• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

SwolBro

Banned
No, that's the one thing that makes it somewhat playable. If you can't see the spawns then you can't play high mobility because you will get picked off from completely random angles. Personally I don't try to farm spawns, I like to crash them, clear them out, and then run towards the next one.
And that's why you don't think it's a problem. Getting spawn trapped is ridiculous, and spawn trapping is ridiculous in PVP.

Its an Ol' fatty

Observations

- TTK without a doubt is higher. Im actually having engagements where I can turn around and fight when Im shot from behind
- Arc grenades are more balanced in this game. Theres a delay (unless you cook it, majority seem to just toss them) unlike TF2 where it detonates on impact
- Cloak is more balanced. The duration is a lot shorter but is available more often compared to TF2
- Mother effin' regenerating Titan Shields!
- Titan dashes regenerate quicker
- Titan melee hit boxes aren't the size of a building and require you to be in their face for executions
- No Pilot lock-on melee BS, but the hit box is definitely too small in TF1 (3 whiffed on a grunt where I felt I should have connected)
- Proper rodeo

There were moments where I caught myself looking across the maps while pilots were traversing the levels and thought "this is cool"

Theres definitely an opportunity to strike a damn good balance between TF1 and TF2, but I unfortunately dont see it happening.
what is this? you never played Titanfall 1 until now?

And that's why you don't think it's a problem. Getting spawn trapped is ridiculous, and spawn trapping is ridiculous in PVP.
Well, the solution to that problem is less intrusive. Just don't get spawn trapped! On the other hand the solution to my problem is to stand still on a headglitch and wait till the game highlights some players for me to shoot. No thanks.

JaMarco

Xbox elite controller users, does anyone know if a medium concave thumbstick exists anywhere? I can't find one and it doesn't make any sense it doesn't come with one.

Filben

No, that's the one thing that makes it somewhat playable. If you can't see the spawns then you can't play high mobility because you will get picked off from completely random angles.
Angles wouldn't be complete random since there wouldn't be totally random and infinite amounts of spawn zones. There are always angles on maps were you could retreat to for safety, when you have like five spawn zones.

Why you should always ADS at the very end of a gun fight with an AR when you're unsure. https://youtu.be/xgQ5riYW1V4?t=21s
The snap to target is intense.

Yeah this is ridiculous has any one tested the difference between ARs and smgs? I really noticed the snap aim on ARs in titanfall 2 after going back to cod and realising I can't aim anymore cuz I'm so use to the snap on aim in titanfall 2.

It should just slow your aim like cod does not snap to a target.

Thread has finally gotten back on track.

That snap to aim thing is a huge part of CoD that I dislike.

Cods ads mechanic doesn't snap on like in titanfall 2 if you ads next to someone it doesn't move your aim to the target like that video. It simply slows your aim down when Adsing within a specific distance to the target. Snap aim only happens in single Player. Also aim assist doesn't even do anything when hip firing unless you strafe in cod.

https://youtu.be/Pvzi2x-49FA

Izuna

Banned
Cods ads mechanic doesn't snap on like in titanfall 2 if you ads next to someone it doesn't move your aim to the target like that video. It simply slows your aim down when Adsing within a specific distance to the target. Snap aim only happens in single Player. Also aim assist doesn't even do anything when hip firing unless you strafe in cod.

It doesn't happen in MP? Guess I wouldn't notice considering I don't play virtually any of it, haha

IW has better aim assist than TF2 and BF1 😩

Derp2Herp

Neo Member
That snap feature is borderline non existent when movement comes into play. The excessive stickiness is more of a problem imo it needs to be more pliable. Once you're on target you don't even have to move your joystick anymore and It's way too sticky with titans.

SwolBro

Banned
Why wait till the end?
I meant if you were in a hipfire situation, or if you were using a CAR (like i previously said here before but then someone , i forget who, always said never to ADS). Sometimes it's good to start shooting while in hipfire as soon as you see the target and then go into ADS. A lot of players do this with the 201. It's very effective.

Xbox elite controller users, does anyone know if a medium concave thumbstick exists anywhere? I can't find one and it doesn't make any sense it doesn't come with one.
Yes, https://scufgaming.com/scuf-elite-precision-thumbsticks-and-pro-grip-handle-kit/

gf bought this for me as a present. The handles are especially nice to be honest. Much better than your stock elite ones.

Yeah this is ridiculous has any one tested the difference between ARs and smgs? I really noticed the snap aim on ARs in titanfall 2 after going back to cod and realising I can't aim anymore cuz I'm so use to the snap on aim in titanfall 2.

It should just slow your aim like cod does not snap to a target.
I think the difference comes mainly within hcog, i could be totally wrong and my preference for the sight might be coloring my opinion here but it seems that way. I know SMGS also get the snap on, it's why i'd start firing a lot in hipfire with the car only to ADS if i was going off target, or jumping about.

