• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

Boss Man

Man, just got my Wii U in and after playing Nintendo Land (which I laughed at when it was revealed) and WWHD, I'm honestly excited for anything that Nintendo releases at this point. Their games just make you smile. At the beginning of Nintendo Land where it has you look around for the host guy, that was so cool to me. I guess it doesn't take much these days, just any mechanic that isn't something you've done 1000 times before. Looking forward to 3DWorld and Pikmin coming in the mail.

jmizzal

Will we get Wii Sport Club Golf this year?

Most likely tomorrow or thursday
Good idea to release them one a month from here on

Nov Tennis - bowling
Dec Golf
Jan Baseball
Feb boxing
March retail bunding
Then after that announce Wii Sports Resort games coming to the club

jmizzal

So we can expect

-Nintendo 1st Party
-Dancing/Zumba/Fitness ??
-Lego games (love them as I can play with the wife)
-WatchDogs/Child of Light
-Disney/Skylanders
-Indies: small games are important but for the Wii U it is key that they get the bigger projects to supplement their 1st party SW
-Pubs small projects: for all the shit Ubi gets, from the top of my head I think they were the only ones experimenting with smaller projects (Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Call of Juarez Gunslinger), if future similar projects could come to the Wii U it would be great, less risk for pubs and they can build mindshare in the platform for a particular IP.
-I know Nintendo is catering to another audience but I think it needs a Counter Strike Source, a simple but fun MP offering that can be expanded over time, it can cost $15-25. If they want to be even more ambitious (which they wont sadly) have a similar Arena Shooter (this genre will be revitalized this gen)
-Wii U needs next Metroid and another mature Nintendo title ASAP
-By X launch I would have at least initial stages complete for another JRPG, if X is a success then complete said project ASAP

Yea WiiU would be good for those games, I was surprised AC Liberation was not coming to WiiU too and I still hope WiiU gets Ghost Recon online

Roo

Not sure if this is okay to ask, but--anyone know why D-e-f- was banned?

Maybe the Nintendo Downloads thread had something to do with it.
I saw there was a heated discussion going on there and he was part of it but I'm not sure.
It sucks to be banned right before a Nintendo Direct is coming.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Man, just got my Wii U in and after playing Nintendo Land (which I laughed at when it was revealed) and WWHD, I'm honestly excited for anything that Nintendo releases at this point. Their games just make you smile. At the beginning of Nintendo Land where it has you look around for the host guy, that was so cool to me. I guess it doesn't take much these days, just any mechanic that isn't something you've done 1000 times before. Looking forward to 3DWorld and Pikmin coming in the mail.

Nintendo Land is way more polished than people think of it when hearing it is a collection of mini-games. And it has a lot of depth. Just play the Metroid or Pikmin games and see how many levels are there. And if you have some friends to come over an play Mario Chase, Luigi Mansion and Animal Crossing games, it will be the greatest fun ever.

Nintendo Land is way more polished than people think of it when hearing it is a collection of mini-games. And it has a lot of depth. Just play the Metroid or Pikmin games and see how many levels are there. And if you have some friends to come over an play Mario Chase, Luigi Mansion and Animal Crossing games, it will be the greatest fun ever.

It IS a hugely underrated game and I suspect, as is often the case, it is underrated by people who haven't played the damned game. It is a very polished and surprisingly deep game, with great lighting, textures and DOF effects. Music is also god-tier. Especially, Balloon Flight and Zelda.

Not sure if this is okay to ask, but--anyone know why D-e-f- was banned?

I seen one of the other popular Wii U threads got banned since it basically turned into a Wii U OT. Which is a shame, I much prefer the days when it was okay to have such things - fond memories of the vita OT. Anyway, it's probably due to an argument on Nintendo Downloads. I'm sure he'll be back soon.

69wpm

My guess is this

Not the smartest way to respond to a mod

Uh, I'm quite sure that response was not to a mod but a general one to the people that were pissed about the sale because

a) they didn't like the games
b) they already have those games

Anyway, this just confirms that it's not worth it to get into an argument with anyone about anything on gaf.

