• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

Acid08

Banned
I saw this. Honestly I was really disappointed they didn't give Turn A a full metallic finish. It's more like the traditional Wing Zero Pearl Gloss.
Yeah full metallic would be cool.

I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to get the full kit. Depends on the price really as these are going to be exclusive I'm sure. The kit is 6k and the part by itself is 2k. Gotta see what the mark up is. If the kit is too much I'll just go for the effect part.

Beth Cyra

Yeah full metallic would be cool.

I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to get the full kit. Depends on the price really as these are going to be exclusive I'm sure. The kit is 6k and the part by itself is 2k. Gotta see what the mark up is. If the kit is too much I'll just go for the effect part.

Yeah I will go with the effect part.

I'm worried about the size given Moonlights big scene it seems like it could be small, especially compared to the Wings of Light that Destiny has.

Still I'm happy it will finally have it. Now just the wait for Wing Zero Effect Parts, and I HOPE that VS Assualt Buster will have it as part of its stand release when ever it gets it.

Shun

latest

I hope for the MG G-Self, we get the Perfect Pack as part of the kit.

No need for the other backpacks, save those for the HG. Perfect Pack already comes with stuff from the other backpacks.

For the Turn A, I was expecting the effect part to be bigger...

The glossy finish still has the imperfections from the molding process. Those swirls and imperfections are why I have to paint the kits (´;д;`)

Beth Cyra

latest

I hope for the MG G-Self, we get the Perfect Pack as part of the kit.

No need for the other backpacks, save those for the HG. Perfect Pack already comes with stuff from the other backpacks.

For the Turn A, I was expecting the effect part to be bigger...

The glossy finish still has the imperfections from the molding process. Those swirls and imperfections are why I have to paint the kits (´;д;`)

Well that is certainly an improvement of the Aile Strike Pack, and I like the shoulders alot more then on the Normal G Self.

I'd buy it.

Zerojul

Bandai announced a shiny colored MG Turn A with the Moonlight Butterfly parts. MB parts will also be sold separately. Been waiting for this, always thought it was shitty that only the HG got this part.
Cool, definitely getting the MB parts. Bandai premium I assume ?

NEO0MJ

New pic of the RE Dijeh.

11066779_10206827491149435_7755035480762105460_n.jpg

I feel this should have been an MG, but oh well. Finally Amuro's monoeye will get a modern release.

NEO0MJ

Oh my god. The dijeh is getting a kit? What is the difference between re and hg?

RE stands for Reborn-One Hundred, a new line of 1/100 scale kits for Mobile Suits who are either too unwieldy or too unpopular to go to the MG line, so they're less detailed and lack an inner frame. On the plus side they're cheaper than an equivalent MG kit. Right now other than the Dijeh there are three other mobile suits in this line, including the Nightingale.

Beth Cyra

RE stands for Reborn-One Hundred, a new line of 1/100 scale kits for Mobile Suits who are either too unwieldy or too unpopular to go to the MG line, so they're less detailed and lack an inner frame. On the plus side they're cheaper than an equivalent MG kit. Right now other than the Dijeh there are three other mobile suits in this line, including the Nightingale.

This, but lets not forget that they really do look good. They have some serious down sides, but the RE 1/100 line is a great boon to us Gundam fans.

Kyshatria?
Nightengale?
Devil Gundam?

These monsters are so huge that a true MG would run PG prices, yet now we who love the 1/100 size can get stuff of this size with great outer looks at afordable prices.

Right now aside from Dijeh and Night, we have GP04 and MK III.

NEO0MJ

This, but lets not forget that they really do look good. They have some serious down sides, but the RE 1/100 line is a great boon to us Gundam fans.

I'm not saying it's bad. Devil Gundam was the first thing that came to mind when we heard of this line. Still, something like the Dijeh feels like it should have gotten the MG treatment instead.

Need to paint the Prominence and Brinicle blades still, but I finished up HG Exia Dark Matter today.

17279600852_542c2ff496_o.jpg

Hi-Nu Vrabe custom paint job is next, then maybe the same with Kampfer Amazing.

Beth Cyra

I'm not saying it's bad. Devil Gundam was the first thing that came to mind when we heard of this line. Still, something like the Dijeh feels like it should have gotten the MG treatment instead.

That was how I viewed GPO4. I had always thought we would see that as an MG with the inner frame reused for the Gerbera Tetra.

Still I do wonder how long we till we see the usual suspects show up in the RE line. RX-78-2, Strike, and Wing Zero, it will happen as there is no way they don't take the chance to release a new High Grade for those units and cash in on sales.

A small part of me would hope it would lead into cross pollination the other way and we could see a Dijeh in MG form, but I actually don't think it would happen in reverse unless the RE version sells way above expectations.

