• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami announces Vic Viper, Simon Belmont, and Pyramid Head for Super Bomberman R

Neiteio

Wait, there was a 60 fps patch -- as in, the patch is out right now, works as advertised, etc?

This is tempting.

Konami getting all the credit for HexaDrive's hard work

I wonder how much of this is Konami and how much is just old Bomberman crew caring enough to revive the IP

Busaiku

Wait, there was a 60 fps patch -- as in, the patch is out right now, works as advertised, etc?

This is tempting.
Dunno if it works as advertised (others in the other thread can clarify), but the patch downloaded while I was playing Puyo Puyo Tetris 15 minutes ago.

Interesting! I may have to pick this up soon. I had passed because of the reports on iffy controls. Apparently that's been ironed out though, and these DLC Bombers have caught my eye! I wonder if they'll have unique abilities like the Dastardly Bombers?

Theswweet

For real though, today has just been bombshell after bombshell for this game. First we get the NPD drop that it charted, then the 60 FPS patch, and now this?

This is probably Jim's reaction.

The Giant

Banned
Didn't Nintendo make a small push to have a new Bomberman game too?

Pretty much. My theory is that after Konami left the AAA industry. Nintendo approaches them to bring AA games to switch at a cheaper budget than AAA games, with Bomberman being the first.

Whah's the story behind this?

Jim Sterling has a recurring segment on his show for the past two years called "Fuck Konami News" where he reports on and eviscerates recent Konami news (mainly just new pachinko games, or stuff on Metal Gear Survive, their treatment of Kojima, Silent Hills, etc).

The sheer magnitude of the post-launch support for Bomberman is the first good news to come out of Konami in years. It's the complete antithesis to everything they've become in recent times. There was a post in another thread that said his segment this week should literally just be him staring at the screen speechless.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Whah's the story behind this?

It's a scene from season 2 of Daredevil.
The Punisher shoots him in the head at point blank range. His body armor saves him but it screws with his senses, causing him to go momentarily deaf. The GIF is the scene of him freaking out when he can't hear.

How would peoe feel if a new silent hill game released exclusively on Switch lol.

It would probably be ugly.

I was going to say Shattered Memories, but then I remembered there was a PS2 and PSP version of the game.

Nintendo consoles has been getting some exclusive horror games like Fatal Frame. So who knows.

Regiruler

Jim Sterling has a recurring segment on his show for the past two years called "Fuck Konami News" where he reports on and eviscerates recent Konami news (mainly just new pachinko games, or stuff on Metal Gear Survive, their treatment of Kojima, Silent Hills, etc).

The sheer magnitude of the post-launch support for Bomberman is the first good news to come out of Konami in years. It's the complete antithesis to everything they've become in recent times. There was a post in another thread that said his segment this week should literally just be him staring at the screen speechless.
I don't think he cares about bomberman. He didn't review it as far as I know.

Meanwhile he adores silent hill.

You can see where it may end up.

Tamanator

Bought it at the Switch launch and loved it aside from the flaws. Extremely refreshing that Konami of all publishers is actively looking to improve the title. Definitely a must buy for those who own a Switch and are looking for some classic Bomberman shenanigans.

They did make a donation to chapecoense fc, The football team that suffered the plane crash.

That was nice of them

Red Devil

Must have missed the news about Nintendo asking for this but would not be surprised since this IP was born on Famicom

Not exactly, actually it first came out on MSX, the first game did get a release on Famicom(and NES) a few years later.

Regarding Nintendo's involvement:

From that article said:
As for when led to its development, was told that both Nintendo and Konami came together to help make it happen in the first place, and the team responsible is comprised of Konami's internal team, which is comprised of former Hudson folk who worked on past Bomberman games, and Hexadrive (Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and The 3rd Birthday).

Im assuming this is paid DLC? No way Konami is giving this for free

No, it's free. The game getting free DLC was announced a few weeks back.

Top Bottom