That snap feature is borderline non existent when movement comes into play. The excessive stickiness is more of a problem imo it needs to be more pliable. Once you're on target you don't even have to move your joystick anymore and It's way too sticky with titans.

That's not true, it's still there in movement. Though, i will say it seems a lot stronger while boots on ground. It's part of the reason the entire potato ground pilot game tactic is so fucking successful here.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Buddha Child/video/30039670

And for the record i have no problem with this mechanic as long as your movement was less floaty, had more weight to it in order for you to do mid-air cuts, and jukes to break the lock on, like TItanfall 1. But here they go and increase this mechanic and it's stickiness while reducing your ability to out maneuver your opponent in a gun battle.

Imagine if this was basketball and everyone's defensive ability to swat the ball was extremely high but your ball handling skills were severely limited by how heavy the ball was. That's what is going on here.

What map leak?
JeaneJWE @ reddit posted these

MCRhYSd.png

mp_relic02
3oohHd1.png

mp_lf_township
Q2CBlNP.png

mp_lf_traffic
KzWia4z.png

mp_lf_uma

VeeP

Wow those new maps look great.

And patch notes seem solid. I'm a bit disappointed they haven't addressed the lag :/, it can't just be me right? Its gotten worse since launch. I can deal with some slight balance issues, and annoyances, but lag spikes are really annoying.

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/12003/a-glitch-in-the-frontier-the-patch-notes

The big takeaways for me

• fixed sun glare on certain maps (hopefully this means for increased FOV as well)
  • titan melee reduction
  • crosshairs do not go away when firing from hip
  • Ion shoulder laser accuracy from distance reduced
  • charge rifle slight boost
  • archer tracking reduction

Still no G2 or flatline nerf though, and yet again no Volt buff.

:(

Still looking forward to it! Nice to have a totally new map finally.

JaMarco

I'm a bit disappointed they haven't addressed the lag :/, it can't just be me right? Its gotten worse since launch. I can deal with some slight balance issues, and annoyances, but lag spikes are really annoying.
The lags spikes are crazy. And no G2 nerf... :/

No aim assist, G2, Flatline, or Phase Shift tweaks.

Pilot vs Titans balance looks to be decent now, but won't know for certain until the Archer impressions tomorrow. I just don't understand why they're wanting to stick with the low TTK. There are interviews where the devs are stating TF1 felt "too chaotic" but are perfectly fine with the CoD TTK. The top weapons kill in three shots, and less when Amped. How does that not add to the problem they were trying to address?

Completely baffled.

Izuna

Banned
slight boost to charge rifle?

slight?

Either they made it worthwhile or it ain't. I wanna try it out tho.

But seriously why are they nerfing the last useful Anti-Titan weapon instead of bringing the rest of them up?

Pilot vs Titans balance looks to be decent now, but won't know for certain until the Archer impressions tomorrow. I just don't understand why they're wanting to stick with the low TTK. There are interviews where the devs are stating TF1 felt "too chaotic" but are perfectly fine with the CoD TTK. The top weapons kill in three shots, and less when Amped. How does that not add to the problem they were trying to address?

Completely baffled.

Just be happy we still get to play Titanfall 1. :3

We'll get there with Titanfall 2 eventually, or we get a great co-op mode.

Just noticed there aren't any Pilot melee fixes... Not to mention the lag and framerate issues that have worsened after each patch (on PS4 at least)

slight boost to charge rifle?

slight?

Either they made it worthwhile or it ain't. I wanna try it out tho.

But seriously why are they nerfing the last useful Anti-Titan weapon instead of bringing the rest of them up?

We should know the exact changes tomorrow when that reddit guy goes digging.

Just be happy we still get to play Titanfall 1. :3

We'll get there with Titanfall 2 eventually, or we get a great co-op mode.

I haven't played it since Friday or Saturday. The low FoV is too much for me to enjoy that game again :(

VeeP

Yeah, Titanfall 1 with the QoL fixes we got in the sequel? Lawd.

FoV Slider and Custom Sensitivity patch pls

You want your Titanfall 1 fixes, you gotta wait. Wait for Titanfall Remaster: The BT Collection when it launches on the 10th anniversary of TF1, March 11, 2024.

Just pray Saber and United Front Games aren't in charge of the Remaster.

Izuna

Banned
You want your Titanfall 1 fixes, you gotta wait. Wait for Titanfall Remaster: The BT Collection when it launches on the 10th anniversary of TF1, March 11, 2024.

Just pray Saber and United Front Games aren't in charge of the Remaster.

Titanfall 1 should get a Scorpio update.

MS should push for it

SwolBro

Banned

Completely baffled.

Truthfully, the faster TTK actually makes the game less chaotic so they achieved their goal with that. Before you'd have multiple gun fights lasting much longer than they do now. . So many people would be bouncing around and what not which helped create that "chaotic" feel.