No, no, he was weighed down by the Earth's gravity pull.
If that's what the kids are calling it these days. The second or third time I saw CCA I just couldn't get over how Amuro and Char were bitching about Lalah after about 15 years and not even bitching about it during Zeta.

yami4ct

So glad Turn A is finally getting its wings. I've been teetering on the edge of making a custom set for years, but now I don't have to. Attaching via the stand is a very clever thing. The attachment was the part I was having the hardest time figuring out, can't believe I didn't think of it.

Also super happy Nippon-Yassan has started carrying Gundam P-Bandai stuff. Makes the stuff much cheaper/less frustrating to get.

Well that is certainly an improvement of the Aile Strike Pack,

... well this post is going to be awkward....

So I've been thinking about grabbing a master grade and most importantly wanted a more "standard Gundam" looking kit since I tend to like/buy the more fringe/strange ones instead. Had my eye on the Aile Strike for a good while now because I love the flight kit (its more plane wings than anything which is awesome for someone who likes jets.)

Anyone hear any good/bad things about it's most recent variation?

yami4ct

So I've been thinking about grabbing a master grade and most importantly wanted a more "standard Gundam" looking kit since I tend to like/buy the more fringe/strange ones instead. Had my eye on the Aile Strike for a good while now because I love the flight kit (its more plane wings than anything which is awesome for someone who likes jets.)

The recent MG revision (Version RM, was it? Forgot the dumb initials) is a damn masterpiece. Such a great sculpt that fix just about everything wrong with the original MG. It also keeps the awesome catapult stand as the original, os there's no reason not to get the new edition. As for the Aile pack itself, I really dig it. Sure it's simple, but it looks very functional and I think balances the main suit quite well.

Shun

In my opinion rather than the Aile Strike RM, I would recommend the MG Strike Rouge Ootori over it. I don't know how you feel about the Strike Rouge colors but I actually prefer it with some minor changes.

The Ootori Pack is leagues better than the Aile Pack. Same body but different colors and superior backpack.

For the same price it comes with more accessories than the RM.

Beth Cyra

In my opinion rather than the Aile Strike RM, I would recommend the MG Strike Rouge Ootori over it. I don't know how you feel about the Strike Rouge colors but I actually prefer it with some minor changes.

The Ootori Pack is leagues better than the Aile Pack. Same body but different colors and superior backpack.

For the same price it comes with more accessories than the RM.
Im with Shun on this one.

The Otori does actually have normal wings similar to Aile, so nothing to extravagant.

If you have extra to spend they did release a Kira colored version of this set, but it was P Bandai so you'd need to hit ebay at this point.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Every image of the new Hyaku Shiki has a different shade/reflectiveness of the gold. I have no idea what it will look like out of box.

NEO0MJ

Every image of the new Hyaku Shiki has a different shade/reflectiveness of the gold. I have no idea what it will look like out of box.

Probably because it was photographed under so many different situations. That color would be beyond inconsistent. It's probably worse than red.

Divvy

Probably because it was photographed under so many different situations. That color would be beyond inconsistent. It's probably worse than red.

I know, but now I don't know whether I want to buy it or not

Shun

As much as I prefer the Strike Rouge over the Strike, what I love even more is the Akatsuki Gundam with it's Oowashi and Shiranui packs.

I really wanted to get the 1/100 No Grade for it but it's really hard to find and an acceptable price now. Apparently it's one of the better No Grade 1/100s detail wise being almost MG like without the inner frame.

I still really want one and I hope that it gets an MG with both the Oowashi and Shiranui packs. Until then, I'm gonna keep looking until I find one at a decent price.

It looks pretty nice in a white color vs the gold.

It's too bad for such a good design, the Akatsuki was such a loser compared to the Strike Freedom/Infinite Justice/Destiny. No Neutron Jammer Canceler and it gets wrecked in the show. Probably my favorite Cosmic Era suit.

ban948996_0.jpg

seedD100-15DSC00613.jpg

Beth Cyra

As much as I prefer the Strike Rouge over the Strike, what I love even more is the Akatsuki Gundam with it's Oowashi and Shiranui packs.

I really wanted to get the 1/100 No Grade for it but it's really hard to find and an acceptable price now. Apparently it's one of the better No Grade 1/100s detail wise being almost MG like without the inner frame.

I still really want one and I hope that it gets an MG with both the Oowashi and Shiranui packs. Until then, I'm gonna keep looking until I find one at a decent price.

