• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

Actually, thinking about it, getting Monado so high could be a bad thing.
They'll release the game as Xenoblade, but we'll get all these people on board for Monado.
Uh oh.

Good that the sites covering this are including the howtogetinvolved info. Hopefully that leads to a deafening AWOOGA on Nintendo's end.

Trurl said:
Are the people at NoA terrible or is this the result of Kyoto's expectations of America?

A bit of both.
NCL gives NoA and NoE a list of games that they can localize.
It's up to each branch to then decide which games it thinks will sell.
Of course, they sometimes choose completely idiotic games (Glory of Hurcule...).

Codeblue

I really hope we see the return of Starmen.net's campaign centered around the release of the next Smash. It may have been a hopeless cause, but it was the single most admirable show of support for a video game, culminating in an amazing fan translation. It was brilliantly planned and they certainly deserved to see their game get a boxed release.

This is a little more feasible since NoA wouldn't have to do any work. No need to rename people for us, just release the Euro translation and no one will care about oddities in dialect.

AceBandage said:
They'll release the game as Xenoblade, but we'll get all these people on board for Monado.
Uh oh.

I'm sure they'll find some way of telling the public. We'll get cross this bridge eventually, I'm sure, but we need to worry about making NoA see this first.

AceBandage said:
Uh oh.
That doesn't seem like an issue at all. Everyone who wants Xenoblade should know about the Monado title.

Holy shit Monado is at #4.

If we could get one of these fancy pants websites to contact Amazon for comment on the sudden dramatic rise in Monado's pre-orders, that would be sweet yo.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Much better than the usual petition signing crap.

Amazon should stick up more games without release dates just to gauge interest. Happens a lot with DVD/Blu-Ray, they just have the add your email address bit to be informed when it has a date.

wsippel

Banned
electroplankton said:
*watch the pics*
"It looks good and promising!"
:)
It is good. Really. It's probably not for everyone, though. It really is a "single player MMO" with an incredibly interesting, varied world and a more elaborate and structured story and pace.

Big One

Banned
Just a protip: I don't think Soraya Saga was involved with Xenoblade at all. Not on the site's credits at least. Kind of a missed opportunity.

mr_chun

Been following this over at IGN. Can't wait to see it hit #1. Looks like it's definitely gonna get there sometime today.

REGGGIEEEEEEE

Sianos

AceBandage said:
Uh oh.
Easy solution: release the game as Monado in the US.

Are these dates screwed up or am I just not interpreting them right? The time for them to arrive is a week before the target date.

XENOBLADE:
target date - July 11-13, 2011 (plan your letters to arrive around the 6th, not to ship on the 6th)

THE LAST STORY:
target date - July 18-20, 2011 (plan your letters to arrive around the 13th, not to ship on the 13th)

PANDORA'S TOWER:
target date - July 25-27, 2011 (plan your letters to arrive around the 20th, not to ship on the 20th)

Big One said:
Just a protip: I don't think Soraya Saga was involved with Xenoblade at all. Not on the site's credits at least. Kind of a missed opportunity.

She's married to Takahashi though, so she probably had some involvement and/or serves a direct line to Takahashi himself. :)

Meanwhile,

sorayasaga Soraya Saga
Thanks a lot for hoping its North American release. :)

Takao

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
Metabot DS didn't have a huge campaign from fans everywhere though.

Yeah, it's insane how many people want a shitty Ganbarian game.

I know no one wants Pandora's Tower, it's The Last Story, and Xenoblade that people are after.

Codeblue

Yeah, I found it pretty odd that Pandora's Tower was thrown in there. I didn't think it was anywhere near as popular as the other two.

Takao said:

I know no one wants Pandora's Tower, it's The Last Story, and Xenoblade that people are after.

I'd buy PT if it came out.
Seems like an interesting beat em up type game.

Codeblue said:
Yeah, I found it pretty odd that Pandora's Tower was thrown in there. I didn't think it was anywhere near as popular as the other two.
NoE has hinted at wanting to publish it as well which is why it's being included in this whole thing. Not that that's a bad thing, the game looks pretty cool actually.

I wish it was up on Amazon.ca, Amazon.com says they won't ship the game to Canada. So keep up the good fight my American brothers!

Eusis

AceBandage said:
Uh oh.
If they simply change it in Amazon's database to Xenoblade then at the least people who pre-ordered there don't need to worry. Though they might wonder why they're getting Xenoblade, at least until they looked it up.

Takao said:

I'm willing to try it. It looks decent, aside from the less than stellar graphics. I mean, I'd much rather hype up Disaster: Day of Crisis, but not as many want to get behind that.

Takao

Banned
AceBandage said:
I'd buy PT if it came out.
Seems like an interesting beat em up type game.

It just looks really trashy, it's from a team no one likes, and doesn't look very marketable in the US ("Let's have a heroine who eats the hearts of her enemies!").

Macstorm

I forwarded this link to Nintendo's PR firm. I know they likely can't do much, but the more people made aware the better, right?

Takao said:
It just looks really trashy, it's from a team no one likes, and doesn't look very marketable in the US ("Let's have a heroine who eats the hearts of her enemies!").

You just made me want it more.

And the game got a 31/40 in Famitsu. Not the best score in the world but the game isn't trash either.

Instro

Takao said:

Its the principle of the thing though really. Even if its not as good as the other two, all 3 games should be getting localized. I mean can anyone else think of a company that has refused to localize as many games as Nintendo has this gen?

I bet they end up just releasing one and its Pandora's Tower and everyones like omg I wanted Xenoblade and doesn't buy it and then NoA say omg and never do it again.

>_<

I would (rather will be, gogo PAL!) buying all 3, but really the rank goes Xenoblade > Last Story > Pandora's Tower.... Reggie you dick, make sure you know that.

Really though, all 3 should be well and truly on the way already, what the heck else is gonna last till Wii U, I can't believe they're just gonna sit with their fingers up their asses and expect 2 or 3 big titles to make do.

Zelda is Zelda yes, but come on, the games are there just release them. >_>

Top Bottom