At this point it's safe to assume they don't want to adjust TTK, just like they don't want to adjust the aim-assist nor the pilot outline. We may get some nerfs to the G2 and flatline but overall adjustment to TTK? Nope. With how far into the games' life cycle we're in they wouldn't want to screw with the aim-assist and risk having a major backlash from people that can't adjust. The pilot glow with all the camoes they're introducing is also never going to be turned down. Those two things contribute to the stupid fast TTK as much as the bullet damage and range of all these guns do.

Titanfall 1 should get a Scorpio update.

MS should push for it

Push for it? from who? Respawn? I'm pretty sure they're running thin on resources at the moment. Do you even think we'll get a TItanfall 3? I highly doubt it. If there is one it's because EA will be feeling like they're the ones responsible for the lackluster sales this time around, even though they're not entirely responsible.

Izuna

Banned
Push for it? from who? Respawn? I'm pretty sure they're running thin on resources at the moment. Do you even think we'll get a TItanfall 3? I highly doubt it. If there is one it's because EA will be feeling like they're the ones responsible for the lackluster sales this time around, even though they're not entirely responsible.

An update for Scorpio to run Titanfall 1 at 1080p and remove the tearing shouldn't take too many resources. An FoV slider would take some UI stuff but it's mostly stuff that is already in the PC version (FoV slider for older consoles would kill performance tho).

We will definitely get a Titanfall 3. Game is selling well, it's just not a "hit".

There's no room for a competitive scene. They brought over people like FROTHY and GAMESAGER to help balance the game pre release because that's all Respawn had to choose since Titanfall dropped without Private Matches and a lot of basic stuff to keep a scene.

So I don't blame them for not knowing better. I just like... Maybe the original was a fluke. The way the balance ended up being, maybe if they didn't have development hell it wouldn't have emulated an Arena shooter as much as it did.

If anything, they should be learning that it's the PC gamers they need to cater to if they want this game to be hyper competitive. They don't have Halo players or the CoD crowd and they probably never will.

I'd like to see them take Titanfall 2 into a more competitive direction but if they go the other way (these updates suggest they won't but who knows) then they fucked up an opportunity.

Titanfall has the ability to make players who aren't very good feel like they're actually good at this one, even if their kd is low etc. But it's not those people who will give a shit what they do with balance. So all the "this game is fine, it's amazing" people are unwittingly asking for the game to never be bigger than it is.

New Execution: Get to the Point [Pulse Blade]: Unlocks after getting 10 Pilot kills with the Pulse Blade. If you have already achieved the 10 kills it will unlock retroactively

It's gonna be nothing but pulse blade wall hacks now in every lobby what a dumb idea.

SwolBro

Banned
... Maybe the original was a fluke. The way the balance ended up being, maybe if they didn't have development hell it wouldn't have emulated an Arena shooter as much as it did.
I was just thinking this after reading a comment on reddit. For real how did they balance the first game so well? They made so many proper gameplay decisions.

For example Titanfall 1 SMGs allowed you to move faster, and now i don't even know if that's there, is it? I don't feel much of a difference between the SMGs and ARs. And the TTK in the first game was codlike but unlike COD (and Titanfall 2) it allowed for you to break peoples' aim with proper moves like right-left in air jukes and with simply being fast. So many excellent design decisions that have all been rolled back lol

I was just thinking this after reading a comment on reddit. For real how did they balance the first game so well? They made so many proper gameplay decisions.

For example Titanfall 1 SMGs allowed you to move faster, and now i don't even know if that's there, is it? I don't feel much of a difference between the SMGs and ARs. And the TTK in the first game was codlike but unlike COD (and Titanfall 2) it allowed for you to break peoples' aim with proper moves like right-left in air jukes and with simply being fast. So many excellent design decisions that have all been rolled back lol

I always just assumed since the titanfall one community died so fast they made all these changes to lower the skill gap and make the game easier. Hoping to capture the casuals.

I think that's my main issue with this game you can't really escape gunfights now unless you use phase shift and it feels like such a crutch I stopped using it.

New Execution: Get to the Point [Pulse Blade]: Unlocks after getting 10 Pilot kills with the Pulse Blade. If you have already achieved the 10 kills it will unlock retroactively

It's gonna be nothing but pulse blade wall hacks now in every lobby what a dumb idea.

Good, get people to stop using Phase Shift all the time.

If Inner Pieces required 10 telefrags with that ability, people would never stop using it

SwolBro

Banned
I think that's my main issue with this game you can't really escape gunfights now unless you use phase shift and it feels like such a crutch I stopped using it.

It's the main issue for most people. It's the very reason why i could never stand playing COD and why i was hesitant in buying pre-launch Titanfall 1.

Top Bottom