It's too bad for such a good design, the Akatsuki was such a loser compared to the Strike Freedom/Infinite Justice/Destiny. No Neutron Jammer Canceler and it gets wrecked in the show. Probably my favorite Cosmic Era suit.

ban948996_0.jpg

seedD100-15DSC00613.jpg

It really is sad that Shiki got such an amazing nod/update with Akatsuki only to have it do nothing but get overshadowed by the three leads.

yami4ct

Another Akatsuki lover! I don't think there are very many of us, at least I don't see it brought up often. I adore that suit. Definitely one of my favorite CE suits. The packs are great, the base design is super cool and in uses the garish gold finish in a really nice way. It actually enhances the design, rather than takes away from it like with the joints of the Strike Freedom. There was a really good resin MG conversion kit going around a while back that I always wanted to get, but never did. Hopefully we get a real MG of it in the future. Maybe we'll get some stuff for a big Destiny anniversary or something.

It really is sad that Shiki got such an amazing nod/update with Akatsuki only to have it do nothing but get overshadowed by the three leads.

There are a ton of parallels between SEED and Gundam 79.

Obviously Strike is the new Gundam in spirit. And Impulse/Destiny feel like the Zeta/ZZ, taking the cartoonish spirit of the original design to the extreme, while Freedom/S.Freedom feel like the MKII/Nu gundam. A more neutered, toned-down mature variation. Of course, this is entirely just subjective.

I understand why Destiny looks the way it does.. like the Perfect Strike morphed into a demon... but it would have looked so much cooler with a Black and Red color scheme. Maybe, like the Sword Impulse scheme.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

ban948996_0.jpg

seedD100-15DSC00613.jpg

If you don't mind unlicensed MG kits, wait for this one:

It is a plastic model of the resin conversion kit.

Mmm I always kinda hated the Rouge, it seemed extremely pointless in the show. That and the color scheme does nothing for me, kinda wanted the traditional blue and white but you guys made some good points for the Rouge. And the kit does not seem nearly as pink as its artwork made it.

Definitely gonna mull it over more.

Divvy

The dumbness of Strike Rouge was never in the design itself. It was always the "oh the pilot is a girl, thus her gundam must be pink"

Shun

If you don't mind unlicensed MG kits, wait for this one:

It is a plastic model of the resin conversion kit.

I'm kind of apprehensive about knockoff product. I don't want bad quality plastic mold and PCs. Afraid that it will be a pain to put together, especially since I paint my models.

I had found one for ¥8000 last week but I was too slow on getting it... (。◕ฺˇε ˇ◕ฺ。)

The mk2 backpack is too heavy for raitoningu OTL

Action base 1 on it. Nothing is too heavy any more.

Mmm I always kinda hated the Rouge, it seemed extremely pointless in the show. That and the color scheme does nothing for me, kinda wanted the traditional blue and white but you guys made some good points for the Rouge. And the kit does not seem nearly as pink as its artwork made it.

Definitely gonna mull it over more.

Mostly white with a very faint tint of pink. Paler than a trans-am finish. It's really cool and not the pure white finish that the other has. You could always paint it standard if that's an option for you.

The Ootori comes with a stand and it also has a cool feature where you can combine backpacks. You can attach another Ootori/Strike/etc. Backpack and have a double backpack.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I'm kind of apprehensive about knockoff product. I don't want bad quality plastic mold and PCs. Afraid that it will be a pain to put together, especially since I paint my models.

I had found one for ¥8000 last week but I was too slow on getting it... (。◕ฺˇε ˇ◕ฺ。)

It is by mcmodel, I had a 3 redesigned kit from them and I had no problem with quality. One of them is fully painted using acrylic.

The plastic does look a but cheaper (easier to break), no fancy interior like bandai mg, also some joint problem(they still use ball joints) you can fix with putty and sanding.

I plan to buy their akatsuki, so I'll let you know how it ended up.

Divvy

Anyone still waiting for their Unicorn LED preorder?

I ordered mine with GGinfinite and they told me April would be when I would get it.

I've been trying to email them, but they won't even respond to me.

NEO0MJ

Even though I promised myself I wouldn't buy any new kits until I finish what at's hand I couldn't resist this any longer. I'm so weak ;_;

17310735082_9a54e410f1_o.jpg

If I do it right I'll have one of the sexiest kits around. The Z-Knight line radiates so much style. Complete model for those curious.

Yes I know this isn't gundam but I feel this is the general model kit thread now.

Even though I promised myself I wouldn't buy any new kits until I finish what at's hand I couldn't resist this any longer. I'm so weak ;_;

17310735082_9a54e410f1_o.jpg

If I do it right I'll have one of the sexiest kits around. The Z-Knight line radiates so much style. Complete model for those curious.

Yes I know this isn't gundam but I feel this is the general model kit thread now.
I just started watching Gurren Lagann again. Do you have any Gunmen Gunpla?

NEO0MJ

I just started watching Gurren Lagann again. Do you have any Gunmen Gunpla?

No, none of them really clicked with me other than the King Katan, but I was hoping for a space variant. By the time I gave up it was too late to get it at a reasonable price.

Top Bottom