• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Launch day (15th)
FEB Unit
16GB memory card
Uncharted
Ridge Racer
Fifa
Ninja Gaiden Sigma ( why the hell is this 39.99? )

Will download:

Wipeout 2048
Escape Plan -> hope this is listed for the At&t promotion
Super Stardust
Ys 1-2-3-7
MHF2nG

Eagerly awaiting:

Mortal Kombat
Assassin's Creed
COD...
Ragnarok Odyssey(Importing!!)
Gravity Rush(importing so will probably get in Feb and not May :D)

I never really saw the launch titles compiled in a list like that.

Have to echo the sentiments of the posters above me. Wow. WAY better than the 3DS launch, that's for sure.

graywolf323

Gold Member
yay its live

PS Vite First Edition bundle
2x 32GB memory cards (one for Vita games and the other for PSP games)
Screen Protector (http://www.barrierchief.com/ps-vita-screen-protector)
Hot Shots Golf
Wipeout 2048
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Virtua Tennis 4 (I really enjoy tennis games though would prefer another Hot Shots Tennis title)
and MLB 12 The Show when it comes out

then my on the fence titles
Army Corps of Hell
Shinobido 2
BlazBlue
Uncharted (solely because of the price)

and I'm going all digital

StuBurns

Banned
What is Broken? Do you have a link?
Not really, but it looks like this:

yRfVk.jpg

- J - D -

I'm working on the Gravity Rush OT which is going to be super special awesome.

Ah! Looking forward to it. Gonna be hype.

Also, I'm really glad there's no "vita is doomed" wink-wink joke in the threat title. I like the one archnemesis ended up using!

The only footage we ever got of Broken was from this. It looked like some kind of detective game.

I'm working on the Gravity Rush OT which is going to be super special awesome.

oh, are you close to finishing it? btw do we have an Asian release date for that game?

Looks like a younger Lincoln Lee from Fringe.

I remember someone asked Yoshida on Twitter about Broken and he said it's still coming.

A fringe fan?!... nice :D

imjust1n

Banned
This is for US Launch, Ok I really want to make sure of this so the FEB comes with little deviants , 4GB card, a limited edition case, wifi/3G Vita, A free month of Att 3G Service (15$ a month plan),a free PSN game and you are able to get the vita a week early so the 15th?

Any good trade in deals with a 360 at GS or any other outlet? I keep seeing great deals for Europe but almost nothing in the way of deals in the states.

I am looking to get a wifi w/32 gb card. Going all digital unless there is some kick ass deals.

Oh and thrustmaster case is only in Europe? Cant find it on amazon.com

Gah, this thread is moving so fast wanted to repost for some help

Raine

This is for US Launch, Ok I really want to make sure of this so the FEB comes with little deviants , 4GB card, a limited edition case, wifi/3G Vita, A free month of Att 3G Service (15$ a month plan),a free PSN game and you are able to get the vita a week early so the 15th?

Not trying to poke fun...but does your period key not work? Kinda hard to read :\

But yes, that is correct.

Plasma

Banned
So even though I told myself that I would wait until P4:Golden comes out I ended up pre-ordering one anyway.

Getting a 8GB card Lumines and Uncharted with it, think I might also look into picking up some PSP games that I've missed out on.

Rich!

Got mine all set to be picked up on the 22nd!

Any ideas of what the availability of memory cards will be like at launch (in the UK)? I'm not sure whether to reserve one in advance or not.

well looks like I have a good excuse to order a Vita now. I have $80 worth of best buy credit that I need to spend before the 18th of this month. And I have $30 worth of reward zone. Now I just have to decide if I want to get the normal wi fi +games or get the 3g version with the 8gb memory card and psn.

You have to sign up for one month for the At&t service , then you will get your game($15 value) and after the month you signed up for is done you will get the free month (another $15 value).

Got mine all set to be picked up on the 22nd!

Any ideas of what the availability of memory cards will be at launch? I'm not sure whether to reserve one in advance or not.

I'd say reserve one since GS is apparently selling accessories 2 weeks early or you could just get the 3G bundle.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Lumines and Hot Shots Golf. Two of my favorite series and two of the best portable-gaming series out there, phone and tablet gaming included.

kawaiigamr

Neo Member
I need to give you major props on this amazing thread :) Best thread ive seen ANYWHERE, granted im fairly new to neogaf

I cant wait for my first edition to ship, i dont think ive ever been so excited to get my hands on any console till vita. Some of those Japanese games sure look worth an import too :D

Rich!

Not a huge fan of the Uncharted series, but I was so impressed by the Vita one when I played it, I'm definitely getting that at launch. I'll get Rayman Origins too, as I haven't played it yet - and I'm sure it'll look amazing on the Vita's screen.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yes!

Just put my PSP up for sale--hoping that this thing gets PS1 compatibility somewhere along the way :(

I pre-ordered the Vita a couple of days ago due to the excellent Amazon bundle offer, but I'll be damned if the opening post of this thread hasn't got me really hyped for the console now. It made me realise more than anything that there really is a fair few titles on the way that I'm excited about, and I really hope that some of those more obscure Japanese titles make there way over here. For instance, this one...

5PpDr.jpg
ouwuz.jpg

Gyokugen Dasshutsu ADV: Zennin Shiboudes (Chunsoft) | Trailer | Commonly translated as "Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die". It's an upcoming visual novel and a successor to the Nintendo DS title 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors. It's being created by the same staff and will contain full voice acting, rendered 3D models, and a self-contained story.

...looks like something I'd really lap up. I don't know what the chances are of it being localised though; slim to none I'd garner.

Let's face it though, it's all about Gravity Rush. GOTY material right there for sure.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You can always use Remote play while you wait. Hopefully the update comes quick.

True. Has the lag been reduced from PSP's remote play? Any impressions floating around about that?

Cheska

I see a lot of you buying screen protectors. Is there something wrong with the screen protector that's included it the starter pack? Since I'm getting the FEB, the screen protector is included in that bundle, but I'm wondering if I should switch to one of the other branded ones.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Haven't seen anything with vita trade in deals at Gamestop but I expect that to change this week.

No offense but Stardust takes the crown for me :).

Stardust is a really nice game, and I played the crap out of it when it came out (also awesome 3D), but I'm kinda burnt out on twin-stick games atm. Sure it will rock though.

no_to_co

Thanks for the awesome thread archnemesis! Now here is to a PSP game sale on the PSN next week so that I can load up on all those JRPGs that I always wanted to get.

who said about can't be hacked ? they said it about ps3 and see now what you got lol
Three years later, and only because of some rather pathetic carelessness on Sony's part...

They've learned their lesson; this one's gonna be HARD to crack. I'll bet it won't be hacked in the first 40 months...

I was about to say you're not Weekend_Warrior but I noticed you're signed up for the OT too. Awesome thread!

I kicked ass in the other Western Thread.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 6,778
User Name Posts
DoctorWho 258
Takao 245
MikeE21286 129
g35twinturbo 123
Toki767 121
dallow_bg 114
LiquidMetal14 111
graywolf323 98
Reluctant-Hero 92

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
My current plan so far.

Launch:
Wifi Vita
32GB card
Wipeout

Later:
Gravity Rush when it releases
Uncharted after a price drop
Ys Celceta when it inevitably releases in the west

Considering:
Tales of Innocence, don't know if it turned out any good, don't know if it's getting released here.
Warrior's Lair, interested, but have no idea if it's going to be any good.
SumiOni, want to try the demo first, seems like it could be kind of awkward to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom