• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Star Wars Open World RPG

I sense a great disturbance in the force. As if one million Disney lawyers cried out in ecstasy then suddenly silenced this indie team.

I don't think you can even call this a "team". It's a dude who couldn't even format his Star Wars logo to properly fit on the Kickstarter page.

Kayant

Hi I am Devin Tripp I am 20 years old and I have owned businesses ranging from clothing to stocks. I have learned and changed a lot in such short time. There is still much to learn, and I know that I am better prepared for the future to come.
I guess you still have a learning to do.

Interfectum

Your payment method will not be charged at this time. If the project is successfully funded, your payment method will be charged $1,500.00 when the project ends.

17474d3a52fd7efdada7b5896b5c5906.png

Weetrick

So let's say people keep donating for the laughs and he meets his $200,000 goal.

Does that mean he can just pocket the money and walk away without any legal repercussions? I'm not clear on how Kickstarter works.

So, he wants to make a game like the Witcher 3 in 2 years - with no experience whatsoever - with $200k, when the Witcher 3 took 4 years to make, with a massive staff and cost the equivalent of $76 million USD?

Seems legit.

13randO

You can't have a Kickstarter with the campaign blurb being punctually and grammarically incorrect; that stuff is basic...Also, so is having the rights, the talent and a clue, that stuff too. Good luck Devin, may obi one be with you.

With Kickstarter it's all about doing some research and making sure the developers have their bases covered and know what they are doing.

Devin Tripp seems like a good kid and encourage you all to back this.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I love the idea of enough people jokingly pledging $1,500 to actually hit the funding goal.

So, he wants to make a game like the Witcher 3 in 2 years - with no experience whatsoever - with $200k, when the Witcher 3 took 4 years to make, with a massive staff and cost the equivalent of $76 million USD?

Seems legit.

Have you read The Mythical Man-Month? The more people you put on a project the less they get done and the more it costs

Raggie

Oh, that's cute. I'd love to be that young again and think I would be able to publish my own dream Star Wars game.

BiggNife

"Hi I am Devin Tripp I am 20 years old and I have owned businesses ranging from clothing to stocks. I have learned and changed a lot in such short time. There is still much to learn, and I know that I am better prepared for the future to come."

o-VINCENT-ADULTMAN-570.jpg

shoplifter

Hi I am Devin Tripp I am 20 years old and I have owned businesses ranging from clothing to stocks. I have learned and changed a lot in such short time. There is still much to learn, and I know that I am better prepared for the future to come.

Game designers, take heed: the quickest way you can turn me off of your project is by describing it in terms of other games. Telling me your game is gonna be "like a cross between ______ and ______!" tells me that at best you're hopelessly idealistic and don't get that you can't just mash two games together and call it a day, and at worst that you're name dropping popular titles for a cash in on their fan bases.

Vire

I hope this is the new potato salad. People jokingly donate hundreds of dollars and it actually gets funded.

imBask

Banned
how many of you had started 2 companies by the age of 20?

that's what I thought. Devin is a genius, how can you judge him!

Top Bottom