69wpm

I caved in and got ZombiU on sale yesterday! I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about the game. What is everyone's opinion on it?

It's the reason I bought my Wii U. Amazing game, great atmosphere, certainly not perfect, but probably the best survival horror I've played in the last 10 years. Just remember you're not Rambo and enjoy it. Play it in the dark with a great sound setup or headphones and you will cry like a little girl.

What sale? I still need to get a copy.

Not a crazy sale but it's 15$ at Future Shop and Best Buy (Canada).

It's the reason I bought my Wii U. Amazing game, great atmosphere, certainly not perfect, but probably the best survival horror I've played in the last 10 years. Just remember you're not Rambo and enjoy it. Play it in the dark with a great sound setup or headphones and you will cry like a little girl.

Sounds great! I have been craving a good survival horror game.

69wpm

Where did you hear this? Is there a link?

Bbxj0DjIQAAkxPo.png

Source: Nintendo twitter

Full Details of Sale UK/Europe. 26/12 to 02/01 unless stated:

Zombi U - 7.99 / 9.99
Rayman Legends - 16.99 / 20.99
Assassin's Creed Black Flag - 30% off.
Splinter Cell Blacklist - 50% off
Resident Evil: Revelations - 50% off - Runs to 09/01.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - 20% off - Runs 19/12 to 26/12.
Zen Pinball 2 - 50% off
Toki Tori 2+ - 40% off - Starts 19/12.
TNT Racers - 35% off - Starts 19/12.
Duck Tales Remastered - 40% off - Runs to 09/01.
Cloudberry Kingdom - 50% off.

Full Details of Sale UK/Europe. 26/12 to 02/01 unless stated:

Zombi U - 7.99 / 9.99
Rayman Legends - 16.99 / 20.99
Assassin's Creed Black Flag - 30% off.
Splinter Cell Blacklist - 50% off
Resident Evil: Revelations - 50% off - Runs to 09/01.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - 20% off - Runs 19/12 to 26/12.
Zen Pinball 2 - 50% off
Toki Tori 2+ - 40% off - Starts 19/12.
TNT Racers - 35% off - Starts 19/12.
Duck Tales Remastered - 40% off - Runs to 09/01.
Cloudberry Kingdom - 50% off.

So does that mean RE:Rev will be £20. I'd maybe bite at £15, but it'll probably drop to about £10 retail inside 3-6 months and I'm not dieing to play it.

prag16

Banned
I know Nintendo is catering to another audience but I think it needs a Counter Strike Source, a simple but fun MP offering that can be expanded over time, it can cost $15-25. If they want to be even more ambitious (which they wont sadly) have a similar Arena Shooter (this genre will be revitalized this gen)

I'd love to see an arena shooter multiplayer element to the next Metroid with pointer control support. Not holding my breath though.

I need my pointer controlled shooter fix, and I need an alternative to CoD, which is lackluster in so many ways.

So, I'll create a new thread in January with a new design (and additional information maybe). ;)

• Donkey Kong Country
• Mario Kart 8
• Monoliths X
• Watch Dogs
• Project Cars
• Hyrule Warriors
• Yoshi's Epic Yarn
• Bayonetta 2

This will be a great year, can't wait for further announcements.

So, I'll create a new thread in January with a new design (and additional information maybe). ;)

• Donkey Kong Country
• Mario Kart 8
• Monoliths X
• Watch Dogs
• Project Cars
• Hyrule Warriors
• Yoshi's Epic Yarn
• Bayonetta 2

No doubt about it and thank you very much for your efforts in this thread, but I am kind of worried to the release rate...

• Donkey Kong Country
• Mario Kart 8
• Monoliths X
• Watch Dogs
• Project Cars
• Hyrule Warriors
• Yoshi's Epic Yarn
• Bayonetta 2

Thanks for making this thread. Got WiiU because of this thread and loving it. Next year looks amazing so far and hope more people start to see the WiiU has brilliant games!

