• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Far Cry: Blood Dragon box art leaks, is greatest box art ever [SCREENS IN OP!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatDude

Banned
What are so OMGOPSJGEPGHWEPHGPHWEGH!!!!!!!!! about these screens?

It looks like a generic shooter with an interesting neon 80's vibe/setting.

I want some T-Rex's smashing up some tanks while the background music is rockin out to "take on me".

derFeef

I want some T-Rex's smashing up some tanks while the background music is rockin out to "take on me".

Hard to play music on screens :p

i get a Quake/Unreal Tournament -vibe from the screenshots. Plasmaguns, spacemarines and explosions.

But yeah, i hope the Dragons mentioned in the cheevos are actual MechaDragons instead of just some guy called dragon :D

Elixist

dont rain on the parade man, gonna be the best thing since alcohol was invented. *cough* probly the same game with a different skin * cough* cough

Dizzy-4U

About the screens? Nothing really. It's all about the presentation for me (cover, music, website). Absolute perfect in every aspect. It could be a mahjong game for all I care.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So it has Sub-Zero, Mark Hamill or Michael Biehn with a robot eye, and Sharon Stone from Basic Instinct on the cover.

How much money do I have to pay to get it?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Holy fuck why can't this be FC4?? this better not just a few hours game :/

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Not been interested in Far Cry for a long time, but here I am. Fucking wow. Delicious looking. Its standalone right?

TimmiT

Guess it's about time I finally buy Far Cry 3 on PS3... always felt like I wouldn't be able to get past the tearing :(

I'd get it on PC, or wait until you have a good enough PC for the game. From what I heard the framerate on the console versions is pretty bad.

Harts316

I just read the interview with the director. He said that a stuntman died during filming.

I want to play this now. Everything about this is perfect. If game developers in 1986 had the technology to make a FPS, this is what they would have made.

Expected nothing but shit from this if I'm gonna be honest, but this seems absolutely crazy cool. Like FC3 meets Hotline Miami and Hard Reset. That soundtrack is JUST like Hotline Miami and that's never a bad thing

The interview with the director kind of sounds like this will either be us playing the movie, or better yet, playing a drugged up action star killing real people while hallucinating about flashy hellish blood dragons.

Whatever it is, I'm loving it.

The interview with the director kind of sounds like this will either be us playing the movie, or better yet, playing a drugged up action star killing real people while hallucinating about flashy hellish blood dragons.

Whatever it is, I'm loving it.

I am hoping all the english in it sounds like foreigners aping american accents. Kinda like European 80s action films. Those were just classic.

I am hoping all the english in it sounds like foreigners aping american accents. Kinda like European 80s action films. Those were just classic.

Imagine if the devs really go out of their way, making badly acted voices and motion capture as horrible and cheesy as possible.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Holy crap the two songs on the blood dragon site are absolutely delicious. They remind me of an 80s retro more cyber spacey approach to the Thunder Force IV tracks! If this is what the whole OST is then my god GIVE ME MORE!

i don't know if this has been posted already but Kotaku reported on the soundtrack of the game. the musican goes by the name of powerglove. some music on his profile

https://soundcloud.com/powerglove

This music makes me wish this was being made as a more serious full title instead of some goofball spinoff using an 80's scfi-fi theme (which apparently just means haphazard colors and neon in this industry) that'll likely be all ironic and referential.

Vert boil

They tweaked the boxart overnight.

Old
sm4qvi.png
sm4qvi.png
sm4qvi.png
sm4qvi.png
sm4qvi.png
sm4qvi.png
sm4qvi.png
sm4qvi.png
New
boxartlgwcpya.jpg
boxartlg.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
God, the new box art looks like shit. Why did they have to ruin it like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom