• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

casiopao

We could use more talk about the games and such. :p

Also that design looks freaky, like final boss level of freaky I think.

Related note: I've not kept up to date with the new Digimon Story game ever since it looked like we will have no female MC. That's still the case right? If so, sad :( but I'll still get the game and looking forward to it. Just sad caused I love the Female MC expressions in Cyber Sleuth.

DS one allow u to use female though.

We could use more talk about the games and such. :p

Also that design looks freaky, like final boss level of freaky I think.

Related note: I've not kept up to date with the new Digimon Story game ever since it looked like we will have no female MC. That's still the case right? If so, sad :( but I'll still get the game and looking forward to it. Just sad caused I love the Female MC expressions in Cyber Sleuth.

It definitely looks like there is not playable female character. It does look like that NPC Erika is quite important, considering she is getting a lot of focus on artworks. I suppose they went this route for some reason. Perhaps they’ll add dating like some people want lol.

Oh right, almost didn’t notice on that DW2 I-dramon design. Eyes have pupil detail in that model, rather than current blank eye.

I hope the main character in Hacker's Memory has enough of a defined personality to make up for the lack of a female main character. Halfway blank slate protagonists are already bad enough without them taking away options.

In better news, Part 1 of a 2001 Mamoru Hosoda interview has been translated. I've always liked the original movie's perspective on Digimon. I know Tamers and Savers pursued the "not good or evil, just a wild animal" angle at some points, but I would be interested to see someone go all the way with the concept.

Stuart444

I hope the main character in Hacker's Memory has enough of a defined personality to make up for the lack of a female main character. Halfway blank slate protagonists are already bad enough without them taking away options.

Aye, agreed here. Ah well, hope DSHM is good. (Probably will be for me. :D)

I can't link it, because scans, but it looks like Bandai is going to release a 20th Anniversary Pendulum V-pet.

The Digital Monster V-pet is pretty great, so as long as they keep a reasonable price, I'll snag this one too. It would be neat if we got more new Digimon out of it, like GraceNovamon.

I got the info where you probably thought I got the info.

Aye, agreed here. Ah well, hope DSHM is good. (Probably will be for me. :D)

Raising the new Digimon will probably be enough to keep me entertained. I spent a not insignificant amount of time just evolving and devolving in Cyber Sleuth. (I hope PlatinumNumemon isn't nerfed.)

I figured there was a decent chance that we'd get a 20th anniversary Pendulum, so it's nice to have that being officially teased.

The Pendulums already had a pretty big lineup of Digimon, so it'd be cool to see even more Digimon added.

And maybe a Pendulum ver 20th art book, too? That would be cool.

So, there is this one great theory I read about that I think has some merit to it.

Slayerdramon was originally supposed to be Royal Knight instead of Examon.

There are many signs pointing for this:
-Slayerdramon looks much more like Royal Knight, covered in armor and cape. Examon is most different looking of them all.
-Examon is fusion of Dracomon’s two lines. Aerial Blue dragon line and Ground Green dragon line. Examon himself is flying, and Slayerdramon is bipedal. Flying Mega would fit Flying line better.
-Slayerdramon’s cape is mix of blue and green.
-Examon would connect better with Wingdramon. They have much more similar face and body structure.

This is interesting, because history has screwed Slayerdramon like no other. Thanks to not being a Royal Knight, he missed out on Cyber Sleuth & Next Order. Now he is niche pick for Links and presumably Hacker’s Memory. I suppose this is for better. Examon is more interest thanks to being different and his appereance in Cyber Sleuth was memorable.

And maybe a Pendulum ver 20th art book, too? That would be cool.

That would be great! I hope it wouldn't just be an expanded Digital Monster art book and would actually add some different stuff.

So, there is this one great theory I read about that I think has some merit to it.

Slayerdramon was originally supposed to be Royal Knight instead of Examon.

There are many signs pointing for this:
-Slayerdramon looks much more like Royal Knight, covered in armor and cape. Examon is most different looking of them all.
-Examon is fusion of Dracomon’s two lines. Aerial Blue dragon line and Ground Green dragon line. Examon himself is flying, and Slayerdramon is bipedal. Flying Mega would fit Flying line better.
-Slayerdramon’s cape is mix of blue and green.
-Examon would connect better with Wingdramon. They have much more similar face and body structure.

This is interesting, because history has screwed Slayerdramon like no other. Thanks to not being a Royal Knight, he missed out on Cyber Sleuth & Next Order. Now he is niche pick for Links and presumably Hacker’s Memory. I suppose this is for better. Examon is more interest thanks to being different and his appereance in Cyber Sleuth was memorable.

The Digimon Twitter recently confirmed Examon was originally supposed to be Wingdramon's Ultimate/Mega and Slayerdramon was the fusion. So you might be right that it was designed with being a Royal Knight in mind.

Oh, wait that twitter post was real? I didn’t realize it was from official one, didn’t pay attention lol. Just heard that this was discussed in twitter.

So yeah, that’s pretty much confirmed then. Why would legendary Royal Knight fuse with random dragon to create… a random dragon.

Early leaks for Hacker’s Memory once more.

Susanoomon and 2 of Olympos 12s, Neptunemon and Mercurymon.

There’s your Frontier representation. Interestingly, apparently GameFaqs had a leak about Neptunemon, which was bit suspicious. Rest of the leak had obvious choices that also got made, but Neptunemon is not that popular, so maybe it has some truth to it? Or coincidence. Either way, GameFaqs rumors lists BanchoStingmon, Dracomon line(obviously, but still), Garmmon and Valdurmon. Really, only Neptunemon and Valdurmon are relatively unknown.

Early leaks for Hacker’s Memory once more.

Susanoomon and 2 of Olympos 12s, Neptunemon and Mercurymon.

There’s your Frontier representation. Interestingly, apparently GameFaqs had a leak about Neptunemon, which was bit suspicious. Rest of the leak had obvious choices that also got made, but Neptunemon is not that popular, so maybe it has some truth to it? Or coincidence. Either way, GameFaqs rumors lists BanchoStingmon, Dracomon line(obviously, but still), Garmmon and Valdurmon. Really, only Neptunemon and Valdurmon are relatively unknown.

Cool choices. Glad to see Susanoomon in, along with some more Olympos XII. Mercurymon ups the Savers representation, too.

As far as that leak goes, I think that seems believable. I actually remember hearing another post mentioning Garmmon awhile back, claiming them and the Sistermon (before they were announced), so it's definitely looking plausible.

BanchoStingmon definitely makes me hope that's legitimate (and give us BanchoLilimon, too!).

DigimonGAF, it was fun! I'll miss you guys here. do you guys have a discord? if so link me or PM and hopefully we can set up a new OT in ResetERA.

Bye everyone!!
bXCw9fx.gif

febLey

What a shame that I've discovered this OT just now.

I love Digimon, I just rewatched Season 1, 2 and currently watching Season 3.
Also my Digimon Adventure Tri Chapter 2 Blu-Ray arrived on Monday, watched the first 3 chapters at the cinema, but can't wait to rewatch them.

Hope to see you again on DigiEra.

BTW: Patamon = Best Digimon

P.S.: I can't stand Davis and Veemon.

Well, with the times changing so much, its likely this will one of my last posts here.

It’s been a good run Digi-GAF.

Also guys Frontier is not that good c’mon you can’t forgive RK arc that much for something majority of people will likely never watch and music argument is meh since most Digi-animes have good music also monster designs were weak geez.

Top Bottom