• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Community Thread - FEEL THE HEAT!

Chesskid1

Banned
i remember i posted in the yakuza kiwami OT about how the judo grappling guy was a real person and like 3 people replied holy shit that's a real guy??

those poor souls whom haven't realize most of the girls are real too.

We're currently not accepting new members for this discord. Though this is only for 2-3 days while we figure some stuff out.

After that, I advise you send me a PM for a discord link since chances are I'll forget to post a link here.

Damn, using Akiyama in the colliseum is brutal. He sucks so bad. Managed to cheese my way through some of it with just spamming his launch strike attack. Whoever told me earlier that this game comes to a dead stop when doing colliseum wasnt kidding. Been working on this for 2 days and only have Kiryu and not even half of akiyama done.

sotojuan

Hey Yakuza friends. I played 0 and Kiwami over the summer and loved them. I have a PS3 and bought Yakuza 4 because I saw it at a GameStop recently. Is it fine to play this without having played 3? I'm trying to get through 3-5 before 6 comes out in the US.

Rellik

Hey Yakuza friends. I played 0 and Kiwami over the summer and loved them. I have a PS3 and bought Yakuza 4 because I saw it at a GameStop recently. Is it fine to play this without having played 3? I'm trying to get through 3-5 before 6 comes out in the US.

From what I remember (It's been a while since I played Y4), Yakuza 4 has recap videos in the menu to catch you up on the story.

Last edited:
200+ hours in Yakuza 0. Had privilege to play Yakuza 2 on ps2 a week after its release, Yakuza 3 and 4 as well and now all sitting on my collection. Amazing thread btw.

Mooreberg

After "real life" got in the way 72 hours before the release of Yakuza 0 last year, I didn't end up playing it until December and finished it last month. I just started Yakuza Kiwami this month and I'm tearing through it, already on chapter eleven of thirteen. I'll have finished every domestic release, including that zombie game, with a little more time to spare before Yakuza 6 than I had thought (obviously the delay adds to that). Of the following games, which one has the best side missions - Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Yakuza 0, or Yakuza Kiwami? With pretty much every game, I usually have the trophy for thirty side stories completed once I'm done with the main campaign, but then I never really get back to the side missions and the lack of autosave makes it something that I don't casually chip away at like I would with a Fallout or Grand Theft Auto game. Yakuza 5 I can't play again until/unless I get back on PS+, but that was already far and away my top play time of all the games (pushing 60 hours, rather than the 20 - 30 hours for everything else). It seems like Yakuza 0 would have the best ones since the side missions have just kept getting better/crazier as the series progresses, and I have that on my PS4 HDD as a digital purchase so it is easier to dip back into once in a while compared to the PS3 stuff which would probably require some disk space juggling.

Top Bottom