• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got beat up badly: How do you guys fight? (if at all...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a dumbass, plain and simple. You don't go in to fight a group even if you are the most powerful and technically skilled man in the world, there's too much unpredictability there for it to be smart.

Second you need to learn some martial arts/boxing/etc. in order to handle yourself properly. I have years of Karate, Jeet Kune Do, Muay Thai and Boxing training cause my dad was smart enough to know that I might need it someday. So my suggestion is hit the gym and learn some moves in any sort of self defense method, it is definitely ideal to never get into a fight but chances are you might end up on the other end of being physically attacked and then you need to have some way to defend yourself.

So yeah, hit the gym and learn how to fight from professionals, and remember to use it as self defense only.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
First off, don't start shit with someone in a non 1v1 situation. Otherwise you have to bring backup and shit escalates. Secondly, fuck shoving fights. If you want to win you'd better be the first to connect. You can still win if you're not but your % goes down by a lot. Lastly, no amount of advice will ever replace experience. If you're ready to learn to protect yourself then you should really take up a combat sport. Don't go to those self defense classes that rely on people to attack and respond a certain way. Start sparring and get used to fighting. That, or realize you're not made for it and avoid at all costs.

Kevtones

OP is a solid dude. Don't hate.

+ Avoid or walk away. Fight the urge.
+ Going into the punch at the right angle is the best approach if unavoidable.
+ Fighting dirty against a group results in murders, don't do it.
+ Don't use your legs unless you have to.
+ Fetal position is a good move in the position you were in.

What's your build?

JABEE

lol, this is an almost non-existant opinion on gaf but just cause she's a girl doesn't mean she can't be my bro. I would go into the fiery depths of mordor for her, we've got a close friendship.

If I was with friends the outcome would be different (or at least less bruises) but I was stupid, and I confronted more than one person. And not only that but fighting over stupid shit like this is pretty dumb.

I'm still friends with the chick but, this is one of the low points for sure hahaa

EDIT: yes yes I know, I'm posting multiple steps to my get smart and learn from this program -

1) don't approach a bunch of people all gassed up
2) get more fit
3) don't fight unless you have to defend yourself (and not your honor, I mean physical self)
4) stay out of drama, this isn't 90210

I thought you fought him over the things he said about you not him abusing your friend.

Blair

Banned
you tried solo tanking a group of mobs?

dude atleast get a dps so you can nuke down the main target quick, even if you die to the other mobs.

Man you aren't going to win a fight against 3 people unless you can take one of them out right at the beginning. If you are literally asking how to fight, like you dont know how, throw punches. If you are trying not to get hit you cant hit people.

JABEE

Also, was this a backstreet boy that beat you up? I have no clue what you were going for with that sentence.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You stuck your nose into someone business, go out of your way to start shit, all while alone when he is with a group of guys.

There isn't any sort of fighting technique which is going to balance out these actions.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Advice: Numbers usually always win. Why you decided to start shit solo infront of his friends is beyond me.
this is what happens when you listen to rap
:lol

You got beat up over a girl you aren't even fucking
aEdgc.gif

HiResDes

Disco you're my dude, but how you gonna get pumped up to fight listening to pretty boy swag music. I feel like some Brotha Lynch Hung would be the only thing appropriate for such a maniacal maneuver.

After reading the op my brain hurts about as much as your body does I would suppose. You already know the answers to most of your questions. You acted foolishly by letting his childish behavior get you riled up to the point of starting a fight with him in front of his friends. You had no weapons, no backup and were probably in a secluded area.

In other words, you did it all wrong.

There is no getting used to getting hit. Take it from a person who used to spar with people twice his size twice weekly. There is no getting used to getting hit.

You can train yourself to understand how much pain you are in, but dulling the pain receptors is incredibly difficult to do without building up extra bone matter or fat. And even then the shockwaves/sting/burn/different types of pain still get through.

Jenga

Banned
mistake number 1. instigating when he's with friends

mistake number 2. instigating in the first place.

if you aren't romantically involved with the girl who gives a shit? just shoulda kept it chill and casual and once the dumbass realizes you aren't involved with his ex there wouldn't have been any trouble once he got over it

abuC

There's no rules when you're fighting like that, my father taught me how to box when I was young, and I have no problem saying I fight dirty as hell. You should have either poked that guy in the eye, or kicked him as hard as you could in the balls to incapacitate him. And while it might look "douchey" taking off your shirt makes it much harder for someone to grab a hold of you.

I avoid fights though, but if it comes down to it, your eyes will be poked, liver and kidney punches will be delivered, and I will be stepping on your feet before I throw a punch, if there's sand anywhere in the vicinity it's ending up in your eyes too.

Unless you're able to land 1 hit KOs is never a good idea to engage a party when riding solo.

Also if you get thrown to the floor you should (enguruñarte) crawl yourself trying to form a basketball.

Unless you know how to fight doing whatever it takes to win, don't engage on fights, not even against just 1 guy.

Sorry OP but your actions were stupid, avoid making the same errors again.

bwahhhhh

in the real world, three average male gaffers together could probably beat up some of the best fighters in the world in a 3-on-1 fight. (well, maybe not three average male gaffers, but three average men for sure)

in a 3-on-1, you need mad skills, some luck and probably the first strike as well. since you didn't have any of the above, you got mangled.

HiResDes

Yeah if I'm going to fight more than one guy, I'm going to have to try and sucker punch/kick one of them in the hopes of incapacitating him as soon as possible.

I BE THAT PRETTY MUTHAFUCKA

Seriously if he was listening to that particular song that'd pretty much be the funniest scene I can think of, no offense

it was Brand New Guy. and I definitely should have been listening to Blackace's WCW Ice Cube mix instead....my biggest regret of the day.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
You'll need to learn basic numbers before learning how to fight.