Still need to get W101 and others but working way through what I have.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Hey Smoker, for next year's thread, could you put a tag for what games have DLC? Something that looks like the Off-TV Play tag would probably be sufficient.

Zalman

• Donkey Kong Country
• Mario Kart 8
• Monoliths X
• Watch Dogs
• Project Cars
• Hyrule Warriors
• Yoshi's Epic Yarn
• Bayonetta 2

You totally forgot the best Wii U game coming out next year!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I've been getting into MH3:U since I beat Zombi U a few days ago. It's really good and a MUCH more friendly experience than when I stumbled into the original MonHun on PS2 back in the day. I think I played it like twice and gave up, but this is really well explained so far and the ProJared videos have been helping me a fair deal.

Feindflug

• Donkey Kong Country
• Mario Kart 8
• Monoliths X
• Watch Dogs
• Project Cars
• Hyrule Warriors
• Yoshi's Epic Yarn
• Bayonetta 2

You forgot Super Smash Bros. but yeah Wii U's 2014 line-up looks really great. As for further announcements will there be a January Direct? I'd love to see a new Project Zero game announced. :)

maxcriden

Okay, got to play DK: TF today at the San Diego Zoo! My wife and I were there and they have this Jungle Bells Christmas-y deal going on sponsored by Nintendo/DK. There were 8-10 kiosks with Wii Us, HDTVs, and four DK: TF levels to play available. There was also a DK photo op available. We played 1-1 and 1-4. We could have played more but didn't want to spoil the game. The reps contracted by Nintendo were selling the Wii U hardcore to the various people stopping by and playing. I did ask one if most people knew what a Wii U was and they said a lot of people did know, some had one, and a lot of people did not know. Anyway, the game itself was great. The Gamepad was not available to play on (sadface) but Wiimote + Nunchuk worked well enough although I am not a fan of shake-to-roll. My wife did 1-1 and I did the 1-4, a minecart level. These were both levels heavily featured in the trailers and they were a lot of fun, extremely similar to DKCR but with much better graphics. It did feel like this was a demo based on a slightly older build as the lighting engine in the latest trailer for one seemed much improved compared to the demo we played. I'll try to post some pics, but the game was a blast and I'm super psyched to play it more when it comes out.

JDeluis

Okay, got to play DK: TF today at the San Diego Zoo! My wife and I were there and they have this Jungle Bells Christmas-y deal going on sponsored by Nintendo/DK. There were 8-10 kiosks with Wii Us, HDTVs, and four DK: TF levels to play available. There was also a DK photo op available. We played 1-1 and 1-4. We could have played more but didn't want to spoil the game. The reps contracted by Nintendo were selling the Wii U hardcore to the various people stopping by and playing. I did ask one if most people knew what a Wii U was and they said a lot of people did know, some had one, and a lot of people did not know. Anyway, the game itself was great. The Gamepad was not available to play on (sadface) but Wiimote + Nunchuk worked well enough although I am not a fan of shake-to-roll. My wife did 1-1 and I did the 1-4, a minecart level. These were both levels heavily featured in the trailers and they were a lot of fun, extremely similar to DKCR but with much better graphics. It did feel like this was a demo based on a slightly older build as the lighting engine in the latest trailer for one seemed much improved compared to the demo we played. I'll try to post some pics, but the game was a blast and I'm super psyched to play it more when it comes out.

Awesome! I'm going next week. The San Diego Zoo magazine has an ad for DK.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
got Lego Marvel and Batman Origins with good deals on GameStop (30 and 35 respectively).
I will be tempted to download rayman from the eshop during the sale period! 20€ seems gret, especially considering that I should have 10€ discount code from the Premium offer!

L~A

https://twitter.com/NINTENthusiast/status/415150519644995584

"Today we're revealing a 3rd party multiplatform game (PS4/X1/Wii U) that will have unique GamePad functionality. Reveal at 5pm EST"

They say it will be a retail game

Didn't they label that as a rumour? I have to admit, I didn't check. I just refuse to give clicks to those clickbait teasing stories. Still curious about it, though I'm not expecting anything big (DL and/or shovelware).

Top Bottom