

WarAdept

I NEED TO REASSESS MY CRYSTAL USEAGE

(JP buffs from March 22nd)

Dervish: Number of hits increased from 2 to 8. (Increased multiplier)
Ultima: Number of hits increased from 2 to 3. (Increased multiplier)
Neo Bahamut: Number of hits increased from 3 to 4. (Increased multiplier)
Omega Drive: Maximum multiplier increased. (Increased multiplier)

I NEED TO REASSESS MY CRYSTAL USEAGE

(JP buffs from March 22nd)

Dervish: Number of hits increased from 2 to 8. (Increased multiplier)
Ultima: Number of hits increased from 2 to 3. (Increased multiplier)
Neo Bahamut: Number of hits increased from 3 to 4. (Increased multiplier)
Omega Drive: Maximum multiplier increased. (Increased multiplier)

6+ months + from global, but it makes me less bummed for crafting Neo Bahamut now :)

Top Bottom