And while learning the numbers (X>1 kind of stuff), remember that you never actually solve anything by beating the shit out of a douchebag.

If I'm getting jumped you best to believe it's going to be the dirtiest fight ever. I'm kicking/punching balls, I'm grabbing everything slamming it across heads, I'm poking eyes, I'm doing everything.

abuC

in the real world, three average male gaffers together could probably beat up some of the best fighters in the world in a 3-on-1 fight. (well, maybe not three average male gaffers, but three average men for sure)

in a 3-on-1, you need mad skills, some luck and probably the first strike as well. since you didn't have any of the above, you got mangled.

Nah, have you ever seen what happens to a person when a professional fighter hits them without a glove on?

Mitch-Green.jpg

That's the result of a glancing punch from Mike Tyson when he and Mitch Green got into it on the street. I know Mike Tyson is a poor example, but I'd always pick the pro versus 3 average males, mainly because his punches will connect at a much higher rate and they will be a lot more damaging.

The average person throws looping "wind up" punches that you can see coming from a mile away.

You sound like a douche. You are also an idiot for provoking someone into a fight in front of their friends and with no back-up of your own. (Note, I am not saying you should provoke someone WITH backup either, it's equally stupid to provoke someone no matter the situation)

As for tips fighting multiple people -

Your best bet is to disable as many of them as quickly as possible, don't focus all of your attention on one opponent. You best bet is to dodge/slap away attacks, attempt to trip one or more of them, and then run away. A prolonged conflict will almost certainly not go well against multiple people unless you seriously out-match them. Stay mobile and don't get surrounded.

I'd like to brag about my personal fight stories but that would feel too self-serving.

HiResDes

it was Brand New Guy. and I definitely should have been listening to Blackace's WCW Ice Cube mix instead....my biggest regret of the day.

Naw when Schoolboy comes on that shit can make a dude wanna uppercut his own mama and shit.

Well at least it wasn't as bad as this:

ibrVfuso6EOBYK.gif

mr2xxx

Banned
lol, this is an almost non-existant opinion on gaf but just cause she's a girl doesn't mean she can't be my bro. I would go into the fiery depths of mordor for her, we've got a close friendship.

If I was with friends the outcome would be different (or at least less bruises) but I was stupid, and I confronted more than one person. And not only that but fighting over stupid shit like this is pretty dumb.

I'm still friends with the chick but, this is one of the low points for sure hahaa

EDIT: yes yes I know, I'm posting multiple steps to my get smart and learn from this program -

1) don't approach a bunch of people all gassed up
2) get more fit
3) don't fight unless you have to defend yourself (and not your honor, I mean physical self)
4) stay out of drama, this isn't 90210
Do you normally go through your guy friend's phone?

Amagon

You sound like a douche. You are also an idiot for provoking someone into a fight in front of their friends and with no back-up of your own. (Not, I am not saying you should provoke someone WITH backup either, it's equally stupid to provoke someone no matter the situation)

As for tips fighting multiple people -

Your best bet is to disable as many of them as quickly as possible, don't focus all of your attention on one opponent. You best bet is to dodge/slap away attacks, attempt to trip one or more of them, and then run away. A prolonged conflict will almost certainly not go well against multiple people unless you seriously out-match them. Stay mobile and don't get surrounded.

I'd like to brag about my personal fight stories but that would feel too self-serving.
3Alsql.png

PK Gaming

Its not possible for you to take on 3 guys without formal training or if you're just a fucking monster. I suggest saying something witty and running the hell out of there. Yeah its cowardly, but i'd rather be a coward than some guy who got his ass beat by 3 scumbags.

Gilgamesh

conditions for winning in a real street fight:

1. being the dirtiest fighter
2. having the most friends with you
3. having the biggest stick
4. slamming the other guy's head into more objects and surfaces than he does you

DR3AM

1. spit him in the face
2. wait till he wipes the spit with his hand
3. while hes doing that hit him in the nuts with your foot
4. while he goes down start hitting him as much as you can

thats what im hoping to do if i ever get into a fight. cheap but effective

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Sounds like you definitely provoked a situation that could have been avoided.

But you're asking for fighting tips, so here's mine.
1. Turn your back on the guy (weird I know but keep reading)
2. Look back over your shoulder. As you're doing this, lift your left knee into the air.
3. Lower your left knee until your foot touches the ground, making sure that your foot has advanced forward from its original position.
4. Repeat with your right leg.
5. Do this cycle over and over as fast as you can.

I don't think you adequately described the simultaneous positive and negative polarity of each leg relative to each other. What you describe here sounds like NES animation.

Avtomat

From the phrasing of the OP I assume you are fellow Londoner.

In which case, wtf is this pussy shit man, man should ave gone hard innnit!
BUSSED OUT the shimmy, shimmy jab n dat. Tell dem brothers to step back ya get me. Cos it's war out ere fam we don't take no prisoners.

OK seriously, when you are out numbered don't escalate a situation. I got into a scuffle with someone and his friends the only reason I got out was because I did my best not to start a fight. He swung at me a few times I ducked and parried, got him into a shoving match before getting him in a headlock. I NEVER SWUNG back why? Because I know if it got that far his friends would step in and they would most definitely be in his corner and I would be fucked with a capital 'F'. So give his friends plenty of opportunity to defuse the situation or as happened in my case a bystander and his friends.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Aikido. Defensive martial art. It fits me because I'm not a fighter... but now I just don't get hit.

Though if I'm really pissed I'll throw some street fighting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom